• show-popup

Location Nashville, Tennessee
Category Airlines
Views 1252
Monetary Loss

Urgent official document received in mail - marked "personal and confidential" - stated we won two free tickets on US Airlines with value of $1400.00 and this was Final Notification.Incorrect use of english language in document itself i.e.

" We have been asked with notifying you of this award" instead of "We have been asked to notify you of this award." Another example, "it will be transferred to the alternate." Wonder who is the "alternate"? Must respond immediately or forfeit price. Recorded on record as of 3/10/11.

Signed "awards department" call 1-866-348-0834.Postmarked Oklahoma City, OK. 2f20a9f

Comments (139) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 139 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Oct 12, 2013
I'm disappointed. I didn't get a check, and the retail value on mine is only $1,299.00 and "certain restrictions apply."

Has anyone noticed that all the vice presidents of this sham company are female?

Reply to Geezer

Oct 06, 2013  from Crystal Lake, Illinois
It says right on the back of the check that "This is not a check".
Reply to Anonymous

Sep 09, 2013  from Middleburg Heights, Ohio
Received my letter/check today 9/9/13 in Middleburg Heights, Ohio. Looks like a check. "Final Notice" 1-866-317-8358. Mine says must be redeemed by 9/13/13.
Travel Union
Scottsdale, AZ 85281
Signed by Janice Fisher

Don't feel like listening to any sales pitches and just wanted to post my check info for others. :p
Reply to Amy

Aug 28, 2013  from Memphis, Tennessee
Received one also for 1,229.00. Complete scam...immediately trashed!
Reply to tickie

Aug 26, 2013  from Southfield, Michigan
Just received one in the USMAIL.
"Only $1,229.00
However "Too Good to be true".
Save time and toss it in the Garbage before you get burned.
Reply to NOT

Jul 10, 2013  from Boston, Massachusetts
"Final Notice" with no return address . Award check ($1,198)has Travel Union, Scottsdale AZ as the issuer. I've seen this before, there is no US Airlines only US AirWAYS. Not really signed by Juliann Rogers. 1-866-247-9193. "Limited time" etc etc, like most of the other loggers, the language is correct now though.
When I called I was on hold for a long time, and then told that bot my wife & I need to attend an "Introduction" to a "new" travel agency about 30 miles away within the next 2 weeks. Said we couldn't make it, so was told to call back in two weeks to see what times were avialable. Skeptical but will follow up at that time.
Reply to Jenska

Feb 24, 2013  from Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Hi all, glad I ckd the net first on this. Looks like this scam making it's way to East coast now. Though I seem to recall my parents getting one of these before and cking the net then, prob over year ago....? So unfortunate we have so many scams going on out there that I forgot about it! Thanks good folks for keeping watch and reporting :)
Reply to Kara

Jan 10, 2013  from Arlington, Virginia
Jessica, you're full of ***.
Reply to Yeah Righ

Nov 06, 2012
I got my letter about a month ago from Monica Hunt to call 866-746-4358.... For fun I called and spoke with Josh. He told me I would need to go to the travel agency in person to pick up the tickets. I booked an appointment and went down there. They introduced themselves and told me about their services and then gave me my vouchers. I had to show my ID and a credit card for identification purposes only. Josh told me I could cover up the numbers all they needed to see was the name so I did. All they did was glance at the name to make sure it matched my ID and then gave me the vouchers.

As soon as I got home I called and made a reservation for the tickets. Departing out of Houston to Vegas in two months. I had to pay $39.24 in Tax and $4.95 for a "processing fee". Today I was shocked that I actually got my airline tickets via FedEx!!!!!! I called up American to verify they were legit and they confirmed!!!! I suggest to anyone who gets the letter to go down, listen to their *** for a few minutes, grab your vouchers and get out of there. You dont provided any financial info until you make your reservation. Its a pretty sweet deal if you have the time to get down there! OMG YAY VEGASSSS!!!
Reply to Jessica

Jan 02, 2013  from Colorado Springs, Colorado
Mine came today from US Air Promotions not us airway or us airline, ill call tomorrow and let you know what happends.
Reply to question

Nov 03, 2012
After receiving one of these offers, I did some web sleuthing. Believe it or not, US Airlines has a web presence -- several presences, in fact, including one at goarticles.com, a page that claims to offer "content articles." Well, here is an excerpt from US Airline's content article. I dare you not to giggle:

"Whilst numerous promotional delivers obtained via the mail could be of hugely dubious nature, the US airlines offer you is reputable. If you get these kinds of a letter, be sure to speak to US Airlines by way of indicates besides the data on the letter by itself to verify that it's certainly legit and actual."

Uh-huh. By way of indicates the English in the article that the US airlines offer me is not reputable. Or actual.
Reply to wheelhouse

Oct 27, 2012
i have received the award notice travel union
scottsdale Az. 85251
i 866 753 7975 havent done anything with it & i dont intend to go to a sales pitch meeting.
but glad i didnt call i get enough phoney calls now .
and wish they would give up but there are millions of phone numbers i found that were all listed as scam s/would like to have had this award for $1400.00 dolars tho can always use a get away
Reply to william

Oct 26, 2012
written by dave in pa and also recieved us airlines award notification on october,26th 2012 and muste redeemed by october,29th 2012!! i have recived this notifacation several times and is a scam!! i've been reading everyone's comments and each one have different #'s mine is 1866-753-7911 issue #1008 voucher#nt-16215 amount is for 1,400$DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM!!!!!!! :eek
Reply to DAVE

Oct 18, 2012
I am in Boise, Idaho and received the same mail notification for free airline tickets on 10-18-12. Had to attend an hour long vacation sales pitch with my wife. Boring and did not buy anything. We did get the tickets so its a marketing ploy not a scam. Worth it if you have the time.
Reply to Jerry

Oct 18, 2012
About 10 minutes ago I thought I'd play their silly game and give them a call. I'm still on hold waiting for the next available representative. Now I just got a recording saying that extension 0110 is not available, please lease a message. I left my work phone and will see how long it takes to get a callback.
Reply to Bruce O.

Oct 16, 2012
Looks like they are making their rounds in Austin, Texas this week. Yep...the same bloody message $1400 for two round trip tickets anywhere in the continental US, and must be redeemed by 10/23/12 otherwise it goes to the alternate. Is there actually no recourse for scams like this??
Reply to Debbi

Oct 10, 2012
Just got the same thing today, Oct 10, 2012 in Austin, TX. $1400 Award Notification for 2 tickets on US Airlines. Had the same improper grammar as others have mentioned. I always check the internet first to see if it's a scam. It always is. Looks like it's been going on for quite some time. Don't waste your time. They can go ahead and transfer it to the "alternate." Thanks everyone for the heads-up.
Reply to Ed

Oct 01, 2012
:eek I recieved the same notification with the price amout 1298.00. So I call and they don't even give a name just rewards department! What a waste of trees!! Saying that they have been trying to get ahold of me and that they will give to the next reciepent. Big Whoop! and yeah it was a british lady speaking on the recording as well!
I wonder has anyone even spoke to any of those people and what do they say?
Reply to Melissa

Dec 31, 2012
melissa, i got the a check for the same amount notifying me that this was my FINAL notice and they have been trying to contact me for a while, although most people are saying its a scam some say they got tickets, did they send u an actual check like they did me or what???... just curious
thanks for the help, ps im in colorado so i guess there making rounds here 18669627085 is the number, im gonna try calling here in a minute ill let you guys know what happened
Reply to scammer?

Sep 18, 2012
RIP OFF ALERT: I just received this notification today stating I won 2 roundtrip airline tickets worth $1,298 with callback # 1-866-569-2040 from US Airlines. Hopefully this site here will help others so they will not be ripped off.
Reply to Melissa

Read next US Airways complaint

us airlines scam fly the us skies

got one of these today mail-person said lot of people got these,mine was sighed by jocelyn hall w...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about US Airways.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug