Rip-off, they have a history

This company (A-Plus Installation LLC, based in East Hartford, Connecticut) installed my water heater as a Sears Contractor. Upon arriving, they forced me to install a leak-shut off device for an additional $585. They claimed it is town-code requirement, and also says there is no cheaper alternative. Afterward, I checked CT plumbing codes, and nowhere in the file was found such a code. I also found the same device cost $197 in home depot, and the installation of the insert (as part of the water heater process) took no more than 10 min – I watched them do it – they charged more $388 for a 10 min work !!! I called Sears – Sears says I have to address the issue with them (this is ridiculous in another light – Sears hired them I did not, I hired Sears, so stay away from Sears installation). I called A-Plus Installation LLC, based in East Hartford, Connecticut and asked which twon code they were referring – the secretory took message, but they never called me back. I also asked the secretory who answered the phone why the 10 min installation of a $197 device cost $585 – she said they can charge how much they want!!!! – This is a business that cheat (claim town code) and over charge. Beware!! I also found similar complaint on BBB – so they have a history.
ID
Hartford, Connecticut
Pros
  • Showed up within time frame
Cons
  • Not responsive to dispute
  • Over charge
Reason of review
Cheat and over-charge
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Construction and Repair Expert Talks

How to Hire The Right Contractor And Not Be Scammed

Apr 16, 2021

How to build a home? How to hire the right contractor? Matt DiBarra, with Diabara Masonry, reveals top home construction scams and gives the best tips to consumers on how to find the best contractor.

Read full article
Matt DiBarra
Matt DiBarra

Matt DiBarra is well-known as The Undercover Contractor. He is the owner of DiBara Masonry company in Los Angeles that specializes in house repairs, restorations, and new installations.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article