• show-popup

Location Portsmouth, Virginia
Category Weight Loss Programs
Views 171

Update added by user Aug 27, 2011
Typical of the company!! I wrote that I finally got a refund after a month of fighting and considered the case closed. Now almost a month later a spokesman for the company replies about reading the \"agreement\" for accepting the \"free\" sample. Funny how many people have a problem with the Terms & Conditions. The issue was the time it took to refund the money after canceling the monthly autoship. Just an example of how they operate.

Original review posted by user Jun 18, 2011

I made the mistake of trying SlimBerry on a 14 day trial period. On the 15th day they charged my credit card for a new bottle and sent an e-mail about the shipment.

When I e-mailed them about wanting to cancel the order, they said it was already shipped, so I would have to refuse it when it arrived and they would credit my account. I took it to the post office, unopened and sent it back to them. It has been over 30 days and they have not refunded my money. I have e-mailed their customer service numerous times and they won't even give me a courtesy of a reply.

They were sure fast enough taking my money, now they refuse to refund it or even let me know what is going on.

I am fighting this through the credit card company, but shouldn't have to go this far if it was a reputible company. 306007b

Comments (19) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

May 18, 2012
Also ripped off by this company. Tried the 'free' trials but discovered they deducted $75 from my account for a 2nd bottle I did not order. Since i'm in Australia not about to phone but they ignore all of my emails for a refund. Monday I'l l be reporting this outfit for fraudulently debiting my credit card.
Reply to Shelby

May 08, 2012
I just ordered the trial pack and paid for postage. However these people decided to commence sending me the product and charging my CC account. This is not legal. My authority for payment was ONLY FOR THE SAMPLE. I have complained to them and sent a couple of e-mails, but no response. The product is a sham in my opinion and the company does not appear to have ethics either. Will never deal with them again. I hope they have the courtesy to respond to complaints.
Reply to Disappointed Customer - rip-of

Sep 24, 2011
Is it a free trial or not? I am really lost.
I ordered the product almost a month ago: I only received it last week. Since I knew I would n't have 14 days to try it, I send a email to the costumer service asking to cancel everything (after 10 days of my original order). They answered back that my autoshipping was cancelled. But will they charge me for the bottle that I finally received? They say in the ad that the first bottle is free: can I keep it or not?Can somebody help me?
Reply to wonderwoman

Aug 26, 2011
There Terms & Conditions are clearly listed on their website that you are setup on a monthly autoship unless you call them to cancel. You people even have to check a box saying you agree to it. Look at is yourself www.slimberry.com\customer
Reply to Anonymous

Aug 10, 2011
I ordered the free trial of slimberry. Right now i am reading from all the people that had ordered the free trial,& got charged a big amount for the second bottle like the day after. right now there are "ALOT" of unsatisfied customers,& i want to make sure that doesnt happen to me;especially since i am on disability & have a low income!I called my bank & they are watching for any amount to come through from you except the small amount from the free trial.I would like to cancel& do not want any added expenses charged to my credit acct. I will take action if there are!!! THANK-u
Reply to carol bogar

Aug 08, 2011
I had the same problem (they send me the full product that i didn't ordered) and i called them and the girl was nice she just told me to send it back and they will give me my money back but i'm a little worried after reading all these comments! If someone successfully got refund please tell me how!!
Reply to Sam

Aug 08, 2011
I am going thru the same thing with them right now. I ordered the “Free Trial” Online that I did receive. But then they sent me another trial of Slimberry that I received after I already got my free trial “only paying for the shipping”. Not anywhere online did it state there was any other obligation. I am currently trying to get my refund and disputing the charge with my bank.

Upon some research I found company on the BBB website and I see that you rate an F. Wonder why…. because they are a scam!

I hope your business learns work ethics and changes they way to get customers. :(
Reply to Dawn

Jul 31, 2011
yea i am one of the persons that also got charged for the product that i have'nt gotten yet.. so guess what the 14days has not even passed so yea no more order on line or the free products.. :upset :(
Reply to Not knowledge able of on line

Jul 27, 2011
Finally got a refund from the company. I have learned my lesson about FREE products. Case Closed!!!!
Reply to Burnt Customer

Jul 26, 2011
I HAVE A PHONE NUMBER FROM YELOW PAGES
(417) 888 2945
Reply to DIANA J J

Jul 23, 2011
According to the website, the email address is cs@mywela.com .
Reply to Cathy

Jul 23, 2011
I am really PISSED. Again, my failure to read the fine print has cost me nearly $100. Did anyone here call Wela (1-877-WELA-NOW) with luck cancelling their account?
Reply to Cathy

Jun 24, 2013  from Norwalk, Connecticut
I have been trying to cancel my order for the last 5 months with no success. I have called left messages to cancel, I have emailed but no one responds back. They keep sending this *** and charging me $76.00 every month which I can no longer afford and is causing overdraft charges. Now the number has been disconnected and I don't know how to stop these charges! I am so angry I don't know who else to go to.

Mad as ***!
Reply to Carmvelash pissed

Jul 18, 2011
I have the same problem. Anyont have the e-mail address.
Reply to Janice

Jul 12, 2011
The same thing happened to me, I received the product, changed my mind, did not even open the first shipment and mailed it back, with a request for cancellation. They charged my card and sent me another shipment. Ridiculous.
Reply to More of the same

Jul 05, 2011
I want to cancel the automatic shipping, and am willing to keep and pay for what I have - one new bottle. I have no way to call this company, so am hoping a letter will accomplish my cancellation. I have to admit that I'm a little worried after reading some of these comments!
Reply to Barb

Jun 29, 2011
I called and emailed a cancellation of the order and the order was still charged to my debit card. I am now going to have to paid overdraft charges plus the cost of the product. I sent an email today again and I doubt I will hear anything. How can a company get away with such activities?
Reply to Nancy

Read next SlimBerry complaint

Wella, Slimberry

I tried the trial for the 14 days and did not like it so I cancelled right away on the 5th day.I hav...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about SlimBerry.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug