• show-popup

Shares 0

No air ventilation and gas fumes for early morning employees at Target

• by   May 11, 2008
  • 4 comments
  • Review #: 120527
Company Target
Location Chicago, Illinois
Category Shopping
Views 39

I have a friend that works the early morning shift and goes in at around 4 AM.He says that to conserve on energy, Target shuts the ventilation system off until the store opens.

Meanwhile, the employees have to work in hot conditions and must breathe the fumes from the gas powered floor buffers. He says that many of the employees feel sick from this. It's not even summer yet. No one should have to work under these kinds of conditions especially with having to work for less than $8.00 an hour.

When I come in to shop in the morning, you can still smell the fumes and it is hot.
2d3639d

Comments (4) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jun 30, 2008  from Kaiser, Missouri
Target doesn't hire people under 16 years old and no one that young would be working at 4:00am. Speaking from experience, it must be that way in all Target stores. It's miserable before 8am when the store opens.
Reply to joanie

May 23, 2008  from Robinsonville, Mississippi
I had an awful experience as a department manager at Target. I ran the Ladies and Mens Dept. completely by myself. So, I had to merhandise, do planograms, adjacancies, clear out the fitting room, get returns, fold the tables, finger space all the racks, expected to run a register when they were short, and when it was my turn, supervise the other soflines departments! My store manager started to harrass me, basically-as hard as I worked, it was not good enough...like all the racks weren't finger spaced, and the adjacancy wasn' EXACTLY done acordinally to plan...close, but that did not matter, and he would not listen to why it was done that way-He just knew it wasn't exact-That's when I lost It!! I couldn't
take the abuse any longer and quit that day! ABUSE-that's what it comes down to.
Reply to Lori

May 21, 2008  from Goldsboro, North Carolina
I bet the friend is under 14, you have to be 14 to post on this site. :D
Reply to brett

May 20, 2008  from Nuuk, Vestgronland
How old is your friend. Can't he/she speak for themselves.
Reply to Trevor

Read next Target complaint

Target - Baby Registry Returns RIPOFF

Target's Baby Registry is a ripoff.Their returns policy left my daughter with 16 pacifiers, a br...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Target.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug