Fake Reviews about 40 50 Media

There have been a number of fake reviews about 40 50 Media. The reviews do not match any client sale, profile or project at all. It is the same two people/competing companies that are adding these false statements. If 40 50 Media have ever had any genuine complaints, they have always been resolved and never has any party involved poseted a genuine review on this website.
Service
40 50 Media Web Development

The most dishonest company in the UK

When I contacted them, I was a bit inexperienced and needed a website. I got an ugly one and paid £3000 for it. They were constantly adding fees and costs for bits and pieces, and the website went down a few times. I had emails created with my company name and they constantly were suffering bugs. They are overall very unqualified and overpriced

This is a fake review. This does not match any client sale, profile or project at all.

It is the same 2 people/companies are adding these false statements. If we have ever had any genuine complaints, they have always been resolved and never has any party involved posetd a genuine review on this website.

Bad quality
Preferred solution
Full refund

Took our money and ran

My girlfriend 6 months ago paid in full for a website. She has received nothing back. Emailed several times. Now looking to take legal action. Please avoid do not become another victim. Pay on completion if you go ahead.
Service
40 50 Media Web Development
Order processing issue

15 months awaiting and I am still empty handed

I submitted my project 15 months ago (!!), paid deposit (50% of full amount) and still have nothing back so judge by yourself if you would like to use them or not... I read negative comments before submitting but foolishly decided to give it a go as had small budget. During process, there was plenty of delays due to different reasons on 4050 Media site: passing project from person to person, family issues etc... 12 months later, they just completely stopped responding. Now I don't have money or website or funds to continue my business. Just Brilliant! From my perspective 4050 Media just stolen my money.

Dear Agnieszka Strachan,

Thank you for your review but it is a bit unfair to say the least.

We have responded on a number of occasions but had no response in return.

As you are fully aware we have built three complete working versions of a website and actually made a loss on the project even if the balance due was paid.

We built the site as shown in your original brief, you then wanted it changed so we then rebuilt the whole site to a different spec and you changed the brief again and we then rebuilt it for the third time to try and help you.

We tried to help as regards the viability of the site and a lot more. This is one of a number of reviews you've added online to try and tarnish our name to try and obtain money where no money is due. If you want to leave it online then that's up to you but it's not something we would do to a business who had tried to help someone as much as we have.

@PissedConsumer1081414

Alan,

PLEASE PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF THESE PHANTOM THREE COMPLETED PROJECTS

Lets make this perfectly clear, for the record. I did not change my mind about my desired website at any point.

I received 1 complete project from yourselves in April 2015 (after 7 months patient awaiting) which I refused to accept as was completely different to what I had specified in my submission form in Sept 2014. I had clearly detailed everything I wanted to achieve in my submission as well as in several emails before I committed to cooperation - I have no idea where you got confused between submission in September 2014 and April 2015 as my desired project still to this date has not changed - Perhaps if you had actually read my emails and submission form, it may have helped. Since May 2015 you have passed me over to another person - Michael, who after initial introductory email, has never contacted me again. On several occasions during whole period, I asked to be contacted over a phone instead of emails so we could avoid any more confusion but that never happened either.

I cannot believe you are playing a victim now when is me who did not get a single outcome of this cooperation just a huge headache.

Regarding leaving you review: What would you expect from another angry, ignored customer?

I paid deposit (50% of full price) for one project unsatisfactorily delivered. These apparent "3 other projects" are without evidence and no one ever saw, except yourself.

I didn't try to obtain deposit funds. I asked for project to be finalized! May I remind you, the subject of returning deposit was raised by yourself in Feb 2015 (5 months from submission) when you wanted to proceed with refund as you self admittedly were failing with project delivery due to never ending "Personal Problems".

I re-raised the subject around October 2015 time, because I still had nothing tangible except a failed project and a string of excuses after 15 months waiting. Anyone would!

Can you honestly say that you gave 100% focus and attention to this project? As always I am willing to communicate via telephone however I will not hold my breath as you have thus far declined and this is the closest I have had from a response in several months.

View more comments (1)
ID
Cons
  • Avoid
  • Not responsive
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Trying to leave

I have finished with them and am trying to get them to move my domain name to another provider but seem totally unable to contact them. They don't answer emails and the phone is always on answer phone. Currently I am not receiving emails and this is now causing me a problem, I wish I had never heard of them. I was with them when they were tricycle media and I found them okay but I believe that because I am trying to get away from them they are being obstructive. Either that or they are going to fold the company and start again, I am considering contacting Watchdog about them.

All emails are answered within 24 hours and if you have any issues sending an email simply go to http://www.4050media.co.uk/contact/ Phone calls are always responded to but recently the number changed to a Free phone number so that existing clients and new clients have no call costs to pay even from a mobile number. The company is expanding, not closing down and only changed name previously due to fake malicious comments on this website from someone who tried to blackmail the company into paying money so that comments were not added to this site.

If you want to move a site or domain name away it can be done within 24 hours and 4050Media always help anyone who wants to do so in a firnedly way as from past experience, ex-clients often return back to using 4050Media.

It is therefore in our interests to do so in a friendly way. If you have not recieved a reply within 24 hours it may be worth checking the spam folder on your own email account just in case.

4050Media Support

Manchester, England
Reason of review
Failing to deliver my domain to another provider

Beyond excellent service from 4050 media

I searched for 4050 Media reviews as I started using them a while ago and wanted to recommend them, and was surprised to find this review. I can only speak from my own experience, but it could not have been more different to the previous reviewer. They have been professional, friendly, timely, good value, and have given me a lot of extra support at no extra charge in the setting up of my website. I had little experience in the field, so could probably have been "scammed" without too much effort, but have found their integrity to be of the highest nature - advising me against costly methods and towards more economical ways of doing things, effectively reducing their own fees. I feel totally confident in highly recommending them.

They used to be called Tricycle Media, and they are total scammers. Websites are stored on their own server that breaks every other week (which ends up by delaying all your work).

They are greedy and don't deliver on time if ever.

They insist on upfront payment and will make you believe that all requests are possible. Highly unprofessional and dishonest.

London, England
Pros
  • Friendly honest good value service
Fair pricing

40 50 Media Ltd previously known as Tricycle Media Limited are scammers

40 50 Media Limited, previously known as Tricycle Media Limited are scammers. It is the same people operating the defunct Tricycle Media Limited who are now operating 40 50 Media Ltd. Alan Wareham (Managing Director) and Fiona Jefferies (Sales Director) are the same people operating 40 50 Media. Many people were scammed by Tricycle Media Limited. The company went into receivership and their victims (clients) neither got the service they were promised nor their money back. I was one of those who was scammed by Tricycle Media now operating as 40 50 Media Ltd. I created a profile here on Pissed Consumers about this company in 2013 and I was shocked by the number of people who also suffered the same faith (see link below): http://www.pissedconsumer.com/company/tricycle-media-limited/tricycle-media-are-scammers-do-not-use-their-services-201303****2965.html If you search Tricycle Media Limited on Pissed Consumer's search box above, you will find that there were lots of clients scammed by the same company. In my thread titled : "Tricycle Media Limited - Tricycle Media are scammers - do not use their services" published in 2013, I gave a detailed account about the malpractices of this company. It was in that thread that a fellow victim gave the new name this company is now trading under (40 50 Media Ltd) after the liquidation of Tricycle Media Limited. Do not be fooled. It is the same people who are behind both companies. Alan and his team thinks that they can have a fresh start by trying to distance themselves from their former company (Tricycle Media). There are at least four different threads about Tricycle Media here on Pissed Consumer, most of which are bad reviews, and the good ones are rather suspect. I used the word "suspect" because it seems that Alan is using his team to make positive comments about the company and to vote down negative reviews. For example if you look at the votes in my original thread, you will notice that most of the comments about this company is negative, yet the vote downs are more than or equal to the number of voters who found the review useful. Something does not add up. As I stated in that thread, I couldn't care less about the votes. All I am interested in warning others about this thieving company. However, their behaviour does shows the length Alan and his team will go to in order to limit any negative reviews. Also, even if we are believe the testimonials provided in 40 50 Media Ltd's website (which I believe were cooked-up), those testimonials were for Tricycle Media not 40 50 Media. What they have done was copy the testimonials from the defunct Tricycle Media website and pasted it on to 40 50 Media Ltd. Don't fall victim to their new company (40 50 Media Ltd). See also how they distance themselves from Tricycle Media. There is no mention of Tricycle Media in their new website (e.g. history or about us), yet they have no problem using testimonials from that company. They deliberately did not mention anything about Tricycle Media because to do that will link their new company to the defunct Tricycle Media which had been engaged in fraudulent activities leading to is liquidation. Also, their website gives the impression that they have been operating as 40 50 Media for over 20 years when we all know that couldn't be further from the truth. They only started operating under this name about a year or two ago after the collapse of Tricycle Media. 40 50 Media Ltd is the same as Tricycle Media Limited. Do not be fooled. Avoid this company like the plague.

AMS It would seem that Mr TJ is not the only one to be ripped off by 40:50 Media I for one was a client with Tricycle who happily took my money and gave at best moderate customer service. On transition to 40:50 Media (which I was informed about) I kept paying the hosting fee but never got a shred of service.

It now appears they have taken my site down with no communication or compensation. I have now tried in vain to contact this company.

I would love to participate in legal action and would be happy to join other victims in the quest. Alternatively perhaps Mr & Mrs Wareham would like to meet their many victims and answer for their criminal activities?

@PissedConsumer1160824

It really saddens me to learn that more and more people are being scammed by this company after all these years. I really wish people read reviews before giving their hard earned cash to fraudsters like this.

That was one experience I took away from my dealings with Alan and his company. I am sorry to read that you were also scammed by Alan and his company. Of course I would be willing to provide testimony and evidence against this company if more people want to go after him and his company. I think there is one here and others in my initial post (see link above).

So sorry about your experience. At least you got some sort of service albeit it dismal. I got nothing and they took my money. Although I have put that experience behind me, I would gladly help anyone interested in pursuing Alan and his company through the courts.

I know how that felt when they scammed me especially being a small business where every penny counts. So sad.

Hi,

Can you please get in touch as I'd like to start legal action against them (similar problem as yours)?

@PissedConsumer1074854

Hi,

It really saddens me that more and more people are getting scammed by this company. Sorry to learn that you were one of their victims.

If you need my help feel free to get in touch. Alan and Fiona's thieving has gone on for long enough. Either contact me or leave details (safely and wisely) so I can contact you.

I am willing to provide any testimony /evidence to support your case. Good luck!

This false accusation by Mr Tamsir Joof has been passed to the police.

Mr Joof has a history of posting aggressive comments e.g. http://observer.gm/europe/united-kingdom/article/2008/2/8/re-uk-visa-reject and tried to extort money from a well know and trusted company.

As he failed in his attempt to do so, he resorted to these false posts which resulted in a number of UK Businesses going into liquidation and in turn a number of UK residents losing their jobs.

This website is based outside the UK and will not remove the false allegations. Mr Joof can, but refuses to do so.

@PissedConsumer813215

What? Are you kidding me?

I have never ever posted on a Daily Observer forum in my entire life. I don't even read that paper never mind your false accusations. You are only angry because I outed you and your company hence why you are trying to get revenge by any means necessary. If you are going to accuse me of something, please make sure it is the truth.

Your link does not even exist. And please tell me which company did I tried to extort money from. LOOOOOOOOOOOOL! Please do tell everyone here.

Don't keep it a secret. You have my permission to name the supposed the company here. It would be very easy for me to then approach that company with your false accusations and paste their replies on this thread word for word. I knew you were devious but never knew you were this bad.

You will go to any length to repair your damaged reputation. I gave a negative review about your company because I was scammed. And as evident in my original thread see link above, it appeared that I was not the only one who was scammed by you, your colleague Fiona and your company. I didn't give you a negative review for the sake of it i.e.

just to damage your business. Prior to using "your services", I didn't even know about you and couldn't care less about you or your company. I really hope people see this thread and the initial one before using your services. Sometimes it is better to just apologise or failing that, keep a dignified silence.

Your have damaged your credibility even more by posting this. Everybody now knows what kind of person you are and the kind of business your operate. Had I seen this post of yours earlier I would have responded. Potential clients be warned.

This is the man that operates 40 50 Media previously the defunct Tricycle Media Limited. This in it self would give you an insight into this man's integrity and credibility. He possesses none. Is this the kind of man you want to take your business to and suffer the same faith as many others here as attested to in my initial post?

Think very carefully and do your own research.

By the way Alan, with the type of business I in, if anyone is going to extort money is should be the other way round i.e. business clients extorting money from me, not me extorting money from them. Loooool!

You should have done your research. I should add that, no business client of mine has ever extorted money from me and neither have I. The only *** here is Alan and his businesses 40 50 Media previously known as Tricycle Media Limited which was closed down by the legal authorities in the UK (thank God) due to its malpractices. Unless 40 50 Media changes ownership and management, I foresee the same faith for it.

The difference between you and I is that, everything I have posted on Pissed Consumers about your fraudulent companies is based on fact and I have email evidence to prove it never mind the testimonies provided here by your other victims. Whatever you say is based on lies with no evidence to substantiate your claims. You provided a link that does not work and you failed to name the company I supposed tried to extort money from. Please name this company so that I can approach them and paste their response here in verbatim for everyone to see.

That is the difference between you and I. You are a liar and I tell the truth. Your reputation is already damaged. You did this to yourself and instead of taking the proper channels to rectify this, you blame your victims (I included).

I didn't do this to you. You did it to yourself when you scammed me and others. As I stated in my original post, I still have all the email correspondences between you/your company and I. If you want, I can copy and paste all our email correspondences right here on Pissed Consumers.

I challenge you. Please tell me to copy and paste them here. I'm sure you are not going to accept my challenge because those emails will reveal more about your thieving ways. Go ahead!

Please accept my challenge. I dare you. I gave a negative review to your company because you stole from me and I needed to warn others especially small and medium sized businesses who are more likely to be your victim as evident in my original thread. You have stolen a lot of money and time from me.

One more lies and I will copy and paste everything here for others to see. I have nothing to hide. You on the other hand have a lot to hide and lose. As I stated in my initial post, if I was to reveal everything about your thieving ways it will be a book which I don't have time for.

Although I gave a detailed account in that post including dates, names etc., I held back a bit because the thread was long enough. However, if you cross me, I will copy and paste everything here for others to see then take you to court for slander. Further, the police are not going to take you seriously because what I have revealed here about you company is the truth. Of course they didn't take you seriously hence why no one came knocking on my door yet since you posted this last May.

Lol! You don't seem to understand English Law at all. Poor you! Your company was closed down because of fraudulent activities - this can be found in court records; you stole money from me and others as substantiated by the emails in my possession, my bank account and testimonies provided by your other victims; you changed your name to 40 50 Media and tried to distance yourself from your fraudulent and defunct company Tricyle Media hence why you didn't mention its name on your new website i.e.

the "about us/our history" page. These are all facts. There is nothing slanderous here. Lol!

I only stated the facts with evidence to back them up. You only stated lies with no evidence to support your delusional claims. I am so glad you replied to this post. Now people will see the business man you are.

I only gave you the rope. I didn't hang you.

You hanged yourself. Lol!

@Esaw Cnp

By the way, the asterisk (*) is -c-on (meaning extortion). Something else came to my mind after reading Alan's post again.

I think the supposed company Alan is referring to is his defunct company Tricycle Media Limited. Yes, that company that was closed down for fraudulent activities is the "well know and trusted company" according to Alan (the founder). You see how delusional some people are? Lol!

I didn't extort money from your company Alan. I sent you a letter threatening to take you to court as you have taken my money and failed to provide the service I paid for. I then sent you another letter asking a full refund on with a deadline and to charge daily interest including additional cost you have caused me to incur thanks to your fraudulent activities. In the end, I decided to just let this go because you are not worth it.

I didn't get any money from you. You on the other hand took my money and failed to deliver a service you were contracted to do. All this is in my initial post - see link above. I will not waste any more time on you.

Tricycle Media is a "well know and trusted company"?

Please don't make me laugh. How delusional!

@Esaw Cnp

I have just seen the link in the Daily Observer. It is actually stored in their archive (see link below).

That person is not even me. Lol. Do you know how common the name and surname Tamsir and Joof is? I was taken back when Alan said that said that I posted on that paper.

I know I don't read that paper and have never participated in their forum so was somewhat shocked and had to dig deeper to find out what is Alan going on about. Here the actual link to that person's post: http://archive.observer.gm/europe/united-kingdom/article/2008/2/8/re-uk-visa-reject

Alan, this name is very common and it also shows your desperation to try to dig out dirt on me in order to seek revenge. Sadly you got the wrong Tamsir Joof. Lol.

Further, that is not my style of writing as evident in all my post here.

You see what desperation does to you? Lol!

@Esaw Cnp

I have never posted on Daily Observer's forum nor do I read that paper, so I was quite intrigued when Alan made the false accusation above and provided a link that does not work. After thorough digging, I have managed to locate the article see link below.

The article is actually buried in Daily Observer's archive not the bad link provided by Alan. Poor Alan! That person is not even me. The name Tamsir and the surname Joof are very common and if one looks at the writing style of that person in comparison to mine on Pissed Consumers, you will notice that they are quite different from each other.

For start, I never ever write sentences in capital letters. Wouldn't do it even if you pay me. Too unnecessary. It is also quite unbusiness-like.

Alan, in your desperation to try to seek revenge you actually took somebody else's post on Daily Observer and passed them off as mine. I bet you were so excited when you saw that post thinking you can come back at me with that. However, you lack attention to detail. You know or should know my style of writing after our email correspondences and my threads here on Pissed Consumers.

You should have spotted the different styles of writing. Another important fact :you failed to realise that this name is very common. It is as common as "Steve Jones". Lol!

How desperate you are. If I wrote that, I would have no problem saying I wrote it. It would make no difference to me whatsoever. Unfortunately for you, I didn't wrote it and if you were clever enough, a little bit of research should have solved that and saved you the time and effort.

The fact still remains, your company has scammed lots of people as attested to by your victims here on Pissed Consumers.

For anyone else interested in the article Alan was referring to, here is the actually link: http://archive.observer.gm/europe/united-kingdom/article/2008/2/8/re-uk-visa-reject

Poor Alan! I bet you were so excited when you found that.

Try harder. Bless!

View more comments (8)
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article