• show-popup

Shares 0

Straight Talk Wireless - Straight Talk disconnected my service for too much data usage. PLEASE READ!

Company Straight Talk Wireless
Location Honolulu, Hawaii
Category Media
Views 2109

I did not have a good relationship with Straight Talk. I've been their client for 3 months. Here is my story.
In their ad they would tell you that everything is unlimited for only $45 dollars,,, blah, blah blah,,,, but they won't tell you that everything is actually very much limited once you join them,,, my service was disconnected permanently without a notice,,, when I started my investigation with customer service (by the way,,, hideous) they just simply apologized and told me to read that small print in my contract again.
Here are few major things you CAN NOT DO: (per contract). No YouTube. No uploading, streaming or downloading (only very very limited),,, can't watch TV. Neither can't text a lot nor freely talk. Basically cannot use your phone to its full potential. They are monitoring how long you are talking and how much you are texting,,, if it's too much they would simply permanently disconnect your service without a notice nor refund,,,
ONE thing I was permitted to do: I was able to check my emails UNLIMITED!!! Hurray! My personal wish to you reader,,, DO NOT JOIN THEM.

Regards,
Not happy and aggravated Straight Talk ex-customer. 2ee05ca

Comments (65) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 65 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Nov 12, 2013  from Emory, Texas
Beware of Stacy Pharmacy in Sulphur Springs, Tx on Broadway, he is a crook, rude to customers unless they are the rich ones, frowns on medicare. Will NOT fill some prescriptions if heis not going to make a big profit. Auto refill is a joke, he DOES NOT keep up with it. There are many pharmacys in S.S. Do not do business with them! They are crooks.
Reply to Crook watcher

Aug 29, 2013  from Eden, North Carolina
I've used straight talk for over 3 years now. I've gotten great reception just outside of Grand Falls, Canada as well as in parts of Alabama that barely any major providers work in. I pay $48 flat for unlimited talk and text. I rarely use the Internet on my phone, as it is super slow and unnecessary for me to use a phone for the net. I can wait until I get to a computer.

I've noticed that straight talk does give you a text notice to "Refill Now" almost two weeks before your end date. If you diligently refill, you'll automatically lose those days left on your account, which are non-refundable. In auto-refill, they refill your service the day before the end date. To avoid this, I refuse auto-refill and just wait for my service to shut off before I refill it. I can go a few hours without service while I'm sleeping.

Customer service is always very nice Indian folks, but they'll tick you off because they have absolutely no authority to do anything except answer questions that are obviously TelePrompTed for them. I try my best to avoid them and rarely have to deal with them thanks to the automated refill guy, "If you don't have a service card, you will need a credit card." OK :-)

I like straight talk. It's super cheap and consistent. It works for me because I don't use my phone as a portable laptop. I've been thinking about joining Ting (no $25 off link here) because it looks much cheaper, you pay based on what youve used, and share data
... Show more
Reply to Karen

Jul 28, 2013  from Olympia, Washington
yep didnit to me also

Jul 21, 2013  from Altus, Oklahoma
My wife's phone data was shut off just 6 days into the new month in her 3rd month of service and when we contacted StraightTalk about the problem, we were told that Verizon, who is the carrier in our service area was limiting data to 2g per month. We had no problem the first 2 months of service but in the 3rd month her data was shut off. She regularly uses her phone to Skype with her family and friends back in Thailand and so now she has been severely cut back on being able to communicate with her family. They advertise unlimited talk, text & data but then blame the carrier when you are cut off and limited on your data usage. This really ticked me off as I discussed this with the sales rep at Walmart prior to purchasing this phone and service specifically for her to Skype with family in Thailand and this was a much cheaper option than adding a line to my business Verizon phone service but now there is 3 weeks of the month she can't even use it and that is a RIPOFF!!! Not to mention FALSE ADVERTISING!!!~
Reply to IAM BOS

Jul 01, 2013  from Rochester, New Hampshire
you can stream videos and all that jazz you ***. it's just when you do it without WiFi. Simple logic actually. You are clearly going out of proportion with this issue when its your fault. you have a max of 5g a month to stream. 5g is a huge amount. i can stream music without WiFi for a full day so 24 hours and only would have gone thro 1g. Call as much as you want. The only thing that blows through your gigs is when you stream videos without WiFi. i watched one episode of Doctor Who and almost went thru a gig. i text about 100-300 times a day, and that barely uses any gigs either. so you can talk freely a lot and text. only thing you can't do is stream videos without WiFi. THATS NOT ASKING FOR MUCH!. Everyone on this page that agrees with the retard clearly is retarded. This is ***, and very funny on how retarded people can be.
Reply to zach

Nov 12, 2013
you must work for tracfone/straight talk, and you must no have any developmentally disabled relatives or you wouldn't be using the word retard so loosely, either that your just a ***.
Reply to meowmommie1270

Apr 17, 2013
I have the same problem. I thing someone should take them to court. False advertisement. If it was the other way around I know they would have me in court. *** straight talk.
Reply to damien

Mar 25, 2013
This just goes to show each and Everyone of you that "Everything That Glitter's Is Not Gold.I bet at this time you wish you had never left Verizon HUH.Next time you will be more CAREFUL and Learn to Read the Find Print.

Apr 01, 2013  from Springfield, Missouri
Verizon is robbing the American middle-class of their hard-earned money! That's the reason I left them & found a cheaper way of phone & wireless services! :(
Reply to All4Justice

Mar 25, 2013  from Bismarck, North Dakota
I just switched from Verizon to straight talk. I just got my phone about a week ago and this morning the internet just stopped working. Like others said I can get my gmail but that is it!! I didn't get no call or text or anything telling me I was using to much. My son downloaded a few games and I was on FB and downloaded some apps. I haven't used 2gb's yet but it is close to that. This is crappy!!! With us having to have these phones for work and such this is just ***. When something says unlimited it should mean unlimited!!!
Reply to Ticked off too!!

Mar 20, 2013
Can anyone say CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!! It's time to take America back from these kind of fraudulent pirates who scam you out of your money & think nothing of discarding you like a worthless ***! The time is now & it is up to us! :(
Reply to All4Justice

Sep 05, 2013  from Mountain Home, Arkansas
:( :( :( :( I'm so ready to drop straight talK!!!!!!! I am an invalid and live alone with some day help. Yesterday morning, after 3 years of auto-pay, they cut my phone off! My personal representative at my bank told me they did not receive a bill to be pd. from straight talk. After about 5 calls, with Managers hanging up on me ( though I did get a little irrate) :upset! was told it would be turned on in 24 hrs. Then in getting up to get to the bathroom, i passed out and fell, laid in the floor over 2 hrs. because I had no phone. When I got back in bed and quit hurting enough to make a phone call, I used my neighbors phone, the neighbor who came over and found me in the floor, and called straight talk. After threatening a lawsuit against all owners And walmart,a manager turned my phone back on. Well, today my phone never rang, and when I called my housekeeper she said "whose phone are you calling from?" When I said mine she said "no, it shows ###-###-####" back on the phone to them, 4 hrss. later, they sad it was fixed, old # back, and to call blah-blah to to reprogram, done, NOT!!!! I'm ready to boycott Walmart! pickett!! Nationwide protest! ... Show more
Reply to Scarlettjoe

Dec 19, 2013
i am. i have had them for years as well and got a new phone with a replacement plan and had the phone for 9 months the chaeger port stop wrkin i sent it in for a new 1 and they sent me a pos 1 and i have been on the phone for over 3hrs tryin to get my phone bck or the right 1 and all i got was the same 1 and was told theres nothing they will or can do 4 me after being hung up on and dealing with the rudeness of them..... now i am just witin to be ran up in again until i just say screw it and pay the little bit extra for a real cell phone company..

Mar 19, 2013
My internet/data got cut off (I can still text and talk) for apparently violating their terms of use. I was told if I purchased another $45 Unlimited card it would start working. Well today I did that as I had to wait until today and the 3G went out on Thursday...5 days later I purchased that card and now get told I have to wait almost 2 weeks for my card that's in my reserve to have the internet and such working. They should at least send a text or email saying to slow it down with using so much data. I'm very furious!

2 weeks I can't use my phone for the real reasons. I am fed up!
Reply to Furious B

Mar 18, 2013
Just got the new iPhone 5 for straight talk didn't know data was limited so I waited for my service to renew because I called and they said it would come back when my service was renewed waited two weeks and tried to use my data still can't use it so this means I can't get pic messages or anything I called them again and the just sent me to a hotline of theirs and btw it's a machine still no data calling again tomorrow hope all hose well... :(
Reply to Pissed

Mar 29, 2013  from Scarborough, Maine
Maybe theres an app you can find to teach you to PUNCTUATE. Nothing is more annoying then trying to read these posts with mile long run on sentances.
Reply to CellUser

Jun 03, 2013  from Altamonte Springs, Florida
Nothing is more annoying "than" trying to read a post correcting someone's "sentences" when the corrector can't spell. Is there an app for that? Or maybe you should just spellcheck before you decide to chastise someone else.
Reply to spellcheckerval

Aug 15, 2013
That was AWESOME...lol!!

Nov 12, 2013
got news for you, they're things more annoying, it's called tracfone and their a.k.a's.

Mar 29, 2013  from Scarborough, Maine
This "Pre Paid" sensation that swept the consumer cell buying industry about three or so years ago is yielding the exact results i preidcted in the terms of "You Get what you pay for.."

Yes, I am in a contract with Verizon and i DO pay 110 a month for UNLIMITED TALK AND TEXT with 2GBs of data. Verizon doesnt pretend ANY data is unlimited and the most you can get is 6gbs and least amount is 2gbs. Being on WiFi all the time im at home and at work i may go down to 1gb a month but its nice to know i have extra in case im out and about and go over on Facebook or what not.

Lets say I swapped to Straight Talk for 45 a month. Could i depend on my phone and data? NO, as so many thousands of you claim on these forums.

Also, prepaid never has ROANING AGREEMENTS so the minute you go camping or up country to visit anyone, your phone is as good as useless.

Buyer beware, most many of these prepaid services are IN MY OPINION about as good as the car for sale you see on the side of the road for $500.00 with the sign "Runs perfect. No problems."
Reply to CellUser

Read next Straight Talk Wireless complaint

Straight Talk will not fix their problems. Do...

In January, we bought 3 Straight Talk phones.Takes 3+ hours a month to keep issues resolved to keep...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Straight Talk Wireless.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug