Rip-off, they have a history

This company (A-Plus Installation LLC, based in East Hartford, Connecticut) installed my water heater as a Sears Contractor. Upon arriving, they forced me to install a leak-shut off device for an additional $585. They claimed it is town-code requirement, and also says there is no cheaper alternative. Afterward, I checked CT plumbing codes, and nowhere in the file was found such a code. I also found the same device cost $197 in home depot, and the installation of the insert (as part of the water heater process) took no more than 10 min – I watched them do it – they charged more $388 for a 10 min work !!! I called Sears – Sears says I have to address the issue with them (this is ridiculous in another light – Sears hired them I did not, I hired Sears, so stay away from Sears installation). I called A-Plus Installation LLC, based in East Hartford, Connecticut and asked which twon code they were referring – the secretory took message, but they never called me back. I also asked the secretory who answered the phone why the 10 min installation of a $197 device cost $585 – she said they can charge how much they want!!!! – This is a business that cheat (claim town code) and over charge. Beware!! I also found similar complaint on BBB – so they have a history.
ID
Hartford, Connecticut
Service
A Plus Installation Of East Hartford Water Heater Installation
Pros
  • Showed up within time frame
Cons
  • Over charge
  • Not responsive to dispute
Reason of review
Cheat and over-charge
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article