Raenette S

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Austell, Georgia

I was cheated of my $275.00 application fee

On Wednesday, 10/11/2023, I spoke with Cynthia, a representative at this complex. I wanted to make sure, before applying for the apartment, that I was applying for the specific apartment because I knew I would not qualify for a more expensive apartment than this complex had available.

Cynthia was very nice and stated "Yes, this apartment is available, and make sure you put in for this one specifically. So, again, I did. I called their office back at around 1:00 p.m. and spoke with a different representative, I advised her I wanted to make sure everything was a go, and again I applied for the correct apartment.

She stated Cynthia was on the grounds with a customer but assured me that Cynthia would call back. I heard back from Cynthia at approximately 4:00 p.m., stating she tried reaching out to me to advise the apartment that I applied for was being renovated and would not be available. She said she called my cell phone. I did let her know, that I had not received a call from her, and I was extremely shocked that she would have even stated she called my phone, due to the fact that I can get a copy of my phone bill to prove that "No call was ever received." Also, in my call that was received from her, I allowed 3 co-workers to listen, because everyone knows how eager I have been to move.

They are my witnesses of the statement that was made by Cynthia. After Cynthia realized her error, she went into the profile of the application and made a note, that the applicant was aware of the unit change. I was aware of the but not aware of the change prior to paying my $275.00. I would like all money back to my debit card, or I will be going further with this matter.

This is not my first incident with "670 Thornton," but I promise it will be the last. I have been reimbursed $200.00, but I want my other $75.00 as well.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Convienance
Cons:
  • Misleading

Preferred solution: Full refund

| map-marker Atlanta, Georgia

I was cheated of my $275.00 application fee

670 Thornton - I was cheated of my $275.00 application fee
670 Thornton - I was cheated of my $275.00 application fee - Image 2

They are my witnesses of the statement that was made by Cynthia. After Cynthia realized her error, she went into the profile of the application and made a note, that the applicant was aware of the unit change. I was aware of the, but not aware of the change prior to paying my $275.00.

I would like all money back to my debit card, or I will be going further with this matter. This is not my first incident with "670 Thornton," but I promise it will be the last.

User's recommendation: I do not approve of liars

Real Estate Expert Talks

"I'm a Huge Proponent of Building a Home" Ty Wilde About Real Estate Industry

Sep 15, 2020

To help every potential homeowner find answers to their most important real estate questions, we’ve invited Ty Wilde Realtor & New Home Construction Specialist. In this video interview, we asked Ty to share his vast experience and give expert advice on whether to build a house or buy a house, what’s the best time to buy a house, what to consider during the house inspection, and more.

Read full article
Ty Wilde
Ty Wilde

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article