• show-popup

Location Mandeville, Louisiana
Category Installers
Views 1510
Monetary Loss

advertise for a 189.00 window, but when the sales reps come to home, nothing is 189.00... a d g dd d d e r f g f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f 300fad7

Comments (44) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 44 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Apr 09  from Elkhart, Indiana
You are right 189.00 a Big lie ....12 windows for a ranch style house $ 6,956.00. What Washington math 12 x 189.00 = $ 6,456.00
Reply to no more BS

Apr 10
What did you add on - we had basic white windows put in for less than 400 each and no one came in less. It seems you are upgrading the basic window.
We love our windows
Honesty and Integrity
Reply to Honesty and Integrity

Mar 07, 2013  from Christiansburg, Virginia
Had an estimate today because i saw the advertisement of Any Window, any size $189 on their tv advertisement. Fr one replacement bedroom window, normal size, $387. Despite me telling them I would dispose of my own window (father-in-law recycles them), they still wanted to charge me $115 for that. Fir three windows and a door, they estimated th cost at $7525. REALLY? I can go to Lowe's and do the same job with the same materials for under $1500. Their tv ad is clearly false advertising because they say $189 installed. $387 is not $189.
Reply to Not dealing with Window World

Nov 04, 2012
for Robin......."Phone Book?" Progressive companies watching the bottom line in very competitive markets just do not advertise in the phone book anymore-the return on investment is next to $0.00. Have your son or daughter make a Christmas tree out of it like we did when we were young. Then recycle it.
A quality vinyl replacement window from a reputable company should cost you about $800 per window on average. This would have low e glass, and standard trim molding on the interior with complete installation, tax, and permits if required.
Reply to Wow, the compaints!

Nov 04, 2012
Sorry to say but a Headline of "Any Window $189.00" is just not realistic. When reading these headline offers you really need to think about what the saying your long past relatives told you. "WHAT THE BIG PRINT GIVETH THE SMALL PRINT TAKETH AWAY," IF IT SOUND TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY IS."

So come on...Please $189.00 for a replacement window....REALLY. What about quality, warranty, who is going to install this and then come back when it leaks destroying your Pergo floor which needs to be totally replaced because when the water penetrated backing and the boards just warped and popped up.

And please do not try to do it yourself, it seems easy but if you do it wrong, there again it will leak. I haven't even talked about measuring and ordering the window and getting it correct. I have had employees mess that up more than I care to admit.
Reply to High Volume Replamnet Window C

Jul 03, 2012
Like others, saw the "$189 ANY window installed" deal. Estimator came out yesterday and said the total for four windows would be over $1300. False advertising.
Reply to C

Mar 14, 2013  from Saint Paul, Minnesota
You should read the add $189 any white Double hung window - note you have to pay for extras just like any thing low-e, argon,brick mold wrap

You should look at the whole ad before making a false statements your self :grin
Reply to Slate

Jun 08, 2012
I did the same thing about a year ago. There was a sagging floor unaednerth and rotten wood. The total bill was around $1100 if I remember correctly. That the door, materials, and 2 days of labor for two guys. You could probably have it done for $800 with a mid quality door. That's $800 per door, but you could probably negotiate a better price since you are doing 3.
Reply to Jabu

May 15, 2012
THE SALES RESPRESENTATIVE WAS LARRY GOODWIN,HE IS SO FRIENDLY AND EXPLAIN ALL PERFECTLY..THANK YOU SO MUCH.I BE READY FOR MY WINDOW IN A MONTH
Reply to MARIBEL TORRES

May 15, 2012
si estan las ventanas a 189.00 *** la montura,yo escoji unas de mejor calidad,solo me preocupa lo que cobran si las ventanas tienen plomo..son muy amables,todo lo explican perfectamente y creo en su honestidad,inclusive el senor que vino,vio algo en mi casa y me dio un consejo,que puede sarvar la vida de cada uno de nosotros,grasias pronto pondre todas mis ventanas *** ellos..
Reply to maribel torres

Nov 10, 2011
The $189 is a good value for a rental property or very low income housing. LoE/Argon is a must and every window should have for energy efficiencies. This is extra like everything else. This is a volume driven company w/ scary installers with a window that statistically does not perform compared to other windows. A successful window company cannot sell a window w/everything for under $450 if you want them to survive long term and be able to service you 10+years from now. Same price $189 for 17 years? Not that ***. Are you?
Reply to Extensive Researcher

Nov 02, 2011
This company is dishonest and advertises falsely. The $189.00 advertisement is bull. It has been exactly 73 days and still no windows and no correspondence. They aren't even listed in the phone book. I had to look their number on google. ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD
Reply to Robin

Oct 26, 2011
Compared to the quality of more expensive windows, you won't get much for $189. However, if the installation is decent and they don't fail right away, they'll probably seem like a huge improvement over the windows you replace. If you plan to stay in your home for more than 5-10 years, though, the quality will become a much greater issue. Saving now and having to replace again in 10-15 years doesn't make for much of a bargain.
Reply to Window Man

Oct 22, 2011
window world came out and quoted $2645 for 8 replacement windows. this is the 189.00 window. 189.00 x 7 = 913.00, add one size window only comes in higher grade + 235.00. then add $600.00 "prep to code trim kits?"(is this not installation?), +130.00 "mull to form Multi-unit" existing windows (installation?), +2 obscure glass (option I wanted),=100.00 setup & disposal fee (installation?), 179.00 permits & fees. the total order should have been by his quote = $2235.00. where'd he get 2645 from? If you include installation as they advertise -- my cost should have been $1535.00. I would pay for the permit, windows, obscure glass. What "includes installation" mean to you? I would save $1110.00 if it was how they advertise!!!!
*** prob do it myself now ** And I was given "special pricing" with a 4 day deadline to decide because I was a satisfied PAST customer in another state-8 years ago !!!!!
Just makes you think --- wouldn't you agree?!!!
Reply to kat

Sep 12, 2011
Bought 10 windows in Nov. 2010. Installers were great and most importantly the windows are great. No fogged panes, no air leaks and no calls for service and a reduction in my heat and electric bills. Price was as agreed. I did pay more for a higher grade window, that would permit me to take the tax deduction in 2010. Very pleased and surprised at these negative comments. It must be at the local level where the problems exist and I live in Texas!
Reply to Fred

Aug 10, 2011
I was not planning on getting new windows, but did want a price, they came out 2 weeks ago, we could have ordered the 189 windows ( yes installed) but we did want to go to a higher grade, ours were around 2700 for 10 windows, installed,
loved them, and the work they did
Reply to kay

Jul 28, 2011
I've seen ads both in print and on TV regarding the $189 installed replacement window, but when I called the Fairmont, West Virginia Window World store today, I was told they have no $189 window, but do have one for $200, plus a $175 fee for measuring and disposal. What's up with the false advertising??
Reply to Walt

May 21, 2011
Glad I checked out this website and your reviews. Can't imagine they will be in business for too long. I was planning to call WW for replacing 20 windows. I will take my business someplace else now. Looks like a sleazy operation.

Thanks for all your comments.
Reply to Cautious

Dec 14, 2010
CHRIS, I HATE TO SAY THAT WHAT YOUY SAIS IS NOT COMMON SENCE, WINDOW WORLD SALESMAN OFFER 189.00 FOR WINDOW AND INSTALL , INSTALL MEANS INSTALL, DO YOU BUY SHOES WITH OUT LACES, A BURGER WITHOUT BREAD, A HOUSE WITH OUT THE ROOF? THERE ARE A TON OF CUSTOMERS THAT HAVE BEEN MISLEAD BY SALESMEN, SO COMMOND SENCE IS NOT THE ISSUE HERE, WHT WAS SAID IN THE ADVERSMENT AND AT THE TABLE IS.
Reply to LOUIS

Oct 02, 2010
I replaced 7 windows from window world about 8 years ago all are great NO PROBLEMS
all these lies are spread by their competitors who cannot or do not want to sell windows at such a low price
Reply to there are no lies about window

Read next Window World complaint

Window World Two most non professional workers

I had 5 windows installed.I would say that they turned out good however they seemed to rush through...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Window World.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug