• show-popup

Shares 0

Be very cautious of Toshiba's bios update

Company Toshiba
Product / Service Bios Online Update
Location Yukon, Oklahoma
Category Software
Views 164

On Thursday May 14, my Toshiba informed me that I had a necessary BIOS update that needed to be performed.  I followed their online instructions and when my computer shut down to "restart" with the update, it never came back.  The onlibe BIOS update thta Toshiba recommended fried my bios chip and mother board and the technicians at Toshiba could care less that this happened.  They just told me where I might be able to send it to get it "fixed".  My computer was just a little over a year old (of course, just out of warranty).  I am a very unhappy customer of Toshiba and just wanted to forewarn anyone else who might step into this situation. 2ee0e4e

Comments (5) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Oct 18, 2011
i updatd mybios on toshia a660 and it wont boot up at all, not even lghts on the screen and its just been 2 weeks since i bought the computer from ebay and the seller would just provide standard hardware warranty. :(
Reply to exor

Oct 04, 2011
Its soooo sad that these forums are very old in the technologic world,,,and I am Now having this problem with my toshiba L655D that i bought a little over a year ago (ofcourse) Toshiba wanted me to pay them 35$ just to speak with them. **** that!
Reply to Shawnna

Jan 12, 2011
Downloaded BIOS for Toshiba L505D, Clicked install, Computer went black and will not start. Called Toshiba Customer Service>>>>>THEY COULD CARE LESS!!! Thaey told me I would have to pay for the repair, even though I did what they recommended. Will never buy a ToSHITba product again....EVER!!!!
Reply to Beyond Pissed Consumer

Oct 18, 2009
Mulch, it's a very serious problem. It's not CMOS related. It's BIOS flash failure. Happened with many Toshiba models. My P205 Satellite failed the BIOS flash as well. Tosh wanted $300 for the repair. I found aqstech.com thank god. They did the repair for a 1/3 of the cost.
Reply to Bing

Oct 15, 2009
BIOS chip? What is that? Do you mean the CMOS chip?

How can you *** a BIOS flash?

Well all is not lost. I checked the support page and there a program that will allow you to completly empty the CMOS and then install BIOS again. No problem. Check the site and this time REALLY folow the instructions. No lip service needed tis time.
Reply to mulch?

Read next Toshiba complaint

Toshiba 50HP16 Plasma Tv Junk!

Bought a Toshiba 50HP16 plasma TV, less than 3 years ago at costco.It went from costco,to my home, o...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Toshiba.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug