• show-popup

Product / Service All You Need Plan
Location Suitland, Maryland
Category Cellular Phone
Views 502

I received my Straight Talk phone on yesterday.I charged my phone for the recommended 5 hours before use.

I followed all the instructions in my packet in an attempt to activate my phone this morning at 6:30am. Still unable to make calls about 8:15am, I called customer service. The rep informed me that since I already activated the phone and my SIM card is unregistered; I'll need to wait 24 hours before I can use my phone! Where was this on their website or in the package with all the other instructions?

FURIOUS!!! I went to straighttalk.com to get the complaint number and decided to post on their FB page, to my surprise others have had the same problem!!!

One girl was told that since she had a refurbished phone she may not be able to use her phone for 7 days!!!This is unacceptable!!!!! 2e82e6a

Comments (10) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jul 10, 2012
I have a Straight Talk Phone, and I have to GO OUTSIDE to make a call or send a text message. 90% of the time neither will work inside my house. I called their customer service once; and the guy had me punch some codes into my phone. It still does the same things. Anyone else have this problem?
Reply to Brody's Mom

Mar 15, 2013  from Cheboygan, Michigan
i have same problem
Reply to jerrywilky

Jun 30, 2012
I've had straight talk for about 3 years now and I have had some problems (4 numbers in the past 3 years...pretty annoying :upset ) & just today at 12:00 AM, i was on the phone with my friend & charging my phone at the same time then my phone said CALL LOST. I lost my service :cry i took phone off charger then took out battery for about 20 min. then put it back in. Now, i have cell phone reception again. weird night & all of this happened from 12:00 AM - 12: 30 AM, today. :? straight talk is being a little weird.....
Reply to lilian

Jun 13, 2012
my first ST phone was a cheep one 39.99 worked great I decided to upgrade a went an spent 145.00 for a new on an can not make are receive calls all calls dropped an only get voice messages it does not ring when someone calls :(
Reply to tina

Feb 11, 2012
I just reactivated my phone yesterday within a day of losing my service, but my phone still says "No Service." I can't text, call, and I don't want to call customer service because they don't do *** except for saying "Thank you."
Reply to Raelene

Nov 25, 2011
Same thing here, it was great for 2 years, now today NO service. I pay $45 a month. To me that means my $200 phone will work. Hours and hours with customer service, or just the "minimal service" No contract....no luck, nobody should be placed on the back burner. If you pay then give us our service.
Reply to Sean Thomas

Nov 18, 2011
Let's face it, we only have ourselves to blame for being cheap. We thought we were smarter than everybody else for going with ST and their supposedly cheaper plans compared to Verizon, AT&T, and all the major carriers. Guess what? We are all ***. Cheap and *** - thinking that we were actually signing up with a real telecom company. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
Reply to STguy

Apr 21, 2011
I have had Straight Talk service for about a year. A little over 3 days ago, I would get "Network Unavailable" every time I tried to call out. I have been in contact with customer service from the beginning and it has gotten me nowhere.

Tonight, the person at tech support said their service where I live is highly congested.

Great! This is my only phone and zero service over the last 3 days. The month before that, my calls kept getting dropped more and more. I ended up having to buy a new phone because that $69.99 Straight Talk phone used AT & T service instead of Verizon. The just send me a second phone like I already had.

I cannot believe how much money I have paid Straight Talk when I had no service and they had my phone. I paid for several months in advance. That was a bad decision on my part. :cry
Reply to No Straight Talk Service for L

Apr 21, 2011

Reply to No Straight Talk Service for L

Apr 10, 2011
I've had the unlimited plan for about 7 mos. now. Never had a problem until now, no service for 3 days. No explanation, no refunds, no anything!
Reply to Carrie Duke

Read next Straight Talk Wireless complaint

Pay-as-you-go plan worthless

My straight talk phone was deactivted the instant my phone card ran out.I was told by a barely under...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Straight Talk Wireless.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug