• show-popup

Product / Service Cell Phone Billing
Location Lincoln, Nebraska
Category Cellular Phone
Views 74

US CELLULAR IS NOT A GOOD COMPANY TO HAVE YOUR CELL PLAN WITH!!!!!!I'VE BEEN WITH THEM FOR SIX YEARS AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM.

I WENT ON VACATION IN AUGUST AND PAID FOR EXTRA TIME AND ROAMING MINUTES SO I WOULDN'T HAVE A HIGH CELL PHONE BILL. I ASKED THE SALES REP THREE TIMES IF MY PAYING THE EXTRA MONEY AND THEM ADDING THE ROAMING MINUTES THAT I PAID FOR ON MY PHONE WOULD MESS IT UP. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP SAID NO. HE CHECKED WITH HIS MANAGER TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING WAS OK.

HE SAID YES EVERYTHING IS GOOD TO GO. SO I WENT ON MY VACATION. I DIDN'T USE ALL OF THE EXTRA ROAMING MINUTES THAT I PAID FOR. I GOT A CREDIT IN AUGUST FOR $21.89.

I DIDN'T OWE ANYTHING ON MY BILL SO I THOUGHT EVERYTHING WAS FINE. TWO WEEKS AGO I GOT A BILL FOR $157. 25. THE BILL INCLUDED ALL OF THE ROAMING CHARGES THAT I SHOULD HAVE HAD FOR FREE.

I PAID THE EXTRA $30.00 PLUS MY REGULAR PHONE BILL IN ADVANCE WHICH WAS $82.00 BEFORE I LEFT ON VACATION SO I WOULDN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM!!!!! I HAD EXTRA CHARGES BESIDES THE ROAMING CHARGES ON MY BILL. $70.00 OF THE CHARGES ON THE BILL IS NOT EVEN ACCOUNTED FOR. THE COMPANY CAN'T EVEN TELL ME WHERE THEY CAME FROM.

A SALES REP HERE IN TOWN TRIED TO GET CUSTOMER SERVICE TO FIX THE BILL TWO WEEKS AGO. HE GOT THE BILLING DEPARTMENT TO ADMIT THEY HAD MADE A MISTAKE. THEY GUY AT US CELL'S SERVICE DEPARTMENT WAS ABLE TO GET THE BILL LOWERED TO $149.00. SO WES FROM HERE TRIED TO FIX IT AGAIN AND HE KEPT GETTING THE RUN AROUND.

HE'S BEEN WORKING ON MY CASE FOR TWO WEEKS NOW. YESTERDAY I GET ANOTHER BILL IN THE MAIL. THIS TIME IT'S FOR $240.00!!!!! THE BILL KEEPS GOING UP!!

AGGH!! I'VE BEEN ON THE PHONE FOR THREE HOURS TRYING TO STRAIGHTEN IT OUT WITH THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT. I'VE BEEN ARGUING WITH THEM THIS WHOLE TIME. I TALKED TO FOUR DIFFERENT PEOPLE!!!

THE FIRST ONE COULDN'T HELP ME, NEITHER COULD THE SECOND ONE. I FINALLY GOT TO TALK TO A SUPERVISOR. LISA, TRIED TO FIX MY BILL AGAIN. SHE GOT THE $240 OVER CHARGED BILL BACK DOWN TO $165 WHICH WAS STILL WRONG!!

I TOLD HER MY FRUSTRATIONS AGAIN AND SHE TRIED TO FIGURE IT OUT SOME MORE. SHE KEPT ADDING THINGS BACK IN INSTEAD OF TAKING THEM OUT AND THE BILL GOT UP TO $200 AGAIN!! SO I SAT ON THE PHONE WITH HER ANOTHER HOUR TRYING TO FIGURE THINGS OUT. ONCE WE THOUGHT WE HAD IT FIGURED OUT SHE PROCEEDED TO TELL ME THAT I OWED THEM FOR TWO MONTHS PAST DUE BILLS WHICH I KNEW WAS A LIE.

I PAY MY BILLS SEVERAL DAYS BEFORE THE DUE DATE EVERY MONTH. I GOT ANGRY AGAIN!!! I PULLED OUT EVERY CANCELLED CHECK FOR THE LAST SIX MONTHS, THEN GOT ONLINE SO I COULD SEE MY BANK ACCOUNT. I TOLD HER EVERY TIME THEY DEDUCTED THE MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT AND THE CHECK NUMBERS.

SO SHE CHECKED ON THINGS AGAIN. SHE SAW THAT I HAD PAID EACH AND EVERY BILL AND BEFORE THE TIME IT WAS DUE. SO, WE PROCEED FURTHER. SHE STARTED DEDUCTING MORE MONEY.

WE GET DOWN AS FAR AS WE CAN FOR THE DEDUCTIONS. MY BILL ENDS UP BEING $108.07. THEN SHE TELLS ME IT'S PAST DUE!!!! THE BILL IS FOR TWO MONTHS CHARGES AND I OWE IT NOW OR MY PHONE WILL BE SHUT OFF.

I WAS BOILING MAD BY NOW!! I FOUGHT HER TOOTH AND NAIL FOR ANOTHER HOUR!! SHE TOLD ME THAT US CELLULAR IS BILLING ALL OF THEIR CUSTOMERS FOR TWO MONTHS CHARGES EVEN THOUGH THE NEXT MONTHS BILL ISN'T DUE YET. HOW CAN THAT BE LEGAL?

IT'S POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. ON THEIR PART. NO WARNINGS WERE GIVEN, THEY JUST STARTED DOING IT BECAUSE THEY STARTED USING A DIFFERENT BILLING PROGRAM A MONTH AGO. THE CORRECT BILLING CYCLE SHOULD BE BACK TO NORMAL IN NOVEMBER WHICH WILL MAKE MY BILL DUE BACK ON THE 10TH OF THE MONTH.

I'M SUPPOSE TO PAY THE TWO MONTHS BILL, DUE RIGHT NOW EVEN TOUGH THEY STILL HAVE MY BILL MESSED UP. NO WAY SISTER!!! I ASKED HER FOR A NEW BILL TO BE SENT TO ME FOR THE CORRECTED CHARGES. ONCE I HAVE REVIEWED THEM I WILL SEND IN THE MONEY FOR THE CORRECTED BALANCE.

GUESS WHAT, THEY CAN'T SEND YOU A NEW BILL IN THE MAIL BECAUSE ONE HAS BEEN SENT TO YOU ALREADY!! AGGH!! OK, SO I'M MORE ANGRY!! SHE TRANSFERRED ME OVER TO THE ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT.

I SPEAK TO THE GENTLEMAN AND ASK HIM WHY I'M BEING CHARGED EXTRA ON MY ACCOUNT? WHY I'M RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING TWO MONTHS OF BILLS THAT ARE INCORRECT? WHY ARE THE BILLS DUE NOW WHEN IT'S OBVIOUSLY US CELLULARS ERROR? WHY CAN'T THEY SEND ME A CORRECTED STATEMENT IN THE MAIL OR BY E-MAIL SO I CAN REVIEW THE CHARGES THAT I'M RESPONSIBLE FOR?

HE COULDN'T GIVE ME ANY ANSWERS. HE THEN TELLS ME THAT I CAN SEND IN THE $48.24 NOW THAT WAS DUE A WEEK AGO. MIND YOU, MY BILL WAS SCREWED UP FOR THE LAST TWO WEEKS. I SAID OK FINE; I BETTER NOT HAVE ANY LATE CHARGES ON THE BILLS COMING UP.

HE SAID I WOULDN'T. MY NEXT BILL IS DUE IN THREE WEEKS, IT'S $59.83 WHICH IS THE BALANCE OF THE $108.O7. SO THAT IS DUE ON THE 25TH OF THIS MONTH. THREE WEEKS AFTER I PAY THE CORRECTED ONE FOR AUG - SEPT.

WELL, HERE LIES ANOTHER PROBLEM. MY REGULAR BILLING CYCLE STARTS BACK UP ON NOV. 10TH. I BET I GET ANOTHER BILL ONE WEEK AFTER I PAY THE BALANCE ON THE 25TH WHICH IS SUPPOSE TO BE THE BILL FROM SEPT 30- OCT 30TH.

I PLAN ON SWITCHING CELL PHONE COMPANIES BEFORE THAT HAPPENS. I'VE BEEN WITH US CELL FOR 6 YEARS NOW. THEY DIDN'T CHECK THE DROP BOX EARLIER THIS YEAR LIKE THEY WERE SUPPOSES TO AND MY BILL WAS INSIDE IT ALONG WITH 10 OTHER CUSTOMERS. ALL OF US WERE IN THE STORE AT THE SAME TIME COMPLAINING TO THEM BECAUSE OUR PHONES WERE GOING TO BE SHUT OFF BECAUSE THE BILL WASN'T PAID.

I GOT A FREE MONTHS SERVICE OUT OF THEM THAT TIME. MY PHONE DOESN'T WORK HALF OF THE TIME. IT DROPS CALLS CONSTANTLY. IT'S BEEN IN FOR REPAIR TWICE NOW.

AND, IT'S THE REPLACEMENT FOR THE ONE I BOUGHT LAST YEAR THAT WAS DOING THE SAME THING. US CELLULAR HAS THREE STRIKES AGAINST THEM. THREE STRIKES AND YOU ARE OUT!! THE BAD THING IS I DON'T LIKE THE OTHER CELL PHONE CARRIERS HERE IN TOWN.

THEY AREN'T MUCH BETTER. I'LL HAVE TO TAKE MY CHANCES WITH A VERIZON PLAN AND PHONE EVEN THOUGH I HATE THEM.

AGGH!! 307bdd0

Comments (1) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Oct 15, 2013  from Klamath Falls, Oregon
I'm out here in Oregon and while I have been with them for quite some time less than you, I feel your pain. I began receiveing larger than normal bills and also unfortunantly have also been past due and paying the past due in order to just keep above water so many of us are attempting as well. I am looking at a normal 190 bill per month and if I miss a month it's double. ok no problem fine I usually try to make a bigger payment the next time. Right now I'm sitting at a 300 past due which I paid on 10/4. 4 days ago 10/12 I was shut off and logged in finding I'm again past due when my bill wasn't due until the 25th of this month. this past due was well over my budget as I'd paid all my other bills so I ended up paying them what I had available in the bank. Then I got online and paid (over drafting myself) the remiaing balance to ensure my phones get turned back on. I have a child a family and a business (that is struggling I might add). It has as I've said now been 4 days since I've been told my services would be restored and told multiple times different stories about how long it should or should not take. I am up on my part of the contract on 2 phones in November. I'm gone. Feel your pain.
Reply to gmaearth

Read next US Cellular complaint

Billing Statements

You have got to be kidding me!?US Cellular decides to redo their statements/accounting at the cost i...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about US Cellular.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug