• show-popup

Product / Service Transmission
Location Englewood, Colorado
Category Auto
Views 391

BEWARE OF TRANSMISSION KINGS OF RICHMOND VA.I ordered a transmission for my van from TRANSMISSION KINGS in Richmond VA.

THEY SENT ME THE WRONG TRANSMISSION FOR MY VEHICLE. They told me to ship them my transmission and they would fix it. I sent my orginial transmission to them for repair and then had to travel to Richmond to pick it up and return the wrong one. The transmission seal plate looked like someone had took a chisel to it, it had loose bolts and the wrong bolts every where.

After installing the transmission it would not work. It was actually worse than it was when I sent it to TRANSMISSION KINGS. We have repeatedly tried contacting the company. We have left messages and they will not return our calls.

They claim to warranty their work, but I cannot not get them to return my call. They will not answer the phone! I live in Elkview, WV and cannot just drive to Richmond to find them and get this straightened out. DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH TRANSMISSION KINGS OF RICHMOND, VA.

THEY DO NOT HONOR THEIR WARRANY! I am out well over a ($1,000.00) thousand dollars, several hours of travel to Richmond and back to get a transmission that was not fixed. Fuel for travel and several quarts of transmission fluid also add to the expense. Not to mention a loss for my company in down time from not having my vehicle to use.

My company relies on my vehicle to do business and this has really been a major hinderence.I STILL DO NOT HAVE A WORKING TRANSMISSION. 2e4fbad

Comments (24) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 24 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Oct 04, 2013
I got taken by roy copelton from transmission kings he is fake also they are crooks its a waisted cause I had to give up the fight look his name up with coevette forum my god how do you get away with this the government has already been looking at ways to stop the bleeding I guarantee his day will come
Reply to Anonymous

Nov 01, 2013
one thing about it we have "0" lawsuits and other like aamco and cotman have thousands of civil and class suits...all because they have scammed and overcharged. we offer each client an alternative that is binded in our terms and agreement that you clearly read and understood.

Feb 27, 2013
WE SELL OVER 1000 UNITS A YEAR AND INSTALL OVER 400. WE HAVE MANY HAPPY CLIENTS AND OF COURSE WE HAVE SOME THAT RESORT TO SLANDERING AND ACCUSATIONS EVEN IF THEY ARE AT FAULT. WE AIM TO MAKE ALL OUR CLIENTS HAPPY. A REFUND USUALLY IS WHAT THE ENDING RESULTS ARE. BUT IF YOU WE DONT GET A UNIT BACK, HOW CAN YOU EXPECT TO GET A REFUND. SO INSTEAD BAD REVIEWS SURFACE. LIKE I HAVE SAID MANY TIMES...AAMCO HAVE OVER 1,000 Lawsuits CLASS ACT CASES..MILLIONS OF BAD REVIEWS. BUT YET THEY REMAIN ON EACH BLOCK CORNER CHARGING $3000 TO REBUILD TRANSMISSIONS. IM ALWAYS PUZZLED TO WHY BAD REVIEWS POP UP LIKE SPRING FLOWERS BUT GOOD REVIEWS STAY HIDDEN LIKE BATS IN THE SUNLIGHT..BUT HEY ..ITS THE HAPPY CLIENTS THAT KEEP OUR DOOR OPEN FOR MANY YEARS AND MORE TO COME.

Mar 04, 2013
I have called this place numerous times and left number to ask about warranty on a bad trans they rebuilt and they never answer phone or call back,give it a try you will have same result
Reply to Anonymous

Mar 12, 2013
how about send the unit back to where it was shipped from and your unit will be service or replaced. Or let me guess the unit is still in the vehicle and you just have questions that can be answered on your warranty papers.

Mar 27, 2013  from Chesapeake, Virginia
Send the unit back and warranty will surely be initiated. Please call 804 2740921
Reply to roy

Feb 26, 2013  from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
You say you never been to court but loyd told me my refund was coming but i had to wait because you guys were in court with paypal, and paypal told me about all the complants and how they were holding the money. I dont understand why you still have pay pal on your website but yet paypal locked you out. And as far as being a tranny wizard Why have the name transmission kings if you work isent king ***. i mean my tranny failed right off the bat for having missing parts and not put back together the right way......just saying
Reply to JohnX252

Feb 26, 2013
Well john send the unit back for a refund..What does paypal has to do with your unit being sent back where it came from. I am always a bit lost when an issue arises and the unit is either still in vehicle or in your garage. I always thought a return or refund meant bringing the product back and giving explanation of why and receiving a refund. Never knew complaining and accusations defined proper procedures for return policies.

Feb 19, 2013  from Silver Spring, Maryland
Been waiting and waiting for a unit to be returned so a refund can be issued. But all I see is same post and comments. One thing about it we have never been to court with an issue. No tran company is wizards. Problems arise..if you didn't get a refund or warranty is because you didn't take the steps to receive it and rather just post comments and chat about it. To get a refund or return from walmart you come and stand in line to present your dissatisfaction...so why treat us any different.

Feb 06, 2013  from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Yea but this isent the first time someone got screwed over from the transmission kings, alot of people lost alot of money me being one of them wolf622

Feb 05, 2013  from Winter Park, Florida
Obviously that Drake guy, has no clue about transmissions, His first mistake was letting his wife order one. I'm gonna use Transmission Kings but my husband will do the ordering since he is the mechanic not me.
A note:
Anyone would be a fool to put a new transmission in without a new torque converter.
Reply to Wolf622

Nov 15, 2012
DON DRAKE , YES I WILL PAY FOR SHIPPING BACK...JUST PUT ON PALLET AND SEND TO 9600 EXPRESS LANE , RICHMOND VA 23237, ONCE IT ARRIVES WE WILL REIMBURSE YOU FOR WHAT WE CHARGED YOU FOR THE UNIT.

THANKS ALOT
Reply to ROY

Nov 10, 2012
The second unit I sent you was my transmission. I had it shiped to you because the trans you sent me was wrong. The price was for a rebuilt trans. You can have this one I don't care it's not doing me any good but I thank you should pay the shipping instead of me driving all the way back down there spending more money on something that wasn't fixed in the first place. Like I said I all ready have a grand in a 750.00 rebuild that's worthless.
Reply to Don Drake

Oct 24, 2012
At roy your right about the walmart thing but the thing is when your pushing your product and saying its rebuild stronger then stock and i get it and its missing important parts and is not done properly to me it sounds like you need to fire some people. My business works on 90% of word of mouth, if my customer isent happy ill *** the bullet lose money to make it right and make them happy.Thats why wev been around for 35 years and rated 2nd in the nation.

MR DRAKE
this message was intended solely for your situation. When you can visit the richmond or va beach shop. Please bring the ford transmission and the pump they sent and we will give a refund for the unit.

Oct 23, 2012
when you buy something from walmart do you take it elsewhere to have it fixed or do you take it back and return it either for a refund or replacement. Same way you ordered it, is the same way you return it. Please read line 6 of the warranty agreement. you want a refund, send the unit back.

Oct 23, 2012
i dont understand why you want the unit back for a refund who wants to run around get it shipped out waste more time then only hope you refund the money its not like anyone answers the phone or calls anyone back over there.

call me 804-274-0921 send the unit back at our cost and we will issue a refund

Oct 22, 2012
The front seal plate was damaged causing excessive leaking.
As for the transmission it's self it only lasted about 2 miles at the most.
I couldn't get anyone to return my phone calls, after trying for atleast 4 weeks
Maybe longer, so I had no other choice but get a transmission some were else
I am trying to get a refund because I have no use for another transmission.
Reply to Mr. Drake

Oct 22, 2012
We allready talked my refund got canceled because i had my shop rebuild it after two weeks of having it i couldent miss anymore work so i had to bit the bullet and pay more to fix it

Read next Transmission Kings complaint

ordered 3 transmissions from transmission kings...

I purchased 3 (three) - 700r 4 transmissions from transmission kings of richmond, va.all three went...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Transmission Kings.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug