• show-popup

Shares 0

World Recovery Services -bunch of Idiots!!!

• by   Aug 29, 2011
  • 65 comments
  • Review #: 258493
Company World Recovery Services
Location Greenville, South Carolina
Category Collection Agencies
Views 914

The dumb *** @ World Recovery Services : 1-877-365-0025 & 877-447-6411
those *** incompetent idiots keep calling my telephone# asking for an alexander bowen who doe not own my telephone #.Leaving a msg for me to waste my time & breath to tell them that I have no knowledge of who that person is & leave rude msg's in my voice mail box expect me to help them incompetent ***'s out?

Not.

They need to cease calling my # as the Federal Trade commission need to look into their illegal practices of calling individuals & wasting my time to help them find a non existent person at my number. 2d5b781

Comments (65) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 65 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Apr 01  from Houston, Texas
So disgusted by this company!!!! All I was trying to do was get more information for my husband because he did not remember the acct. Not only did they refuse to send me the acct info, which by law they have to if I request it, they hung up on me numerous times. An refused to let me speak with a supervisor. We have no problem paying the acct we just wanted to make sure that it was his. They just kept yelling it was a refusal to pay and hung up. Very rude, unprofessional, and a bunch of no class idiots! :(
Reply to Jenn

Feb 13  from Denver, Colorado
I am Alexander Bowen. My number is 916-730-3335. Have them give me a call. I was googling my name and this popped up. I do have some old debts , but I thought they forgot about them.
Reply to Alexander Bowen

Feb 13
This company called me and immediately asked what prevented me from paying my debts - without telling me who they were, what the debt was for or how much the debt was for. Once they gave me info on the debt I informed that I never had an account w/ the said company. The woman on the phone grew nasty and made several smart remarks. I asked that they send me something in writing and I would pay upon receipt of that. She then went on a tangent about how they already have mailed things many times- they dates she gave were from 5 years ago! I confirmed my address and asked them to mail again and stated w/ all of the identity theft going on I thought this was fair. She then replied "I already have all of your information wouldn't that be *** for me to call you?" At that point I asked for a manager. He was even worse. Literally screaming at me. Saying things like " I demand that you listen." "Now what you are going to do is shut up and listen to me!" Who talks to someone this way? It was completely ridiculous. I called the Attorney General & Federal Trade Commission and filed a complaint.
Reply to I pay my bills

Jan 30
World recovery Systems is 100% a scam. World recovery have contact me in reference to a debt that is not mines also. I have contact the original credit and they example: My balance as of 1999 is zero and owe them no money; and the debt is not on my credit file. This morning was called again by world recovery (after blocking all their other numbers) in reference to the same debt. The representative was very rude and before she hung up on me....her reply was *** you madam! Called back to complain and not call me again. I have A-1 credit. World Recovery close...sound like a group of *** artist trying to get money out of people!
Reply to Stop calling me GA

Dec 24, 2013
World recovery Systems is 100% a scam to get your SSN and see if you will pay them. They need to be stopped.
Reply to Lefteye

Nov 26, 2013
These *** have been calling my number for 6 months straight. Each time I till them that whomever they are looking for does not live at this address. I wonder how they got my info as I have had the same number for 20yrs. Any ideas on how I can make them go away?

Oct 23, 2013  from Kissimmee, Florida
World recovery service is just as bad to debtors as they are to their employees don't feel bad
Reply to Wrs sucks

Nov 21, 2013  from Sanford, Florida
totally correct!!! :upset
Reply to tasha

Sep 23, 2013
THEY KEEP CALLING ME TOO THEY WONT LEAVE ME ALONE

Aug 31, 2013
And we do send out documentations to the debtors... Most accs are from 2006-2009, maybe you moved and we sent the documentation to the wrong address.. Maybe when we call you should update your address so you can resend the documentations. I'm sure when the acc was charged off the bank you were affiliated with sent you the documentation also.

Feb 17
Once an account is charged off , that means that the original lender has given up and will write the debt off as a business loss on their tax return for the year. *** bag companies like yours buy these old charged off "accounts" for pennies on the dollar. Then you contact the debtor who never agreed to pay your company. You have no documentation to prove that they owe you a dime. To all those reading this I am not advocating you not paying your debt but if it at this point where it's charged off Never pay a debt collector. Force them to validate the debt. Never give them any financial info and even if they have your account info , they will never have the original documentation you signed with the original lender. They know this and if they take you to court, SHOW UP. They have no legal ground to stand on. The judge with throw it out of court so fast their heads will be spinning.
Good Luck
Reply to Law Review

Aug 31, 2013
I work at WRS and I can assure you it's not a scam. There are some idiots in the office who rather get to the next call than to document people's accounts correctly. It's an auto-dailer and it's on to the next person. The accounts are pending in checking systems with a red flag on your social. If you ask the rep to give you the number to check systems to find out about your account, you'll find out everything you need to know about your account. If you go to your recent bank, the teller won't know about the recent debt. Ask to speak to a branch manager and you'll find out. It's mandatory for us to verify the last four digits to your ssn, so we won't give people false info, or anyone your info. We have your whole ssn on file, your address, number, acc #s... Everything you gave to a bank to open the acc we have the same info. When you open a bank acc in the fine lines it states of you deny to resolve your bank acc frm overdrafts, they can throw fees and interest into the acc.. Then sell it to an collection agency (WRS) and the cmpy can throw interest and interest will just be building until you #1 pay for the debt, #2 hire someone to take care of the matter, etc. and the law states we can call once a day, everyday. If someone manually calls you and the auto dailer calls you also we have no control of it. We don't get paid off of commission, so you not paying your debt because you think we're getting anything out of it is nonsense. I'll get paid regardless if you pay or don't... Show more

Sep 12, 2013
Just to inform people. Once something goes to collections it has already hit your credit score and paying it off does not make you score any better. once it's there it's there. So for you at WRS to say this will help the credit score any is a lie. You are trash and need to do something good in your life and not just suck off of people. I'm sure your mother is proud.
Reply to Mr. Smith

Jan 30
I went directly to the creditor/local branch manager and they verified my account was paid in full. I have asked WRS to stop calling me about a closed account in the late 1990s early 2000s. This morning was rudely hung up and before the hang up...her reply was *** you madam. I'm consulting with a lawyer on this one! Don't call me again....
Reply to stop calling me

Feb 17
The problem with companies like your is you don't have legal grounds to collect any of the charged off debt. No documentation that the debtor ever signed a contract with your company means no collection of any monies....
Reply to Law Review

Jun 11, 2013  from Mission, Kansas
Hey i work there and we have NO illegal activity sir :) unless u send a letter telling us to stop calling or pay off the account we can call as many times as we would like
Reply to LALA

Jul 19, 2013  from Mesquite, Texas
Well that's funny because y'all have called me too for some unknown person and the message says I can have the number removed by calling and having my number deleted it don't say *** about a letter... I agree y'all need to quit calling for random people and work harder to find the people you need. Get it together morons!
Reply to T

Jul 24, 2013  from Beaumont, Texas
WOW. Did they train you on the LAWS of collection at all? The law states that you must receive a WRITTEN notice from the debt collector stating what you owe, why you owe it, what the principal balance is and any fees/interest you have accrued because of it. Just because you call doesn't mean we are required to pay, and when you bully the consumer, you are committing an illegal act.

And FURTHERMORE, if the caller tells you to stop calling them at a particular number (IE your place of business), you are required to document that and STOP calling that phone number.

You are ignorant, and now I understand (a little) why everyone who calls from collections is a *** ***.
Reply to Kelsey

Nov 21, 2013  from Sanford, Florida
kelsey,not all of us are bad. We are told to be nasty. I am not that way. Sometimes you have to take a job because there is nothing else out there. So, don't blame us all. We are just paying our bills. If everyone did, we would be out of business and that would be good for everyone, not to mention the economy. Laws do vary (as does how long a debt stays on your credit report) state to state. They are not suppose to bully. when you tell them to stop calling, they are suppose to remove your #. Next time, first ask for their name and ext (as if you're going to call back) then file a complaint with your local agency. There are a TON of lawsuits on this company.
Again, please don't blame everyone who calls from a collection agency as ##$$@! Bottom line is, if you owe it, pay it, if not, clear the matter up. Good luck
Reply to anonymous

Read next World Recovery Services complaint

Calling for someone other than me!

These idiots are trying to collect a debt from someone whose whereabouts I don't know!He is not...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about World Recovery Services.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug