• show-popup

Shares 0

Tracfone - HSN and simply wireless did not inform the custome or a 60 day notice

Company Tracfone
Product / Service Lg Phone
Location Manchester, New Hampshire
Category Cellular Phone
Views 303
Monetary Loss

I am pissed at HSN with my tracfone order .The order was presented as being triple for life minutes and because I did nto open the packe and discover this ..I am out those extra minutes.

HSN did not mentin the 60 day activation period while chirping the benefits of this phine . HSN , you suck ...no more for me . QVC all the way from now on.
while those TV hosts are chirping about the benefits of this procduvt , do they tell yo that you must activate within 60 days ....Not on your life .

I called simply wireless and they said the info was given on air .I thimnk they are not telling the truth ,.
2f03252

Comments (18) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Mar 05
WOW!! TracPone And HSN I Would Have Never known Good Thing I Seen All These Post . And I Had Double Min Phone Worked Just Fine But Tracphone Will Take You For A Ride And Your Min.They Took Me. :cry
Reply to Freewolf

Jan 21
HSN DOES THAT WITH A LOT OF THIR STUFF.
I HAVE HAD SAME ISSUE WITH TRACFONE FROM THEM.
TIRED OF RETURNING THINGS TO THEM. JIMBOB
Reply to JIMBOB

Jan 13
hate tracfone and hsn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 08  from Jupiter, Florida
i heard them tell that you had a certain amount of time in which to activate the phone.

Dec 26, 2013
yea same here why does HSN get away with it? i mean where is the justice for the customers isn't the the customer always right? :sigh

Oct 01, 2013  from Batesville, Arkansas
They do say to activate it within 60 days. Pay attention dork!!

Sep 06, 2013
I also purchased a tracfone through HSN with the triple minutes promotional offer, to expire on Oct. 2014. I also signed up for their monthly value plan, although I had over 1,200 air time minutes. This was a mistake, because after I cancelled the monthly value plan, they cancelled my account and would not honor over 1,000 minutes that I had on my phone.
Reply to Offended

Apr 05, 2013  from Denton, Texas
I purchased the HSN tracfone when they were promoting the OZ movie. I did hear the caution about 60 days, and the literature with instructions for activating which came wiht the phone also said "within 60 days of order date". The tracfone part went smoothly (I have owned tracfones for several years...all ok). HOwever,when I called to redeem the airtime, the automated system says the info I am entering is not in their records. When I called HSN about it, they said there is nothing they can do cause is through simplywireless...and no contact number for them other than automated...so I am sending it all back to HSN for refund.
Reply to ginger

Will NEVER buy from HSN and TracFone ever ever ever ever again
Reply to Former HSN customer

Dec 04, 2012
Just bought 2 LG tracfones from HSN. 1/31/2013 was clearly given as date must be activated by on TV and in paperwork.Had no problem with getting minutes, transferring minutes or phone number from old fone. Sorry,so far very happy with it
Reply to Sterlingirl

Sounds like a bs fake Phony review. From HSn
Reply to No fool

Feb 19, 2013  from Union City, California
People should complain to their states Attorneys General with this illegal 60 day activation date. It is downright illegal. Since they sell across state lines it qualifies as a federal class action suit. Simply write a letter to your local tv news station consumer reporter to get on the case. Let's do it. People purchased these minutes and they are STEALING them
Reply to Former HSN TRACFONE CUSTOMER

Nov 23, 2012
I bought this phone because by fiance talked me into it. I regret having it. I got it and the minutes they said was going to be there, was NOT. Now, I am very angry.
Reply to Margie V.

Jun 15, 2012
Wish I had seen your post earlier.I just got ripped off too. Been a customer 25 years but not anymore. Bought these phones from HSN before and didn't have to activate in 60 days. I called HSN and nothing they would do. Cant believe it.They said nothing in the presentations I watched about 60 days .
Reply to Lisa

Jan 01, 2013  from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME! DIDNT ACTIVATE BECAUSE WAS A XMAS GIFT. I AGREE THEY NEVER SAID TO ACTIVATE WITHIN 60 DAYS WHILE ON AIR .....THE TRAC PHONE PKGING OR THE HSN ORDER SLIP SAYS NOTHING ABOUT ACTIVATING IN 60 DAYS....WE PAID FOE A PHONE WITH 1400 MINUTES AND THEY ARE NOT HONORING OUR PURCHASE....RIP OFF!!!
I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN & NEITHER WILL MY 3 DAUGHTERS & 4 SISTERS. I WILL ALSO BE SPREADING THE WORD AMONG MY FRIENDS . IT WILL GIVE ME A LITTLE SATISFICATION TO KNOW THEY WILL LOSE MORE BUSINESS THEN THIS PROBLEM COST ME....SPREAD THE NEWS ......I SURE AM.
Reply to LINDA

Mar 13, 2012
a word of note-caution for anyone that wants to transfer their existing LAND-LINE to a cell phone and if you also have incoming DSL service coming in on your existing land-line - if you transfer your land-line existing telephone number over to your new cell phone, then there is a real chance that your DSL service will also be terminated, as most carriers seem to want to demand that they also have your land-line in order to provide your DSL - just a word of caution BEFORE you do this change - call your telephone company AND DSL service providers - this happened to me and i was both without my normal land-line telephone AND also did not have DSL for 2 week's and in the end not only had to re-install my home land-line phone, but also to renegotiate a new DSL agreement! - what an un-pleasant surprise! - in the end maybe it worked out as the new DSL service is faster and at the same or less price - good wishes to you all - Bob in Ct. :cry :? :)
Reply to Bob Fatone in Connecticut 0635

Dec 27, 2011
Yes I brought one too. I talked about for 45 minutes and all my minutes were gone. :cry
Reply to Dell

Dec 02, 2011
I just bought two LG 800g Tracfones through HSN, and the paperwork that came in the box says they must be activated by 01.31.2012.
Reply to Tracfone user

Read next Tracfone complaint

Tracfone Customer Service Sucks!

I will never recommend Tracfone to anyone.I have spent more time on hold being passed around from **...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Tracfone.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug