Falsely advertised /Threatened Penalty payment not in contract

AAA-1 Roof Care of Woodinville falsely advertised the house would be "washed" as part of roof/gutter cleaning process. This add reels in the customer with an expectation they have no intention of providing. Actual estimate indicates house will be rinsed of debris from roof cleaning. When cleaning technician arrived, I verified the descrepancy and was told that customers often complain to him of this I challenged Karen, the office manager on the discrepancy of language and expectation. When I tried to cancel the cleaning on scheduled day, August 16 2011, I was threatened with a $150 fee. No such fee is mentioned anywhere in the advertisement or any other paperwork provided to me by the company.

Who cancels service on the day of a job they hired a contractor for? NO ONE!

That is not the correct way to do business, you should have asked all your questions at the time of receiving the estimate that way you were prepared for the job you hired the company to do. You can not cancel on a contractor on the day of the job, they have a right to apply a cancellation fee as they were county on your job and now will not have a job and based off how long they have been in business for and there reviews on other websites I'm sure that spot would have been filled if you did not waste there time. You want them to include pressure washing the siding. What else are you expecting them to do, clean your windows, *** your lawn, and do you errands?

We use AAA-1 Roof Care every year and they do awesome work.

I think you are unreasonable.

Glad to see this complaint. Was considering using coupon advertised in neighborhood flyer.

This kind of critique helps. Especially as single woman-- as we all know women like me are often "taken" !!!

@PissedConsumer809772

Josie,

Why don't you look into the company for yourself instead of just going off what another individual says about a company. For all we know they are a competitor just trying to bring down other similar companies.

I looked into AAA-1 Roof Care and found a lot of wonderful reviews elsewhere and they have an A+ rating with the BBB which says a lot.

I used them and I have recommended them to family, friends, and neighbors and we all have had great experiences.

Thank you.

I was just raving about AAA-1 to my co-workers when I found this website. I think your way off, My service was amazing!

From the moment I called AAA-1 I was greeted by a live person (something their competitors fail to have) They were courteous and fast with their bid, two other companies never even responded and the third I tried didn't show up to bid untill AAA-1 was already done. They cleaned my roof and fixed a leak that previously others couldn't find the cause of. They did an amazing clean up and rinsed my house beautifully. To expect a roofing company to "wash" your siding is crazy.

They are roofers. If you wanted to paint after you should have asked a painter to pressure wash your siding.

It sounds like you were disappointed you didn't get something for free. I think your review is unfair and it sounds like your one of those unhappy people that is always expecting more and always miserable.

View more comments (3)
ID
Lynnwood, Washington

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article