• show-popup

Shares 0

Union Workers Credit Services - Do not fall for this scam!!!!

• by   Aug 04, 2010
  • 132 comments
  • Review #: 192427
Company Union Workers Credit Services
Product / Service Platinum Card
Location Dayton, Ohio
Category Credit Cards
Views 1797

I have been receiving this letter from union workers credit services for about five years now and I have noticed that they are consistently changing the address around.S.C.A.M!!!!

this is too good to be true,I have never applied for a credit card ever that i had to give up money for in order to receive it, maybe there was a fee for the card but it is usually deducted from the actual card once activated.

Save your thirty seven dollars and spend it on yourself or give it to someone in need instead of just throwing it away. 2d23037

Comments (132) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 132 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Dec 23, 2013
Those people who are responding to this site, who say it is good must work for them...save your $37...fools
Reply to dawg

Dec 20, 2013
So got this scam in the mail today. I've never ran into a credit company that you prepay them anything. So got on this site and saw both sides to the story. Some say its a scam others say don't be an *** and listen to everyone else blah blah blah. Well I went to the site and entered my pre- approval # I got this message:
Your PRE-APPROVED status expired on 2/4/2009!
However, we have given you a special extension.
Please cross out the old expiration date on your Pre-Approval Letter and in its place put 1/20/2014 with the initials of "WEB".
Act soon to avoid further expiration of your status!!

So this right here tells me its a scam... How could I just get this in the mail and it expire 4 years ago? Think twice people and get fked if you want.
Reply to Red

Dec 20, 2013
I sent them the letter back with shet and dbag juice.
Reply to Red

Dec 15, 2013
for every one who thinks it is a scam send the $37 refondeble dollars and find out by your self, I did and don't regret it,thanks to my $10,000 credit limit, NOT VISA CARD I can take all my family for vacation with out taking out of my saving for the plain ticket or hotel even for car rental just just check them out $37 will not hert you and will be acredited to your firs porches
Reply to javi

Dec 21, 2013
I sent mine off too, so hopefully I get something back, I.really need this
Reply to Nikki

Dec 14, 2013
I got this offer in today's mail and thought it was too good to be true. So I GOOGLED the company, only to read what a SCAM this is. SO, I decided to put MY SPERM into a Ziplock Baggie and sent my Personal thoughts to them, In their Postage-Paid Envelope, Just so "They had to pay to receive My Sperm". They are SCAM ARTISTS.
Reply to Sperminator

Nov 15, 2013
send them a blank piece of paper in the return envelope so they have to pay the postage :grin :grin :grin
Reply to mickey mouse

Oct 29, 2013  from Baltimore, Maryland
YEAH IVE APPLIED FOR IT AND I HAVENT HEARD ANYTHING BACK FROM THEM AND I THINK ITS FOUL THAT THEY ARE SCAMING PEOPLE OUT OF THEYRE HARD EARENED MONEY
Reply to CHRIS

Oct 18, 2013  from Slidell, Louisiana
Alright everyone... If everyone on this site is simply complaining because the address changes, the web page said "Code Error", or you are taking the word of other people who are complaining of the same things, then you are all complaining or deciding about a service you have never tried.

First of all, the address changes because they outsource where the mail comes from & where the checks go to, not to mention there are people from all over the country that answer phones, mail out content & process orders from their homes.

You have to enter the number on the website without any dashes or commas to get to the website.

The BIG ONE... the first $37.00 dollars you pay for the account. This money is to state the account and is completely refundable or put towards your first credit purchase.

Now if you are judging this site on what everyone else is saying... perhaps you should make up your own mind instead of just following what everyone else has to say... You are supposedly a grown up & hopefully not a sheep...so check it out for yourself.

You don't HAVE to put in anything to simply window shop this site. Simply SCROLL DOWN the page and see for yourselves!

I myself have an account with this company & right now, they are short on merchandise, but this is due to the fact that Christmas is just around the corner. Under normal circumstances, they aren't that bad. The selection isn't huge...
... Show more
Reply to Anela

Aug 31, 2013  from Cambridge, Ohio
i keep getting these forms that u have to send 37.00 to get 10,000 credit line..it is all a bunch of bull ***..do fall for it people ..its def a scam..
Reply to mandie

Aug 30, 2013  from Roswell, New Mexico
I received a letter for $10,000.00 credit for $37... pre-approved. I have no credit history due to a bankruptcy. What a scam... yeah they really checked me out. Don't go for it. 8)
Reply to Causerebel

Aug 21, 2013
I RECEIVED PRE-APPROVAL LETTER TODAY AND WENT ONLINE TO VIEW THE CATOLOG AND WEBSITE SAID ONLY MEMBERS OR PRE-APPROVED PEOPLE COULD VIEW IT, TO INPUT THE APPROVAL #. IT DIDNT WORK, SCREEN POPPED UP SAYING ERROR, POSSIBLE REASONS BEING WEBSITE MAINTENANCE. SUSPECT, VERY SUSPECT. DONT SEND THESE PEOPLE ANY MONEY. EVEN IF ITS REAL. THERE IS A CATCH. ITS ONLY LIKE FINGERHUT BECAUSE YOU CAN ONLY USE THE CREDIT WITH THEM, WITH IS OK, BUT FINGERHUT HAS A REAL WEBSITE WHERE U SEE EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO APPLY. AND A REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE #, AND YOU CAN ORDER ONLINE AND THE PHONE 24/7. DONT DO THIS, ITS TO MUCH MSTERY. SCAM
Reply to ANONYMOUS

Aug 03, 2013  from Indianapolis, Indiana
i got a letter today, so of course i binged it saw this site and saw what u guys had to say. so i respectfully took a dump in the
the letter took sum pics and dropped it in the mailbox but i was mindful of the postal workers i sealed it with super glue cause they shouldn't have to pay for someone else's ***.....ijs
Reply to no body got time for that

Aug 02, 2013  from Hartford, Connecticut
I got one todaybut like the other lucky few I wanted to do more research and I found this site that helped me a lot with my decision. I think ill send then my own type of credit reward in there envelope. :grin
:x I knew it had to be a scam ive never worked for anything that had a union involved with their company.

thank you guys for the heads up and thank you for the helpful site. :)
Reply to jen green

Jun 25, 2013  from Shreveport, Louisiana
the deal and you have to decide if it's for you or not.

And to the clowns who are "getting an attorney"..you're out $37.00, and you're going to spend THOUSANDS of $$$$$ on an attorney to collect it? From a company that did nothing wrong?

Sure the attorney will take the case , and laugh his *** off as you walk out the door, talk about 'easy money".

Just use COMMON SENSE PEOPLE...if it sounds too good for your situation.... IT IS !!!!! good luck......
Reply to Amused

Jun 25, 2013  from Shreveport, Louisiana
You people amuse me. While I don't condone what this comapny is doing, it is however LEGAL. They have done nothing WRONG...WHO did? EACH OF YOU DID....You DID NOT READ what you were looking at. It doesn't say they're going to give you a Visa or Mastercard. It doesn't even say you're getting ANY type of card. it says "Guaranteed $10,000.00 credit LIMIT valid EXCLUSIVELY toward all credit purchases form provider.

Do any of you fools ( and you know who you are from reading these comments) actually THINK a bank is going to give you (BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION that you're going to "load the card up and max it out", and that you credit is "fried") $10,000.00 with your "fried" credit for $37.00 ????? Without you even filling out an application, with NO mention of any BANK in the ad, ACTUALLY THE AD STATES " Bank Affiliation: NONE " and they're going to just turn you loose with a Visa or Mastercard with a $10,000 limit?????

Get out of FANTASYLAND and back into reality.

and to quote the "not so fine" print : VISA AND MASTERCARD ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS AND ARE NOT AFFILIATED WITH THIS OFFER OR UWCS" "CREDIT AMOUNT REFERENCED SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED TO FUNCTION AS ANY TYPE OF MULTI-PURPOSE CREDIT CARD AND IS EXCLUSIVELY APPLICABLE TO PURCHASES FROM UWCS CATALOGS"

PEOPLE....READ THINGS BEFORE YOU GO SENDING ANY MONEY TO SOMEPLACE !

They're NOT "ripping people off", Their AD clearly shows the terms of the
... Show more
Reply to Amused....

May 31, 2013  from Peoria, Illinois
I have checked them out, and found them to be the same as any company that allows you to purchase merchandise on credit. Finger-hut and RAC being in that group as well.
Reply to Smart Consumer

May 17, 2013  from Tulsa, Oklahoma
I received one of these letters today myself. I performed a check on Bing and found your site and their own. First I checked out yours and then I checked out theirs.

Firstly, it is not a regular credit card. It is a "site card". It can only be used on their site to purchase goods. Which I'm sure are marked up to well over what you would pay anywhere else. It brings to mind places such as Fingerhut, Seventh Avenue, etc.

According to their site, you can take the $37 you pay in credit off your first purchase as well. However, since the items are probably marked up 200% that isn't going to be much of a savings.

Unfortunately since they are actually offering you the credit, and even "refunding" the $37 on your first purchase, even though it is a scam, you cannot get them for mail fraud. It even states in small print on the bottom of the letter that it is not an all-purpose credit account and can only be used for purchases made on their site.
Reply to lam

Apr 12, 2013
I recieved this letter today and I knew that it was to good to be true. I look for a phone number and could'nt find one then I saw a web-site and decided to check it out. I saw this and I am so glad that I did. Now I am going to send them $37 in Monopoly Money. :( :roll
Reply to Anonymous

Read next Union Workers Credit Services complaint

union worker credit services is a a** hole rip off

Union worker credit services is a a** hole rip off, they say they will send you a $10.000 credit...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Union Workers Credit Services.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug