• show-popup

Company Vivo
Location Wilmington, Delaware
Category Cosmetics and Toiletries
Views 1029

I was in Las Vegas in the fancy Ceasers Palace mall where I was approached by a man working at a stand selling DSC Dead Sea Mineral products.He did a demonstration and the product actually seemed to make a difference.

He told me that they were having a promo special for a $400 kit that has that included 3 products and proceeded to show me on his iphone what it "supposedly" regularly costs over $1,000. I bought into this scam hook line and sinker.

When I got back home I did ome reserach and found that this is a big fat scamaroo.Please do not be the next sucker to fall for this deal!!!!!! 2f20ab6

Comments (31) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 31 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Apr 09
Tried some of the product that my daughter paid a lot for. It put slivers or splinters in my cheeks. I finally got them out. The stuff gelled up and you couldn't use it. It was like a jelly ball. She paid over $200.00 dollars for it and we had to throw it away. Don't be tricked!!

Mar 25
Hi every body,
I used to have big problems with dead sea products, but am getting in better shape now. Here's a good site I found that really helped. It gave me great methods,and showed me what I was doing wrong before...there's even lots of free articles on the site...http://deadseaproductstore.com
Reply to reta

Dec 06, 2013
How does Dead Sea products Help My Skin?Does it works for everyone?Does it worth the price? Is It the same products with ( http://deadseaproductstore.com )?
please send me more details a bout dead sea products.
Regards.
Jolia?
Reply to Jolia

Nov 18, 2013
the exact same thing happen to me in a New Brunswick Canada mall. I was with Biotherm for 13 years and very satsfied but this guy was so convincing and you know the rest...just like that woman in Las vagas.Pure scam and worth not even a penny!
Reply to mimi

Nov 17, 2013  from Council Bluffs, Iowa
same sort of setup in the mall at council bliffs, ia. the guy presented a sheet showing how expensive it was..175$+ for each of the creams. I only had 100 on me so he pulls me aside and says before his partner gets back, hes gonna cut me a deal on the ones he cant sell with ripped packages, gets me one cream, and enough samples to equal out to the secondary crème, and even tosses in a couple of the soap bars. tells me I cant tell people the deal he gave me, he even charged the taxes on it, but pocketed the money. he never had change on him, and said since it was such a good deal, I shouldn't worry abou the other 3 dollars and change. I asked him why he added taxes, and he still had the balls to say "oh that tax is because of Obama."
Reply to scammed

Nov 16, 2013
I, too ,believe I have been scammed, I should have done the same thing... do my own research. I spent more than I should. I will not be buying their stuff from them again. I have been ripped off and feel like ***! No wonder I didn't feel good after I got home after spending that much money into it! :sigh :(
Lesson learned! : :upset I am very very upset by how people can be like that. :sigh It breaks my heart, but at the same time.. I am pissed now that I know how much they really do cost!
Reply to peekaboo

Nov 13, 2013
I was also approached mad trying to not be rude I let him do his presentation. I ended up getting suckered into the manicure kit which started out at 75$ and ended up at 25$. He then tried to sell me some sort of exfoliant for my face which was 35$ - ultimately I said no but it worked pretty amazing and I'd love to try it !

Nov 03, 2013
Was approached in Las Vegas also and they wanted about 175 for peel, day moisture and night cream, said I would think about it and he made a comment and I stated that he did. It know me and if I said I would think about it I would, he then went down to 29.95 for peel and handed me a while bunch of day cream and of course I bought...love the product..Got home and ordered from amazon and it cost me 39.95 for peel, day moisture and night cream and an eye serum also, peel only 8.50..when first introduced to this stuff my cousin had gone to Las Vegas and bought some for about 175 and used on me so I already knew what it was....and loved it but was not paying that price for it, 29.95 , good deal from whTbhe was asking and a hand ful of moisture....but Amazon, great deal, went to some other web sites and they are wanting any where from 29.95 to 65 for peel depending on who you go through......they know if your at Las Vegas you must have money, right, I did but was not going to be scammed....love the product though , sales man real pushy but hey trying to make a buck, :p
Reply to Debbie

Oct 18, 2013
All I have to say, was it a *** non american S.O.B? Yes!
I found the very same product on amazon for 19 bucks. I spent $ 177.55
Yes I got scamed didnt realize it till I came home a did my research also I even tired
Retuning it they would not return my money back. Talk about scaming people and making off with there money. Now my bank is involved. They wont get away with this! And for people who say oh its just 177 dollers NO! I worked my *** off and sweat the crack of my *** for it, they will not make off with that money. Lesson learned this is the first and last time this will ever *** happen to me, sorry about inapropriate language but this is infuriating to me! :(
Reply to One pissed of consumer

Oct 13, 2013  from Norwalk, Connecticut
Call your credit card company and report that you have been scammed. It is a terrible thing to do to people. B
Reply to Pissed off Mom

Aug 22, 2013  from New York City, New York
I was also approached by a guy at my mall in Long Island he gave me the demonstration and I really liked the product and he told me it costs 145$ I told him I couldn't afford that at the moment and started walking away and he called me back over and brought me to his computer and pulled up a website that said the regular cost of the product is 145$ but he changed the number and wrote in 25$ and said not to tell anyone and that I was getting such a great deal.
Reply to Samara

Jun 29, 2013  from Houston, Texas
I bought three items from a Dead Sea products kiosk in Waikiki all three for $85 and they work amazingly well my skin looks and feels healthier. The facial peeling is amazing as well as the exfoliating sea salt and mud soap. I was fortunate to have bought the real deal there are many that sell imitations.
Reply to MayC

Oct 05, 2013
I bought 4 items plus mud soap and I love all of the items I paid
160.00 in Waikiki in April and I love the soap
Reply to shirl

Mar 27, 2013  from Lake Charles, Louisiana
ugh! i do love the products. i just feel so *** :p i should have done my research fist
Reply to clarabell

Mar 10, 2013  from Los Angeles, California
Lol i was in a shopping mall in Cali today and was dragged to he demo counter. He told me two products for $79. What a great deal he says. When i tell him i cant he goes to his computer to 'see what he can do' and offered to give them both to me for $49. I still said no. Then he says the owner is on 'vacation' he'll to both for $29. I still said no and when i did he snached the items from my hand. Rude. In my opinion if its not worth $79 then its not worth $29. Not to me tion my hands were dry 30 min later. Fail

Feb 20, 2013  from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Same thing just happened to me the past week in Vegas. When I told them I couldn't afford $400 face cream the condescending young sales woman actually said "awww. I feel bad for you"
Reply to Pj

Jan 27, 2013  from Tulsa, Oklahoma
Come on folks! When you go into the mall and buy from a side store, what do you really expect? I mean seriously... There are shops for knock off jewelry, hair care, phone accessories, belts, purses, etc. So really, if you think you were getting a good deal maybe you shouldn't be shopping there.. and if you can't afford the cost of the purchase then DON'T BUY IT! I purchased several Vivo products (5 total) spending $200 and am very pleased with what I bought. I also sat down for the demonstration knowing what I was getting into. I guess my point is this, BUY SMART. Happy shopping! ,)
Reply to Happy Shopper!

Jul 10, 2013  from Gotham, Wisconsin
But look up how much the products really are, or how cheap you can get them on Amazon/Ebay.
Reply to Sarah

Jan 13, 2013  from Riverside, California
Sales person tried to sucker me into paying $500 for 2 products. I told her No Way-- I got 4 products with cream, mask, eye serum and cream for $250. I agree I should have gone online first to check prices.
Reply to cindy

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Vivo.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug