Stay Away From 86Photovideo.com ripoff

This store advertise a sony camcorder for $499. When you call to inquire about your order they will up sell you with very expensive battery or any accessories. If you don't buy your order will be cancelled. They are *** artist. not worth the hassle and time waiting for them to answer only to cancel your order. If you ever come accross with there site just run away. they are always listed in bottom dollars or camcoder for less. don't believe about there price it just a come on so that you will come to their store and screw your plans. what a waste
Irvine, California

Horrible online experience

I ordered a camera online and recieved an email stating to call them to confirm my order. I called and the man tried to sell me a upgrade to my memory card and battery for the camera. He told me that the memory card I purchased would only hold 2 pictures and the battery would only last 5 minutes and that I needed an upgrade in order to purchase the camera. The price of his upgrade was an additional $200 (camera cost $125). This included a 2 Gig memory card and a rechargeable battery. I told him I did not want those upgrades because i could easily find a much better price somewhere else. After arguing with me for 5 minutes, he told me that if I didn't order the upgrades that I couldn't have the camera. Then he told me that I wasted HIS time. This was the worst online shopping experience I have ever had. Do not order from this company!!!

8) Right I hear you. He tried to do the ol' bait and switch routine on you.

Shop locally. And don't be an *** buying from a place called "86th street photo and video".

Endicott, New York

86th Street Photo & Video Won't Sell Camera

I ordered a video camera yesterday online and received a confirmation email last night. I received an email this afternoon. I returned the phone call, because they said there was a problem with my credit card. When I called they asked for the CVV number off the back, unusual because I had input this number into the order form on the internet. Then, they tried to "upsell" me a battery and when that failed, a warranty, I refused both. No sooner than I had hung up I received an email stating that the camera was on backorder now. I called them back to complain and was told again it was on back order for 3-4 WEEKS! I explained that I needed the camera right away to which he responded that I hadn't ordered overnight. I said I need it by next week, plenty of time. I asked for one in a different color, again, backordered. All three colors were suddenly backordered? I asked why they were selling a camera that was backordered. The response was that he didn't like my "tone". No sooner than I had hung up this phone call, I received an email telling me I had cancelled my order! I called back again, waited for customer service, asked for a manager and was told I had one on the line. Surprise! I explained what had happened and he said he was sorry, the camera was on backorder. I asked how he knew it was on backorder since I hadn't given my name or order number or anything. He told me that if someone said it was on back order it was on backorder. I then suggested that I didn't think they were very up front, and that the only reason the camera was suddenly on backorder was because I didn't want to buy their battery or warranty. He denied this, of course. What a shady way to do business! Unless you're prepared to buy something that you don't want in order to get the cheaper prices, steer clear of the "cheapest" price on the internet.

There are several companies online that are doing this. If you had bought the first extra they offered then you would have been sold something more until you spent more than you could have bought the camera for in a local store.

Las Vegas, Nevada

86th St. Photo & Video won't sell if no UPsell

I ordered a great camera at a great price online from this company. I completed the transaction online with complete contact info. I received an e-mail from Clark stating that I needed to call the company in order to verify info. When I called the 800 number, Clark tried to sell me *** priced upgrades like memory cards and whatnot, but I said no thanks to all of that and we concluded our conversation. Two minutes later I received an e-mail telling me that my great camera at the great price was out of stock and might become available again in 4-6-weeks. They were happy to point out that if I wanted to I could cancel my order at any time. I had to call back on a different phone in order for my call to actually be answered (I had called three times on my regular phone number before changing phones) when I called to complain, but was told again that if I was unhappy with the wait, I could cancel my order. What a crock of bull!

Beware of 86th street photo & video (www.86photovideo.com). I ordered a Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS from this company and found out the only truth about this company was they did have the lowest price, but for a good reason.

Once I placed the order I received an E-Mail stating they needed to verify my shipping address and card number before shipping (I already did so when I ordered from the web site). But I called and they verified and then they continued to try and sell me other stuff. They said they had a great deal on a 1GB SD memory card for $89.00. I was told that I could only use a SD card that was formatted by Garmin at the factory and couldn’t use a standard SD card, so I ordered a card from them.

The GPS I received from them was in a white box with the GPS laying in the top with no packing around it. Also the cords, mount and other stuff was just laying in the bottom of the box with no packing. Plus I found no Manual in the box. This was clearly a used or a refurb unit.

But they say All items are brand new on there web site. The SD card they sent me was a standard SD card that I could have bought for under $10, where’s the deal? I also ask for 3 day shipping on the web site for $20, I thought that was high, but paid it, and they charged me $30 on the invoice. I bought the Extended Service Plan from CPS and they told me that even Bestbuy would honor, well now Bestbuy said they will not.

But they will cover it under the manufactures warranty. I do have a working unit and hope I never need the Extended Service Plan.

So, that’s what I have to say about 86th street photo & video.

If anyone from 86th street photo & video cares this will be my last order with you. You can not be allowed to operate in this manner.

They won't even return a call or email once I refused to order addition items. I got so concerned that I cancel my credit card the following day and notified the BBB. STAY AWAY

Everything you are reading on the blog is correct. Identical situation.

After I was not interested in the add ons/up sell, received an email that the camera was on back-order for 3-4 weeks. Bottom line: if you don't purchase extras that are "over-priced" you wont get anything, but now they have your credit card information.

Where do you go to report them? Who do you report them to?

I had the same bad expereince today ordering a GPS. As soon as I turned down the $150 1GB memory card, I got an email stating the product was out of stock for 4-6 weeks. The email arrived within 2 minutes of turning down their push for the accessory.

Same here. They had a great price for a Sony DSC-H50.

Ordered on Friday, got confirmation, then on Monday I get a note saying it is back ordered even though the site still showed "Availability: Usually Ships in 1 to 2 Business Days." Called the place a couple of times and got the same answer and run-around as Ed. Then today, I check the site, the price is jumped by $20 AND my back-ordered order is no where to be found.

These guys are collecting our credit card #'s and not delivering anything. Is there a way to file a complaint with authorities about fraudulent business practice of this company?

I must be slow.. I ordered a camera from those guys going on 4 months ago and still no camera- I finally googled them and no my eyes r open-- it was the same deal with me..

I even ordered anothere camera because the price was so great.. They must have created there own rating site too..

There's a link on there site for some "low price rating" which gives them a 5 star rating. Ha ha!!

View more comments (5)
Colorado Springs, Colorado

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article