• show-popup

Location Rapid City, South Dakota
Category Post
Views 495
Monetary Loss

I had a package sent to me by priority mail and its been over a week and no package.USPS states there is no guarantee it will arrive in the two to three days I paid for.

So what is this an upgrade from parcel post with no concerns if the paying customer receives what they pay for or is it a way for the post office to raise some free extra funds?I mean really why up sell a customer on two to three day delivery if you offer no guarantee it will arrive as stated and no refunds. 308113d

Comments (36) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 36 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Nov 20, 2013
Just in case you never noticed Priority Mail costs the same as Parcel Post in most cases plus they supply free boxes which would cost you another $2 or so...So complaining about being up-sold is ridiculous.

I've used the USPS for the last 7 years to send over 2500 packages and 99% of them were indeed delivered within 3 days and ALL of them arrived within a week with not a single lost package in 7 YEARS !!! I realize that I may just be lucky as the system may have problems in your area but I only have praise for the service I have received in my area.
Reply to Um Ok

Oct 29, 2013  from Lone Tree, Colorado
I am always getting my neighbor's mail. Because the carrier sits on her two and a half lunch break, behind walmart! she can't be bothered to throw the mail individually into the bulk mail box by name, because of single point sorting, she just stuffs everything in one box and doesn't care. if it's wright or wrong, she still brags all the overtime she logs.
Reply to Mrkbnhm99

Mar 16, 2013
I paid $30 to ship six pieces of paper from North Florida to Los Angeles overnight (it's my gradaute school application and very important to me). This has a "money back guarantee" so I figured it would be fine. It was accepted at the post office at 8:15am but wasn't sorted until 11:15pm. Why it sat around for 15 hours is beyond me. It then left my town SOMETIME the following day, when it was "guaranteed" to be delivered by noon. This is the last time it was scanned. It's now 3 days later and I still have no idea where my application is.

I called yesterday to see what I can do to get my money back. I work in customer service and understand that the guy on the phone simply has the misfortune of working for USPS and had nothing to do with messing up my shipment. So I said hello and asked how he was doing and started to explain my situation. He immediately cut me off and was short and snippy for no reason, ultimately told me everything I already knew and said I needed to go to my local post office.

The worker at the post office told me I couldn't get my money back because I used a machine to purchase my postage rather than getting in line. I showed him where my receipt says it is guaranteed and he said he's "trained" to know that machines can't give that guarantee. He sent me to the "main office" where another worker said he was completely wrong and that I simply had to wait until the package was scanned for delivery. I asked what if it was lost
... Show more
Reply to Erica

Feb 08, 2013  from Newark, New Jersey
The tracking service on the USPS website claims that a delivery attempt was made this afternoon, that no one answered the door, and that they left a delivery notice. Given that I have been home all day (and have seen no tracks in the snow outside the door to my apartment) and that I cannot find a delivery notice anywhere on the premises (or in the neighboring buildings), I am forced to conclude that their delivery person is lying.
When I called to inform the company of this issue, I couldn't get out of their automated answering service which repeatedly tried to tell me that I wasn't home today and that there was a delivery notice.
There seems to be no accountability within the USPS.
Reply to False Delivery?

Feb 04, 2013  from Wichita, Kansas
Package arrived at Kansas City facility 5 working days ago. I live 4 hours from said facility and it has yet to show up. Even with "standard shipping" it has never taken more than 2 days to get here. Item shows it was checked into facility but was never processed out. Tracking/Delivery Confirmations were added at time of shipping, but "helpful" agent at USPS stated that "they DON'T have to track it every step of the way." Really? What's the point of having a tracking system if it's not being utilized or only being used halfway?
Reply to UnionSupportedPackageStealers

Jan 16, 2013  from Mount Laurel, New Jersey
They claimed to have tried to deliver my package, and left a notice. This was not true. I checked the tracking number again the next day, they claimed they delivered the package. This is why USPS is endanger of becoming exinct. Why use them if they can't do the job better than UPS or FedEX? They SUCK!
Reply to Irritated beyond belief.

Dec 28, 2012
I'm beginning to believe that USPS recruits their employees directly from successful parole board hearings. Perhaps, the acronym should represent Uneducated *** from the Penal System.

I NEVER receive packages that are sent to my home address.

In fact, just before the holiday, I conducted an experiment. On the same day, I ordered about 1/2 dozen separate items via Amazon. I arranged for all but one of them to be shipped to my work address; one I had shipped to my home address.

Guess what? I received EVERY package on Xmas eve . . . EXCEPT the one I had shipped to my home address. Today, I still have not received that package. When I checked Amazon's tracking details, the last recorded update was on 12/22, when the package "arrived" in Los Angeles (where I am located). There has been no update since. So, my package is just sitting at some USPS station since 12/22!

But DHL is even worse. Why? Because they tour your package around the world and, then, deliver it to . . . USPS!
Reply to Anonymous

Dec 15, 2012  from Bismarck, North Dakota
ordered my new phone and iv been waiting 7 days with priority mail what makes it worse is tracking said it was out for delivery for the last two days and today i check tracking information to find it says delivery attempt was made and notice is left however i was home all day and there is no delivery notice i tried to call customer service and was left on hold for 23 min what a joke i wish at&t shipped threw ups or FedEx because id have my phone now i have to wait till Monday and maybe it will be here
Reply to tacothief

Dec 03, 2012
USPS lost my package several times and NO refund from them. I've lost nearly $300 products. They should declare bankruptcy and SHUT IT DOWN!!
Reply to Quanta111

Nov 19, 2012
Ordered priority shipping from ebay and has been a week? What is the point of upgrading when its just as slow! I have never had 1 on time package with usps only envelopes. Pay more ship UPS or Fed Ex.
Reply to USPS sucks ass

Nov 10, 2012
Item shipped USPS Priority Mail Nov. 3rd from PA. As of Nov. 10th Item has yet to be delivered in CT. I understand Sandy caused delays, but this is ridiculous .

I've ordered items during this same time from CA and OH via Fed Ex and UPS receiveing them within 4 days.
Reply to wtf

Oct 26, 2012
I ordered something off eBay it was coming from New York I live in Ct which is the next state over I've been waiting 5 days and still nothing I could have walked there faster
Reply to Silvio

Oct 25, 2012
@anxiety pills please
So it was shipped on a Sunday and you expect it sooner Might want to think about that again.

7th - Sunday
8th - Columbus day

Mail wouldn't start going till the 9th, also if you got tracking info on the 7th that means a label was created on the 7th doesn't mean the shipper actually gave it to the post office.
Reply to Some1

Oct 24, 2012
It took USPS a WHOLE YEAR to deliver a package to me! What can I say? USPS SUCKS!!
Reply to Jenny

Oct 23, 2012
I ebay' bought an item on the first, it was shipped by the 7th.. usps (NY) received it on the 16th...this is Ohio.. Why in the world have I stayed awake every day waiting to sign for a package .. this is the 23rd. .. 7 days from NY... ?? Still didn't arrive.. anxiety-sleep deprivation- boiling rage!!! on everybody... I need a shrink now.....lol
Reply to anxiety pills please

Oct 15, 2012
Bought a item from nj to come to pa 350 miles it went from nj to missouri and than to pa,figure that out!
Reply to steve

Sep 11, 2012
Unfortunately the US mail is a bad way of sending or receiving anything. You are far better off sending or receiving things from UPS or FEDEX. I know there may be problems with either of those two but I have never had as much trouble with them as I've had with the US Postal service (USPS).
Reply to Anonymous Guy

Aug 22, 2012
i order an controller of eBay , so its shipping from lawrenceville Georgia witch is a 30-40 min drive from atlanta (where i live) and usps took five days to deliver
Reply to david

Aug 13, 2012
Why in the *** don't they just shut it down
They don't make any money NO *** they can do a simple job!
Oh it's the dogs or maybe it's RAIN or SNOW my ***
MAybe it's the UNION!
Reply to Pissed OFF

Jun 08, 2012
I was told by the supervisor at my branch that delivery confirmation - which I pay extra for - is a curtisy and they are not obligated to scan it if they dont feel like it.
Reply to anonymous

Read next USPS complaint

left item in front of door and someone stole it

When i called the company to asked why they would leave it without it being signed for.They told me...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about USPS.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug