• show-popup

Company Vesta Go phone
Location Little Rock, Arkansas
Category Cellular Phone
Views 417

My daughters received go phones for emergencies after my husband passed away.We put money on the phones as needed, but because they- Vesta screwed up I am being charged 4 times what I should be.

They went into my bank account and took out for 4 times what they should have. Then when I ttry to call I either get run around and transfered back and forth to some body that doesn't know what the *** they're talking about.

I just want to say I am a widow now for three months, & these phones were supppose to be for emergencies with my daughters, living on social security, I can't afford to have dim wits making costly mistakes, & me having to pay for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2e830f4

Comments (23) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 23 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jul 11, 2011
new update nvm mind me being mad at them a girl I work with stole my idenity apparently.
Reply to Tamara

Jul 11, 2011
I do no have a go phone and have never had a go phone and I am being charged by vesta AT&T on my bank account! I have been on the phone for way over 3 hours and have been passed around I dont know how many times and just got someone that knows what the *** they are talking about! Ive been hung up on twice and spent most the time on hold. Originally they told me they couldnt help me unless I had my account number for the account I dont have! Now I have transfered to fraud or somewhere. This is complete BS!!!!
Reply to Tamara

Feb 10, 2011
:( Vesta employee...NO your wrong they triple charged my account and there was never any payment denied!Also...they do not have anything in the terms and conditions about pre-authourized charges" and why 3-times the original amount are you kidding me? Thats called stealing!
Reply to dromano1166

Apr 11, 2010
I have used this technique to great success to battle big business that has tried to screw me out of money.

1. Get the address of their legal dept. (call customer service but do not discuss why you want it - remember they have failed to help you by now)

2. Write a letter with the heading "notice before lawsuit" explaining all the problems you have encountered, be specific. Explain that you would rather have a judge make a decision on your complaint.

3. Give them 14 days to respond and correct the problem explaining that you will file the lawsuit in small claims court on the 15th day if you receive no response or they refuse to satisfy your demand.

4. Mail the letter certified with proof of delivery.

They know it is very simple for you to file and go to small claims court but it would be expensive for them to send someone to represent them. Is this a bluff on your part? Sort of. You really don't want to file although you can do it very inexpensively. You simply want your money back or whatever your situation is. Do they want to call your bluff? Probably not and this why I have done this several times and ALWAYS SUCCEEDED!

Remember, this will work only if you have a valid complaint and you have truly been treated unfair by the company.

Should they still refuse, go ahead with your lawsuit. Check the web for easy tips to win in small claims court. GOOD LUCK.
... Show more
Reply to sonebezi

Apr 11, 2010

4. Mail the letter certified with proof of delivery.

Reply to HOW TO WIN!

Dec 04, 2009
Let's see, if the process all these phone co payments and say it's 25 million people and they add false billing charges of $25- $100 and multiple times on some, how much money is this in their pockets? Another large co who praise themselves in public and in their employee manual when their motto really is "treat the customer and employee like *** and take all you can take." Brilliant business model.

Dec 03, 2009
What do you say I file for a class action status law suit?

Dec 03, 2009
I cancelled the auto bill to my cc plan and now I pay directly to an atm like machine at an AT&T store. There, you save the 2.56 taxes on each $25 payment which adds up every 3 months on our 2 phones used just for emergencies. Now, I an going through a year's credit card statements and they charged me $27.56 once AFTER I cancelled the auto plan. AND on pay as you go online, it shows my two $25 payments and time credits at the AT&T store, BUT NOT the $27.56 charge near the same date! So this is clearly fraud and a charge without approval or service. They should go to jail for this as anyone else would be charged with a crime.

1) go to vesta 2) go to my cc co and file a chargeback 3) go to my state's attorney general 4) go to the investigative news outlets 5) go to church and pray. This is the new AT&T rebuilt after the old one was broken up, beautiful.

Nov 03, 2009
Vesta processes millions of prepaid recharge payments each month on behalf of telecom companies and their customers. We continually monitor orders for unauthorized or fraudulent use of payment devices, and actively work with customers to resolve any issues or disputes promptly and fairly. This is evidenced by our “A” rating by the Better Business Bureau.

If you have questions regarding a charge from Vesta on your credit card bill or bank statement, email ecustomersupport@trustvesta.com
or call toll free 888-440-9956. A representative will be glad to assist you
Reply to Vesta Corporation Response

Oct 17, 2009
Hi I am filing a report with the Texas Attorney General's Office right now. I am so made they charged my account 6 times in 3 days and I didn't authorize any of them.
Reply to Mandy

Sep 24, 2009

or call toll free 888-440-9956. A representative will be glad to assist you.
Reply to Vesta Corporation Response

Aug 31, 2009
To the VESTA employees. In my opinion, you are full of BS. I read your fine print, checked the box that said one-time payment AND called an AT&T rep. who assured me that I would not be charged the monthly fee for the phone I helped my son purchase. I have been billed for his PAY-AS-YOU-GO phone from January through August, 2009. (I have another son with a pay-as-you-go program - he really only pays as he goes - monthly charges are not a pay-as-you-go plan.) This company knows the law well, and is using it against it's customers. It's called offending behavior. Offending in the sense that they don't care how their behavior hurts you!
Reply to sjml

Sep 09, 2008
I just have 3 words for the people that registered for prepaid At&t accounts.
Terms and conditions. Don't sign up for a service or yet allone register for a auto payment without knowing what you are registering for. Every week I get some *** that is wanting to know att/vesta billed their act automatically. Well, let me see the plan clearly states payments can only be made a mayor credit debit or checking act because the pick your plan REQUIRES a auto debit. Also At&t clearly states that there is a no refund policy. Once you purchase the minutes they are non refundable. I don't think it takes a genius to figure that out. If you register for a service but don't readthe t&c that's your bad don't go crying and scratching your head on why At&t deducted money from your act or won't give you a refund.
Reply to Vesta employee

Aug 30, 2008
Do people really think Vesta deliberately sets out to steal people's money?

The extra charges on your account are either (A) authorization holds that were placed there by your bank when a transaction was denied or (B) the result of you being *** and not knowing what your actual charges were supposed to be.

The UNAUTHORIZED charges some of you are talking about are the result of somebody stealing your information and using it to make payments on their phones. This is not the fault of either Vesta or AT&T. Contact your bank to get the charges reversed, idiots.

And if you live on Social Security, don't use GoPhones. Their rates are atrocious.
Reply to Vesta employee

Aug 29, 2008
I have been overseas serving my country as well. I have been charged for over a year with vesta at & t. I am not with their company nor do I own a phone with at & t
Reply to Mae

Aug 21, 2008
I paid $50 on my GoPhone on June 20 and when I turned on my phone the other day, it told me I didn't go add more money. Credit statement in hand, I called GoPhone and when I give the computerized voice my code, Hal tells me that they have no record of the code (this is the same code they happily used to fill the phone back in June). They give this message three times and then Hal says goodbye and hangs up. A local AT&T store that sells GoPhones gave me a customer service (ha!) number but it's the same computerized line. I called AT&T and was told only the GoPhone folks can handle my call. She said she was transferring me to the direct number for wireless and I could get a live person there. Yeah, right. It's the same computerized line.

Does anyone have a phone number for GoPhone's so-called customer service where I can get a live person? Their Web site is useless.
Reply to Carol

Aug 11, 2008  from Fiumicino, Lazio
:( I haven't done any business with AT&T in over 8 years and I never gave them my credit card information(a card I got about 1 year ago) I got charged $55.00 five times in 4 days from VESTA. I called my credit card company and they reversed charges and cancelled that account. You would think if VESTA is misusing the credit card system this much the credit card companies would revoke their right to make charges.I got my money back because I used a credit card. If you are going to set auto payments or give out account information use a credit card, not a debit card and not a bank account. Credit cards have many more built in safety features and can recover you money much faster. A bank may not give you much or even any help recovering money that was falsely taken.
Reply to Rich M

Aug 06, 2008  from Phillip, New South Wales
I work for vesta and they are not the criminals. It is the people that steal your card information and call in claiming to be you. Every company has this and if the charges are fraudulent you will get reimbursed once the investigation is over. just be patient and as long as you treat us with courtesy will will assist you to the best of our ability. :)
Reply to vesta employee

Jul 28, 2008  from Eixample, Catalonia
:( I am actually an At&t customer and lo and behold this morning, i'm checking my account and find out that my account has been accessed and money taken out by VESTA AT&T MOBILITY not once but 3 times. I did not approve these transactions and when i call i get the run around. Well, i've report this to my bank's fraud department. They've lost a customer big time. :( :(
Reply to Mattie

Jun 20, 2008  from Berlin Heights, Ohio
I was charged $186.25 from AT&T Vesta and I don't even own a Go Phone or any account with AT&T.
Reply to Charged by Vesta and I don't h

Read next Vesta Go phone complaint

I am pissed off to!! Do NOT use this...

I had given my son a phone for emergancies, or when he needs to be picked up early...In addition, fo...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Vesta Go phone.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug