• show-popup

Company Straight Talk Wireless
Product / Service Mobile Service
Category Cellular Phone
Views 1100

Straight talk mobile is currently advertising a free ringtone on their mobile web site.When you click the banner it brings up their "supposed" promotional tones, but when you click one it asks you to buy it and requires your credit card information.

I emailed the company and they told me they do not offer ringtone's for free, so I sent them their OWN link and told them they needed to change it because it was false advertisement.

They in turn emailed me again telling me they do not give out free ring tones but clearly their site is still claiming to do so.I hope somebody catches on that can do something about it because I am getting nowhere! 30695bc

Comments (18) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Mar 29, 2013
I am very much satisfied with Straight talk. My cell phone and home phone is through straight talk. Very good service and the voice clairty is excellant.
Reply to Ellie

Nov 06, 2012
hey why do you guys say its free when hyodown .oad it they say to pay 9.99 for it when its supposed to be free
Reply to cory miller

Sep 14, 2012
language barrier my friend...its not just the accent
Reply to st customer

Sep 14, 2012
language barrier my friend...its not just the accent
Reply to st customer

Jul 22, 2012
Why is it that every other phone company allows for the consumer to download on their phone from other sites. This is really *** that I have to buy ringtones from you and I don't even like them. They're too worldly! Take the block off my phone!
Reply to Yanna

Dec 23, 2011
I use phonezoo now. The ringtones are sent straight to your phone and it's free, even on pay as you go accounts!
Reply to ChelleC

Dec 05, 2011
I want my money back from this lamebrained idiots. I bought the Motorla phone from Walmart and I want my frickin money back! SOBs put a frickin ringtone standard on the phone you can F**KING hear ... idiots!!@!!
Reply to Standard Ringtone is Impossibl

Dec 03, 2011
whre can i get free rngtnez n i hte be unda diz company bk my phne alwayz gyttn shuy down :( :(
Reply to nikita

Nov 09, 2011
:( :( :( :( i hate straight talk no good ringtone :( :( :(
Reply to FL1

Nov 09, 2011
:( :( :( :( i hate straight talk no good ringtone :( :( :(
Reply to FL1

Oct 28, 2011
There is a free Halloween ringtone on their website currently, but only available through the 31st of October. I downloaded it for free with no problems.
Reply to Jana

Oct 06, 2011
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :x :( :cry :? :roll :eek :upset :zzz :sigh :p 8) ;) :grin :) ... Show more
Reply to bill

Aug 26, 2011
:grin i luv straight talk and i found my own website to get free ringtones, wallpapers, games, themes, and evrything else!! u just gotta look harder!!
Reply to straight talk lover(:

Apr 26, 2013  from Mountain Home, Arkansas
Can u tell me what website? Straight talk says I have to go thru them and I have been trying for 2 weeks and am unable to preview before buying. Can't get an answer from Straight Talk, plus I found another ringtone I really like but not thru Straight Talk.
Reply to ringtone

Jun 03, 2013  from Joplin, Missouri
go to myxer.com for free ringtones for your staight talk phone. also it depends on which phone you have. phonezoo.com is good too. (you have to be on your phone to download.) Hope this helps
Reply to Anonymous

Mar 31, 2011
hmm seems kind of petty considering anyone looking for something for free on the internet is a fool. Straight Talk has been great to me, I get unlimited everything including data for only 45 bucks a month and I can even get a smartphone for it.
Reply to wyeoak

Read next Straight Talk Wireless complaint

NO CELL PHONE SERVICE

I received my Straight Talk phone on yesterday.I charged my phone for the recommended 5 hours before...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Straight Talk Wireless.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug