• show-popup

Product / Service Package Sending
Location Miami, Florida
Category Post
Views 432

I always take the cautious route when sending packages via USPS because I know they are notorious for not having the best service.I sent two packages out for Christmas, both at the same time, both going to the same address and I paid for what I thought was a tracking number.

Well, when one package was received and the other was no where to be found two days later... I entered my tracking number at the USPS website and found that the package had been misdelivered TWICE. That is all of the information that they provided for the service I paid for. I thought it would at least tell me where the package had last been so I could have an idea of where in the world it might be...

no such luck. Tracking is not tracking at USPS, they didn't even know the location of the package when I called customer service. She did tell me that both times the package was misdelivered, it was done so in Miami... where the package shipment ORIGINATED, nowhere near close to its final destination in Ohio.

Bottom line: Don't bother paying for the "Track & Confirm" if you want to be able to actually track your package. USPS doesn't even know where the package is at any given time.

All you get with "Track & Confirm" is delivery confirmation...which I could have gotten for free by calling my family member to ask if the package had arrived. 3028560

Comments (17) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jan 28
Usps is a joke, caused by blacks, how do i know? I used to work there, never seen such a mess before and after that!!!!
Reply to Anonymous

Dec 29, 2013

I sent a package priority mail with them, when I entered my zip code and the destinations zip code, the post-office told me two days.

It left CA on the 18th of December and disappeared for three days (great tracking USPS), arrived in the appropriate state CO on the 21st, then did not get delivered an hour away from sorting facility :( my package disappeared again For over a week (more great tracking service from USPS)

Today, the 29th, i get a tracking update, Package is now in MA!

And the post-office wonders why they are losing money and business.

It's because they fall short on providing proper service!
Reply to Unhappy customer

Dec 19, 2013
I must ask: Why would ANYONE sent ANYTHING through the USPS if they don't have to (that is, for anything other than first class mail, competition for delivery of which by other companies is prohibited by law)?

Bottom line: if you're shipping a parcel, important documents, or anything else of value and want to make sure that it actually reaches its destination, USE DHL, FEDEX, UPS, OR SOME OTHER COMMERCIAL SERVICE. Yes, these will cost more, but at least you know that your package will actually arrive at its intented destination, and in much less time than the incompetent USPS requires.

The USPS is a government bureaucracy that should have gone out of business decades ago. People need to stop enabling it in order to save a buck!
Reply to Shutdown_the_USPS

Dec 16, 2013
It took 7 days for my package(.5oz) to go fron Plainview ILL to Forrest Park ILL, WTF
Reply to the fish

Dec 01, 2013
USPS track and confirm is a complete waste of time!! I've had a shipment that left PA 4 days ago and that's my latest update. Did the truck break down, somebody rob it, driver out taking a leak, what's the deal???? I would gladly pay the extra couple bucks to use UPS and know exactly where my package is everyday.
Reply to PissedShipper99

Aug 21, 2013  from Thomasville, Georgia
USPS Track & Confirm for small parcels is a joke. It should read "Track and loose". Our company has had over 287 small parcels lost or signifigantly delayed (45-60 days) over the past 3 months. No one in the USPS knows where they are, and can not racak them with any certenty. You can enter the tracking number just to realize that either it never got scanned or that the last point it was was the last point it will ever be (lost). I have documenteed this loss with specific tracking numbers for over 300 small parcels. The USPS to date has cost me accounts and thousands of dollars in lsot and replaced parcels (items). Buying insureanec does not get you back dissatisfied customeee5rs and is very expensive. The USPS is doing nothing effective to find out where the parcels are being lost or delayed. I have an active OIG investigation with the inspector from the USPS but nothing is happening to resolve the problem or even identify where the problem is. I am now in contact with my Congressman Austin Scott in Georgia and am gaining Congressionl contacts to try and request a formal Congressional Investigation of the miss handling, tampering and or mis leading advertising claims of the USPS Track & Confirm program from Endicia. If you know of any other complaints regarding this subject please e-mail contact info to: dtil@rose.net.
Thanks.
A customer going out of business due to the USPS.
Reply to Art

Jun 11, 2013  from Savannah, Georgia
Unreliable USPS. Husband send package from BZE express to Hinesville because he needed it delivered within 3 days. It was a confidential document, wife waiting for it to travel back to BZE, payed a lot of money for it. It's been 10 days now. Called USPS, they only read to me what was on the tracking info on the internet which I had already known. Customer Service didn't have a clue where the package was or where it was going next. USPS SUCKS. I will never use them again Sorry.
Reply to pissed off consumer

Feb 28, 2013  from Portland, Oregon
I sent a package from Salem Oregon going to Portland (50 miles away) and the USPS tracking is USELESS! When I pay money to be able to track a package, I expect to be able to look it up. I called customer service and encountered two VERY RUDE agents, who were no help. One of whom would not tell me her ID #, then hung up on me. On the 3rd call, I had someone more helpful, and now have to wait up to 48 hours for someone to get back to me. NEVER AGAIN will I use the joke of USPS. I will send packages via UPS. I've always had good luck with UPS>
Reply to sue

Nov 04, 2012
USPS, Please don't offer us tracking if it doesn't work. You are just alienating the few people left that think the Post Office is OK. Of course, by the time you read this, that number will probably be 0.
Reply to Fred Garvin

Mar 08, 2012
Hey...listen up USPS ...since you are going broke. Have you noticed since the 1700s that there are now FAST FOOD restaurants, DRIVE THROUGH pharmacies, KIOSKS ????? Then why are there still 3 dozen people lined up at many USPS counters waiting to speak or deal with 1 or 2 agents who are COMPLETELY oblivious to any line of people whatsoever. In fact, they will stop and discuss the weather, their Grandma, let you look through 5 or 10 different books of stamps until you find the one that is the prettiest. The line of maddened people are just wall paper to USPS employees. It's beyond belief. But then USPS scratched their *** trying to figure out what will bring more people to them. Hey, I cringe with depression whenever I think about having to stand in a USPS line. This is the year 2012....not 1776 neandethal morons.
Reply to Get with the program USPS

Mar 08, 2012
I have had USPS lose at minimum 8-10 packages that are supposed to go from Portland OR to various towns in British Columbia. The tracking they assign to this mail is reportedly a "courtesy" to the customer. But the fact is it is meant only as a placebo. It means nothing, location at any time cannot be determined and once lost, USPS simply states "We are not aware of any delivery issues" and they suggest using a more expensive Express service they offer. USPS SUCKS COMPLETELY.
Reply to USPS first class mail is a bla

Oct 22, 2011
Track and Confirm with the USPS is indeed a JOKE! you can't even get information as to where your package is, even if it's a return to one of the shop at home networks. it shouldn't take over a week to send a package from N.C. to GA. by any means. you can't even get any information as to the where abouts of your package for days at a time. the U.S. postal service SUCKS and, it's not hard to understand why they are doing so bad. I WOULD RATHER USE THE SERVICES OF UPS OVER THE USPS ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. the service through the USPS is just not there anymore!
Reply to ArgentinaRose

Aug 31, 2011
How you like the USPS now???
O'Bama promised change...we got it...the Post Office is even worse!
Reply to Gotta get Better!

Aug 25, 2011
It is time to shut down the Postal Service and give the business to someone that can really carry the mail, ie: UPS. There are no government entities that can run more efficient than the private sector and at less cost to the consumer.
Reply to gunner

Dec 26, 2010
My Package was sent on the 19 of NOV by express mail (garanteed my###) and more than a Month later it is still showing receeived in columbus.....when the employees of usps take your item where do you complain...no one....usps dont give about you or your package and your expressh mail guranteee.. where is their ceo to run business right....
Reply to Stolen package by USPS

Dec 24, 2010
:sigh

I shipped sixty packages this November and December, ALL packages had verified addresses, and Post office address formatting, all had delivery tracking, All had acceptance scans by the post office, all had commercially prepared labels, which were taped completely down over the USPS packaging. 1 was lost completely, 4 more only show the acceptance scan, or a sort scan, and of those 4, none show arriving at the destination post office, even though priority mail . . 5 packages out of 60 lost or missing in action . .that is not 1 out of a few million, that is 5 out of 60 . . . terrible, a car company would be sued and fined and run out of business for that horrible of a record.
Reply to Larry

Read next USPS complaint

usps priority international not a priority

I am from Canada.I am expecting a package from Pennsauken, NJ, that was picked up by USPS Dec.17th a...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about USPS.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug