• show-popup

Shares 0

TRACKER MARINE GROUP - 21 cracked, broken and cold welds...and i never hit anything

Company TRACKER MARINE GROUP
Product / Service Tracker Targa 17C Sc
Location Chantilly, Virginia
Category Cruises and Ships
Views 628
Monetary Loss

In 2005 i purchased a tracker targa17sc.This year after seven years of use (one trip to canada and maybe three trips to local lakes a year) we started to take on water.

After a close inspection i found several cracks in the hull. I took it to imperial boat repairs in hudson wisconsin. I was told that they had already repaired seven tracker boats this year and there was probably weld problems with my boat. After taking the decks out to examine the problem they found 21 broken, cracked and most important cold welds in the front half of the boat.

Imperial boats took pictures of all of these and sent them to Mr James Gardener of tracker Marine in an attempt to get compensated. I also e-mailed Mr Gardener and explained that these repairs would cost me over $5000.00 . I was told that tracker marine would take it under advisment. Mr Gardener got back to me and said that the warranty on my hull was five years and they didnt feel they were responsible.

The pictures sent to tracker showed the cold welds as well as the cracked and broken welds.

Anyone who knows what a cold weld is knows that they are welds where the weld is only attached to one side of the two parts being welded togeather and so these were that way when i bought the boat.This didn't matter to tracker marine they just sent me a copy of the warranty and didn't explain why they wouldn't cover damage to my boat caused by cold welds that were there the day i picked up the boat. 305f612

Comments (4) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jul 10, 2013  from Columbus, Ohio
Just found a crack in my hull. Bought the boat new in 2010. Looks like a time bomb waiting to go off when you look at the bottom side. I have no faith the problem can be corrected as other wields should fail in the future.
Reply to Lund

Jun 04, 2013  from Rochester, New York
this is my 3rd season out of 6 that I cant use my boat because of broken hull now come on tracker!!!!
Reply to pissed

Nov 12, 2012
Same thing with my 2004 pt175.Same response from Tracker they would do a "good faith repair" as long as I cover the shipping fee to there warhouse 10+ hrs away. Trying to do someresearch and maybe bring up a law suit. Any ideas?
Reply to BFARRIS

Nov 12, 2012
Reply to BFARRIS

Read next TRACKER MARINE GROUP complaint

Tracker Marine Group - Use At Own Risk - I DID

This is my first boat! I truly enjoy the design and operation of the Pro Team 175 TF. The boat is ev...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about TRACKER MARINE GROUP.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug