• show-popup

Shares 0

Straight Talk Wireless - Cut off phone service the day before the service end date

Company Straight Talk Wireless
Product / Service Phone Services
Location Chattanooga, Tennessee
Category Cellular Phone
Views 47

My service end date is supposed to be on 6-3-2013.Today while on the phone with my father, my call was abruptly shut off.

I contacted Straight Talk to ask about the number of minutes used which I purchased 1000. The only minutes they would give me was the amount of text messages. But they tried to tell me that they do not have access to the amount of minutes. I ask them to provide me with an accounting of minutes of incoming and outgoing calls for the past month, and then for the past 6 months.

They refused and kept sending me to different customer service reps. I finally became annoyed enough to file a consumer complaint with the State of Tennessee and I emailed Straight Talk customer service to advise them of said complaint. I received an email back stating that I have to get a notarized request and take photo copy of the serial number on the back of my phone before they can provide said information. I advised them that this is absurd because they should have this data available since they would need to know that to know when to cut the phone off.

In the past year I have paid several times two to three days early. I have long suspected that they have reset the service start date based on when you pay. But I am unable to verify this since I cannot see the incoming and outgoing call data minutes. I very rarely use this phone but if this month I did go over minute amounts then I would be ok with it.

But I know in the past several months I have not utilized all the minutes. Customer service is not what customer service should be about and you can hardly understand them half the time.

I will be furthering this complaint as high as I can.With this economy being as it is some honesty should be paramount in this type of service. 2d4e67e

Comments (0)
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Read next Straight Talk Wireless complaint

Straight Talk "Unlimited" Data Plan

Okay, here's the deal.I left Altell(bad decision) for Straight Talk simply because my monthly bill w...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Straight Talk Wireless.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug