Scammed by A-American Septic employee in Phoenix

On 3/13/15, employee Chris Santhee came to pump the septic tank at my vacation home in Scottsdale, AZ. After paying $225 to the company (previously agreed price), the employee told me my septic system was in danger of replacement - that he tank had to be completely cleaned out (rather than just pumped). He told me the company would charge $300 or more, but that he would perform the work for $150 on the side. I felt I had no alternative because I am not a full time resident and as departing on a flight that afternoon. The employee proceeded to run water into he tank using my hose and suction it back out - for approximately 10 minutes - telling me he had fixed the problem. After he departed I called A-American 602-455-**** and spoke to Wally (office manager). Wally replied that they had experienced similar prior problems with this employee and to send a copy of the cancelled check - which they would refund to me. I have sent to letters to A-American since and have not received a reply. Today I reached the owner (Tim Ransom) who told me no refund was coming and that Wally never told me any of the facts I have detailed above. A-American is letting their employee(s) rip them off and further I would never do business with them again or recommend them to anyone. One would think a loyal customer is more important than one they have allowed their employee to scam.
ID
#620330 Review #620330 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Cons
  • Consumer scam
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article