• show-popup

Location Ohio, Illinois
Category Post
Views 47
Monetary Loss

I bought a vintage leather doctors bag from Ebay.The postman put the package at the doorstep and the dogs tore up the package.

Why didn't they just leave a notice that I had a package if it wouldn't fit in the box? This is the second time that this has happened. The first time was with books for my college class. The cost of those books were in the hundreds of dollars.

The item was priceless and now I've been on hold for 30 minutes to file a complaint and I would be willing to bet that there will be nothing done to resolve this problem. I also sent a package to my son - wooden bowls.

They arrived all broken even though they were packaged properly.It looked like a fork truck ran over the box! 3028dd3

Comments (3) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Dec 21, 2013
You must live in a slum if there are packs of wild dogs roaming the street tearing up packages. I suggest that you move to a better neighborhood.
Reply to Richard Johnson

Dec 10, 2013  from Seattle, Washington
You need a note on your door telling the postman that you have psychotic dogs. How is he supposed to know you have dogs that eat your packages? Leaving a package by a door is pretty standard protocol for shipping companies. :eek
Reply to Anonymous

Dec 07, 2013  from Auburn, Massachusetts
while i'm sorry for your loss how is it the usps fault that dogs tore the package up? were these neighbor dogs because if they were aren't there leash laws in most places? if they were and there are leash laws where you live i'd find out which dog it was and go after their owner for the costs. if they're your dogs why would they be able to rip up a package on your porch? is this where they have access to when they're outside?

i'm sorry but there's just not enough to this story to make it fully believeable.

as far as making purchases from ebay which I have yet to do. any online order I make I try to contact the seller directly first and find out how much more if possible it would cost to get a signature required drop off. I've been very lucky with this. even when they're shipped by USPS and not UPS or FEDEX.

again while I feel sorry for your loss of items if after the first package was destroyed as you say why would you NOT go the extra mile and insure the package or get a signature required drop off it's a little more hassle but more safe.
Reply to notgivingit

Read next USPS complaint

Home Improvement Project Delayed

I ordered a missing part for an under tile heating installation on 11/28/13 with 3-5 day delivery.It...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about USPS.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug