• show-popup

Product / Service Bank Account
Location Maryland Line, Maryland
Category Banks
Views 137

Had been off work due to injury on my job been receiving work men comp open the account there to save money from going to check cashing places well after about two months of cashing checks there I received a large check from a settlement from workers comp insurance company deposited the check thinking funds would be held for 48-72 hours which is normal for banks to do these people put my check on hold for 11 business days which is actually 15 days the insurance company called there branch and verified the check it was cleared through there bank they told workers comp that it was up to a branch manager to release funds on the check what bank gives a branch manager the authority to release my funds there customer service is the worst of any company that I have ever dealt with if you don't have to do not open an account with this company first you have to pay 15.00 for a bank card that should be free they have hidden monthly fees just plain ripoff period soon as my funds released I'm closing account 2e76d12

Comments (2) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Sep 26, 2013
My Mom had a similar problem. I wrote her a $5K check and WoodForest held it for 10 days, even though my bank cleared it the next day.
Reply to Anonymous

Jun 05, 2013
At Woodforest, we take every concern seriously and make every effort to resolve issues promptly. If you would please send me your contact information, we would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you. If you prefer, please contact our Customer Care department at 1-888-224-0132. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
Reply to Woodforest National Bank

Read next Woodforest National Bank complaint

My Woodforest bank not closing a right time

I was going to to to the bank Saturday to cash a check and i looked on Google and it said my bank ho...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Woodforest National Bank.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug