• show-popup

Shares 0

The Hurrycane - Go Slow to order HurryCane!!!

Company The Hurrycane
Product / Service Misleading Advertising
Location Tustin, California
Category Shopping
Views 17276

I'm elderly and can't afford to get ripped off.I just ordered on line the HurryCane with travel bag, wrist strap and "FREE" shipping.

I declined their offer of speedy $9.95 delivery, and, at checkout discovered shipping of $9.95 had been added with the statement delivery would be made in 8-14 days!

I had intended to go back and order a cane for a relative, but feel their ad is misleading or fraudulent and they've lost me as a return customer.I'm hoping the cane will live up to its hype and keep me safe.

I thank you for this site where i can warn other Seniors. 305d775

Comments (142) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 142 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Mar 27
THIS IS A GREAT CANE , YOU COMPLAINERS SHOULD USE A WALKER IF THINGS ARE THAT TOUGH ON YOU. YOU'RE CRYING OVER SPILLED MILK, DO YOU WANT IT TO DO THE WALKING FOR YOU TOO?
Reply to gimpy

Mar 10
i have no idea why people are having problems with this product save for a bad run of canes at the factory or something ... my wife has been using her original hurrycane for over five years now without one bit of problem ...
as for it 'folding' and that being a 'threat' to the safety of the user, if you don't think a cane should fold, you probably shouldn't order this cane since it can be folded up for easy storage etc ... but when it is put out for full use there are VERY sturdy metal connections (screw-on connectors) on the VERY sturdy metal cane shaft that if you simply hand-tighten will not unscrew themselves ... and of course with anything like this you should have a look at the connectors regularly to make sure they are staying in place with your hand-tightening ...
so again not sure about why there are so many comments about how horrid and dangerous and poorly designed this product is ... this has not been my or my wife's experience with this cane, and in fact is the exact opposite ... the self-standing bottom of the cane can take a bit of practice to get to stand but with a good firm push down on the handle as the shaft/cane is positioned perpendicular to the floor then it seems to take well after that ... just not that difficult frankly ...
Reply to cormac1958zoso

Jan 26  from Scranton, Pennsylvania
My son bought me the "original" Hurrycane. Although it is overpriced, and I had to buy the silicone handle cover separately, it works well on gravel and in the snow. Since, I need a cane for balance and walking assistance, I wish this cane did "not" fold up. If a person really needs a cane, you never need or want to "fold it away!" My first generation Hurrycane was made in China, whereas the second generation Hurrycane is made in the U.S.A. I do not know how it could be stronger, when it is so much lighter, and looks and feels more cheaply made. It is my understanding, that one of the original Hurrycane's complaints was, that the cane made a sound, when it hit the floor. I find this very petty to have changed the whole design because of this. If a person really needs a cane, one is "not" worried about a slight sound. How about making another Hurrycane, that does not fold up, making it stronger, as a one piece unit, and more reasonably priced? I have friends, that have bought and received your new Hurrycane, made in the U.S.A. and they have commented to me, that they like mine so much better because it looks and feels stronger.
Reply to Rue

Dec 09, 2013  from Antioch, California
Sue them ok mam or sir how much was it
Reply to hoyo

Dec 04, 2013  from Jackson, Tennessee
I found HurryCane Replacement parts for sale @ the sites below. :eek

1. Tri-Foot or Handle $9.95ea here: https://www.hurrycane.com/Order/OriginalAccessories?gclid=CPDW073ll7sCFe5j7AodvGsAAQ&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

2. Tri-Foot $16.99 here:
Reply to Scooter

Nov 20, 2013
i have a hurry cane the bottom kept coming of f i can not find ab a replacement i called customer service you know what they did not help me i kept tighten the sews but i lost need a replacement who can help me thanks
Reply to jobe

Nov 09, 2013  from North Highlands, California
hurry cane came a part what do now ok . .send me a answer popbear1946 @ yahoo.com the bottom came out of the cane send email soon ted
Reply to pandA

Nov 01, 2013  from Fargo, North Dakota
I am trying to cancel this .......... :sigh
Reply to suzi

Oct 29, 2013
:cry I bought this, fell down and had to have a hip replacement. G*d da*n cane sucks . Piece of ***, do not order

Oct 19, 2013
I ordered the Hurrycane about 2 years ago and haven't had the first problem up until now. It squeaks because the O ring is worn. My husband says he can get a new O ring and fix it since the company doesn't sell a replacement of the O ring. I have ordered my second one today without problem; I ordered it on the phone, not on my computer and it was very easy to order. If you listen to the operator and answer the questions 'yes' or 'no' and speak slowly and clearly there should be no problem.
For the person with the weight problem they tell you up to 250 pounds if you read the entire order message.
IVAN it does not say it has a knee~~it says it works like a knee; the flexibilty, the way it bends and swivels is what they are talking about. Your knee isn't at the ankle.
Reply to anonymous

Oct 01, 2013
I used Hurry Cane for over 18 months while recouping from concussive fall that messed up eyesight, hearing, memory, and balance. The can, while not perfect, was a lifesaver!
1. + = provided stability as I moved from stage 2 stage in recovery
2. + = stayed in working order with few minor exceptions
exceptions:
1. squeeking -remedied with silicone spray
2. O ring wore out...it was not replacable but didn't alter effective use.
3. Cane would not stay upright after O ring broke. I rarely depended on that function; husband thought it was novelty!
All in all, it was my survival stick for me having used it multiple times daily.
Reply to chicadee

Sep 22, 2013  from Bronx, New York
I ordered the hurrycane for my Mother who lives in PR 2 months ago. she still hasn't received it. I want my Money Back, Theres noone to talk too, no Customer Service what so ever. Just a computer. :sigh
Reply to David R

Sep 08, 2013  from Las Vegas, Nevada
I was thinking about ordering one of these for my mother but I think I will skip it. The company should not have one complaint, (not one!) when dealing with senior citizens.
Thanks for the heads up. My mom will have to do with the cane she has or I will try to find one at the store for her. :)
Reply to anonymous

Jul 12, 2013
Please just go to your local medical supply store and try all the different ones
they have!! Each person has a different need so its not ONE SIZE FITS ALL!!
You don't buy a pair of shoes without trying them on first so why would you
purchase a cane without making sure its what you need?? These companies
are taking advantage of the elderly!!!
Reply to Broken back

Jun 19, 2013  from Atlanta, Georgia
Hurrycane given as a gift. Not used daily. Went on a cruise and lost all three feet on the ship. Hurrycane says there was a defect in the screws holding the feet in place. New feet have different screws. Got Hurrycane to send a set of feet free because still under warranty. Using cane without feet on a smooth service is dangerous!!! Opens up probability of a product liability lawsuit. They should have replaced the screws or feet under a recall program.
Reply to madlad

May 17, 2013  from Dallas, Texas
I'm involved with the company that designed the flexSTICK, a new concept walking cane that utilizes three spring-loaded legs to significantly improve stability, absorb shock and provide comfort. This cane, developed by a physical therapist, provides a smart, healthy solution to the problems found with rigid single-point and quad walking canes. For more information, visit www.flexsticks.com.
Reply to Reed

Sep 10, 2013  from Mississauga, Ontario
Oh don't be cruel. Being overweight is punishment enough.
Reply to Maggie May

Nov 24, 2013
Thank you for an alternative source for a much needed product. I am 42 & have a connective tissue disorder that caused me to fall and break 5 bones in my right leg. I am 3 1/2 months post surgical and given the ok to start weight bearing. I am looking ahead to when I will be able to use cane vs. the walker currently needed. The most important thing we can all do regardless of age, is be smart shoppers and research or ask a loved one to do so before we purchase something we rely on to keep us from further falls or possibly surgery. ,)
Reply to Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Survivo

May 14, 2013  from Washington, District Of Columbia
Hurrycane's latest is the Ease of Use Award from the Arthritis Foundation. It is a sham that such a great organization needs to do this to raise money. I guess they didn't take into account all the complaints about its use.

Also I don't know how they can get off saying it has a Knee! Yes I am Pissed Off.
Reply to Ivan

Read next The Hurrycane complaint

The HurryCane is a giant waste of $40.00!

What a waste of money.It does Not stand alone ever regardless of what type of flooring you're on...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about The Hurrycane.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug