A Youthful Reflection=Fake Laser Hair Removal

Don't make the same naive mistake I did!! Run, run like the wind!! Stay away from this place! Spend a little more money for better quality. It's not worth the Groupon savings!! My first session and my last, mind you, was nothing like my consultation with Kathy Bragg. BTW, can you really call yourself a "Doctor" if you're a Chiropractor? Kathy Bragg won't be conducting your laser hair removal treatment, it'll be another woman, she just does the consultations it seems. Now, I've had about 7 laser hair removal treatments consecutively in the past from a real laser hair removal machine from Renu Laserspa in Dublin (AWESOME & and it works) so I'd like to think I know what I'm talking about. The machine this office uses is different. It's not laser. I naively thought it'd be the same or similar. Here's their process. 1. they use a round flat headed wand to ice/heat 2. ice the treatment spot at about 42 degrees F 3. extreme heat the same spot (think of an iron on your skin) 4. repeat 2 & 3 (ice/heat, ice/heat, ice/heat) My body BUCKED uncontrollably! And...I YELLED and SCREAMED multiple times! I'm able to tolerate a high level of pain (the laser was painless compared to this process). I feel completely unsafe in their treatment process of hair removal with the machine they have in their office. Suffice to say, after 36 hours, I noticed hair growth. That's not normal, basically it's not suppose to happen. I took Kathy's suggestion and waited almost 3 weeks for the hair follicles to "fall out" but sadly it continues to grow. Therefore, I asked for a refund based on how ineffective their "laser hair removal" process was and Kathy Bragg gave me a long winded response of "We provided a service to you that you requested." Not really. Your procedure didn't remove or minimize hair growth and I'm not *** to put my body in jeopardy again and again and pay you for it. I feel they were deceptive and improperly advertised their services. They advertised laser hair removal, but they don't have a "laser" hair removal machine. They're Chiropractors trying to pass themselves off as MDs and fronting as a Laser Spa.

Had my second treatment today...and I saw an 80% decrease in hair growth from the first to now. While its not completely painless it was just as i had read...like the snap of a rubber band.

And really...the pain was a lot less than the first treatment which is what they also said would happen.

For me...so far so good...best $99 I've ever spent.

Worst ever, I bought 6 treatments no change

Went to another hair removal place and what a difference

I got my refund from groupon

I purchased a groupon for laser hair removal and am very satisfied with my treatment. Kathy and her staff are very nice and professional.

The unwanted hair is still gone after many months. I would use their services again.

I agree! They use cheap machines...the laser machine did not even touch my skin, she held it inches way.

How is that effective?? They say that the SpaTouch Elite is a cheap and ineffective machine.

Your experience was one of a kind. I got the groupon and so did my friends and we all had great experiences, hair loss and no pain. Perhaps you have overly sensitive skin...

View more comments (4)
ID
Dallas, Texas

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article