Discriminated against for being a renter & not the home owner

AAA Overhead Door - Discriminated against for being a renter & not the home owner
My garage door was having a security issue of opening up again after it closed. It was installed by AAA Atlantic Overhead Door (241-****) less than 6 months ago. I left in my car on 1-5-14 and thought the garage door closed, but it didn't. It opened back up and was wide-open for my bike to be stolen or a criminal to enter the house where my son was asleep! When I returned home, I was upset to discover the door had not closed & I immediately disconnected the wires to the photo-eye sensors so that garage door would not re-open unintentionally and called AAA Atlantic Overhead Door for maintenance. After calling on 1-6-14 and then waiting all day 1-7-14, someone finally arrived about 6:00pm. The employee was rude and unprofessional to me and acted like the garage door problem was MY fault! He was angry that I touched the photo-eye sensor wires. I explained that I already had a $200 bike stolen & didn't want someone to break into our house due to the defective opener. It took him less than 10 minutes to fix the problem. . .and then charged $90 for the service call! I don't like the way I was treated with disrespect. I pay alot of money each month to live at the beach. He knew I was not the owner, but a renter and treated me like a second class citizen.
ID
Ponte Vedra, Florida
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article