• show-popup

Product / Service Auto Loan Pay Off
Location Fairmont, West Virginia
Category Auto Financing
Views 635

Southeast Toyota Finance is a front for World Omni Finance located in Deerfield Beach, FL.It is part of JM Family Enterprises.

I wanted to pay off the loan on my car and I insisted on getting a real address because I was shipping the check overnight via UPS. The real address where they process the loan payments is 6150 Omni Park Drive, Mobile, AL 36609. Their 800 number is picked up in India.

When I spoke with them they did not want to give me a real address, but I insisted because I said I was going to require a signature to prove when it was received.
2d2b8bd

Comments (66) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 66 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Aug 13, 2013
You can also go to bbb.org and scambook.com to file complaints. BBB page says none have been filed against World Omni. I think we should change that!

Aug 13, 2013
I found a website called peopleclaim.com where claims and complaints can be filed against world omni. Anyone heard of it?

Aug 13, 2013
I have also been having a very bad experience with World Omni/Southeast Toyota. Our truck had to filed under a bankruptcy after paying on it for two years. We had no late payments. We just recently paid off our bankruptcy earlier than scheduled. Our truck had already been paid off before anything else. But because World Omni had NOT sent the claim release form like they were suppose to, when we paid the bankruptcy off the trustee sent ANOTHER check for the payoff to World Omni. I have contacted them and my bankruptcy lawyer has contacted them. I personally, always get the run-around, no definite answer song and dance! My lawyer and trustee say, by law, they are required to return the check. They have confirmed that they received the check but have no idea when it will be sent back to the trustee as that is an accounting issue. I asked to speak to someone in accounting and was told "That is not allowed." I even tried calling the corporate office in florida and STILL got the song and dance routine! I've been sitting here for six months with no vehicle (truck was totaled) because of waiting on that check to be returned! NEVER EVER is it a good idea to do business with these people. In my opinion, they don't care one bit about the customers they get their money from. They just care about the money!

Jul 31, 2013  from West Palm Beach, Florida
I have the same issues... It has been going on since 2007!! I've contacted SETF multiple times and also Experian, Equifax, Transunion. I am trying to buy a house and SETF has incorrect information and posting information on my accounts. No one at SETF has returned calls and will address the issue. No response..

I would also be interested if anyone was doing a class action against them LET ME KNOW!
Reply to Tom F

Jun 10, 2013  from Mobile, Alabama
Misinformed. That is my final, overall feeling that I am left with from SETF. I have paid for my car in full and 35 days later, no title. When you are dealing with someone's money, you, indirectly are dealing with their emotions. And when YOU make a mistake regarding your customers money, you should be able to deal with that mistake in a compassionate manner. Also, a car's title should have to be legally sent through certified mail. Maybe not YOUR problem to fix but it would take the responsibility off of SETF when you "lose the title in the mail".
Reply to Ownitoutright

Jun 15, 2013  from Tampa, Florida
Form Letter, They could care less !!!!
Reply to Steve

Oct 24, 2012
Jessica,
I am sorry to hear about the experience you had. I am interested to hear more about your situation. Please give me a call at your convenience.

Oct 24, 2012
Jessica,

Oct 23, 2012
I have had my car through this company for a year and a half. Have had 2 late payments but have paid full amount dew just on following month. I think this company purposely employes people with nasty attitudes or trains them to be rude :( really wish I could switch company's, I understand it's a business and they want there money on time but as a human I still like to be treated as such. And let's be reall they make more money if were late with the payments anyway. Really wish I has not even called the company to explain at this point.
Reply to Jessica

Oct 23, 2012
Reply to Jessica

Feb 10  from Gadsden, Alabama
I second that one...I saw this comment was 2 years old...they haven't changed!!!!!I have never seen such a hard company to deal with... NEVER, EVER, WILL I EVER use these people again to buy anything...they have no tact, no remorse, uncaring and hire people who will not even shut up long enough to let you explain a situation and a need for assistance in setting up a payment date that can coincide with your employment's pay date...they will harass you within five days of your due date...and they are not nice at all when they call...I have had many loans and never have I been dissatisfied as much as I have with these people and their "customer service".
The guy calling me asked me if I could borrow some money from someone and pay him today! When I said that I should blog about their rudeness and they horse laughed me!
Reply to Anonymous

Dec 15, 2011  from Tega Cay, South Carolina
Dear Mr. Smith,
I am sorry to hear about your situation. Please give me a call if I can be of assistance.
Reply to SETFCustomer Experience

Dec 14, 2011
Why does it take anyone 48-72 hours to "review" paperwork and put it in a computer AFTER receiving money owed. I have told every one that I know about how horrible this company is. Like another complaint I read earlier..I too will never ever buy another Toyota after this experience EVER!!!!
Reply to T Smith

Dec 14, 2011
I had my car repoed on Thursday over two late payments that I called them about in August 2011. I was told when I paid the money that I would have the car release. I paid the money on Monday, sent all requested information on Monday and I AM STILL GETTING THE RUN AROUND AND STILL NO CAR!!!!! This has been the worst experience with ANY company I have EVER had in my entire life. :( :( :( :( :cry
Reply to T Smith

Dec 12, 2011  from Tega Cay, South Carolina
Dear Mr. Otero,
We have pulled the calls relating to your account. Please give me a call at your convenience if you would like to discuss this matter.
Terry Kaufman
Director
251-639-7765
Reply to SETFCustomerExperience

Dec 11, 2011
I have email confirmation that I advised them of late payment. I got a call today, Sunday at 4:45p from a woman with a DISGUSTING attitude. She asked me why I was late on my payment when I advised of the late payment notification. I asked if Toyota needed to come get their vehicle as we have been with SETF for OVER A YEAR and have made 2 late payments TOTAL. This is ridiculous and Any company that harrasses their customers like this and allows RUDE customer service agents to be their front line is NOT one I want to deal with. I will make this payment and consider trading it in for another brand. I never had this problem with HONDA! Buyer beware!!!
Reply to Jason Otero

Dec 09, 2011
Wow, glad I'm not the only one that's had problems with SETF. I've had my last two cars leased through them and they've both been nightmares. I love Toyota, but I've had to resort to driving a Mitsubishi because I refuse to ever deal with SETF again.
Reply to Jeff

Dec 01, 2011  from Tega Cay, South Carolina
Dear Jennifer,
I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please give me a call if I can be of assistance.

Dec 01, 2011
I have the same issues... I've contacted SETF at least 9 different occasions trying to get my address (which they invented.. it wasn't one I gave them) fixed. No response.. no change.. I also tried to get in contact with them so we could figure something out because my family is having some financial hardships.. again.. no reply. after 8 attempts no reply.. nothing nadda.. anyone doing a class action against them LET ME KNOW!
Reply to Jennifer Russell

Read next SouthEast Toyota Finance complaint

Oh Gosh they harrass me too

Setf calls me all the time.They even call me a week before my payment is due to ask for payment.When...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about SouthEast Toyota Finance.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug