• show-popup

Company Shopping Essentials
Location Oakhurst, California
Category Financial Services - Consulting, Marketing
Views 269

I bought an item online from The Pyramid Collection Catalog and was unwittingly enrolled in a membership to Shopping Essentials + and charged $9.95 a month for several months before I became aware of the charges.

I called the company and was told that I willingly enrolled and they would be happy to cancel my membership. After some research, I realized the enrollment began when I ordered from The Pyramid Collection. It took some time to narrow it down, since this company has a multitude of catalogs that they are linked to.

Never again. What a shame...buyer beware. I emailed the catalog customer service and told them they are crooks. 306f574

Comments (30) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 30 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Oct 29, 2013
I have been getting catalogs for a long time but they were SO expensive I never ordered. I saw a red/black reversible cape with hood, for Halloween from The Pyramid Collection Catalog. I ordered this month around the 8th & I paid $120 for the cape & $26 for 2 day shipping. Well it didn't come. :? I used email to contact this company, no response to 3 emails I sent. I called & they said it was shipped on the 8th & here it is the 14th & it still wasn't here. They insisted I got the package. I told them I went my apartment building's office & inquired & (They all know me well as I get LOTS of deliveries.) :( it didn't come & to get me the tracking number & I'll call Fed ex myself. The rep says "Oh we don't have that information, Fed ex has that." I'm like no way :x Fed ex always has tracking on their 2 day deliveries (They made me sign for packages before.) Now I was getting mad :( I told them I had ordered this item for Halloween & now I won't get it in time & that I would take this to my CC company. The rep refused to return my money or even ship out the package until "Fed ex tracks it down. Annoyed, I hang up. 2 weeks later no info from Fed ex, no package so I called... Show more
Reply to anonymous

Jun 13, 2012
:( DO NOT be fooled by this company's slick photography!!! They make the items look beautiful and substantial but when you get them, they are shoddy, poorly made, light-weight material that falls apart after one wash. And ridiculously expensive. They will not get any more of my hard-to-come-by money. :cry
Reply to txgranny

Mar 20, 2012
I ordered the Faerie Tale Top back when it wasn't marked down. It was the prettiest shirt I had ever seen. So I didn't care about how madly expensive it was. When I ordered I was supposed to receive a discount which was being advertised on their site, but that didn't happen. It didn't matter that much to me at the time; I just wanted my shirt. It took 2 months for the shirt to come and I have no idea why that was case. I remember calling them after two weeks, then three weeks and each time I called I was on hold for a long time and then when they would see that I wouldn't hang up, they would come back on the line and they were very mean to me. They wouldn't let me get a word out. They never let me finish what I wanted to say and they would hang up on me. When I finally got the top, it was NOTHING like the top in the picture. It was completely different material and print and poorly made. I'm a nice person and I cannot be rude to people, but I remember calling them to ask how to send it back and they were again very rude to me and I lost my temper. I told them they had no right to speak to me like I was worthless and that they had the worst customer service skills ever. The lady calmed down a bit after I yelled at her. She told me every top would differ and that's just the way it was. I told her they should at least have a note next to the item stating that. Long story short, it took several weeks for me to finally get my money refunded. I'm sad to see that they still have... Show more
Reply to PYRAMID COLLECTION IS A RIPOFF

Feb 27, 2012
Their clothing is WAY too expensive for what it is. Cheap shoddy workmanship not worth the $70 I paid. I'm keeping the shirt I ordered only because it will be too much of a hassle to send it back. They are making $$$$ off their shipping. $10.95 for USPS SNAIL MAIL is no bargain. I ordered on 2/10 and it took 2 weeks to get here. Not making the same mistake again.
Reply to Ripoff

Jan 28, 2012
I just ordered from this company, and now I am scared out of my mind. I hope everything goes well for me, then I am never ordering again. :sigh :sigh
Reply to Leigha Hall

Jan 19, 2012
this is the worst catalog experience I've ever had to go through!! I shop a lot, and this is a 3rd rate company to deal with. I ordered about 10 items on clearance over the phone back in November, never received the items. I had to go through the phone, because after spending a half hour online, the sale prices didn't go through. Now I get connected with a person who had no idea what the heck she was doing. Long story short, I am still getting very lame emails from this company about what to do with this order! NEVER AGAIN!!!!! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!! I AM CALLING THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU ON THEM. 311 THEY SHOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS. :cry :cry :cry :( :( :(
Reply to liz

Dec 01, 2011
That is so true I got a catalog from Pyramid Collection, and I liked some staff tryed to place the order some idems were on sale, but they were charging me full price I had to cancel my order thanx for warnings.
Reply to Zarina

Oct 27, 2011
Anyone else knows of a different site with similar items but better customer service?
Reply to Pam

Oct 08, 2011
I purchased two dresses, one I returned for an exchange, but it was backordered. Summer is over with so I canceled my back order. Just last week I noticed a charge on my card for this dress that I canceled. They said they shipped it, now I have to wait for the dress that I didn't want anymore to get here, get them to pay for the return shipping to get my money back. I sent them emails, they ignored, I have called only to be hung up on. I am now disputing this charge with my bank. I really don't think I will get this dress. I think they just want my money. The dress I did get a got a lot of compliments on, but it was very cheaply made. Not worth 50 dollars. If you want to order from them send them a money order DO NOT give them a credit card or a debit card!!!! I didn't get scammed into another debit, but I when I send them a email to cancel a backorder, they should have canceled the backorder. It seems to me the Customer Service Department has no clue what they are doing or if they do they do not care. I will never order from this company again. Signed a very pissed off customer who just wants her money back ASAP, plus I have asked for the 30 fee that my bank charged me when one of my bills came through and because of their charge of a dress that I canceled my bank returned my bill and paid this charge that I did not authorize. This is going on for two weeks now. I wish I could have seen this page before I bought from them, but from now on I will check out any... Show more
Reply to Jeanie

Sep 21, 2011
and before you sign up for shopping essentials you are asked to repeat your cc number...and all calls are recorded...so why would they risk it?...
Reply to that guy

Sep 21, 2011
haha this stuff is funny...and the warehouse isnt in chelmsford...lol
Reply to a guy

Sep 13, 2011
Based on what I read here and other places, I will NOT order from pyramid. Sounds like crappy customer service and scaming abounds
Reply to Lily

Aug 26, 2011
i love the pyramid collection. great stuff and always on time. please send me another catalog.my address is 1429 SE 20th way troutdale, OR. 97060 thank you so much. I'D like to buy more stuff.
Reply to jeffrey ryan duckworth

Aug 16, 2011
I ordered 10 items, and am sending back 8 of them. I was surprised at such shoddy quality for such expensive items. The two I am keeping are gorgeous, but not worth the hassle for having to return the rest.
Reply to Vienne

Jul 31, 2011  from Rock Spring, Georgia
I so wanted to order from this catalog, The Pyramid Collection,I had at least 10 things picked out to buy :cry , but I would not put up with someone taking money from a credit card, without my knowledge and be forced to call my brother, an attorney, and sue. Thanks for the warning.
Reply to Joann Stark

Jul 26, 2011
I received a catalog from Pyramid and had intended to order from them, but after reading these reviews decided to toss the catalog and save my money! Thank you for the warnings!
Reply to tarnold

Jul 06, 2011
:?
I ordered several items of the course of a few weeks. They all arrived in good condition, though it did take three weeks. I payed 250$ for all my items plus shipping. Then I payed another 10$ a month for six months to Shopping Essentials, which I was signed up for without my permission! What a scam!
Reply to Melanie

Apr 11, 2011
:grin I have been pleased with all of my purchases from Pyramid and I have been buying from them for years. Sorry to hear of all the problems......;-(
Reply to Kathy

Mar 08, 2011
I have been intrigued by the dresses in the Pyramid Collection's catalogue for quite some time, but it was a while before I actually purchased anything, until now. I doubt that I will be ordering from them again. We'll see. They are a bit overpriced. Some of the bracelets made with Swarovski crystals I could make myself for less than ten bucks. In fact, I do make and sell my own bracelets like those. I only charge $15. They sell them for $50. Anyway, I ordered a short paisley dress from The Pyramid Collection. In the picture, it is narrow at the waist and flows outward towards the bottom. Perfect for an hour-glass figure like myself, or so I thought. I am 5'7" 140 lbs. I ordered a small, because from past experience, catalogue clothing tends to run larger for me. I ordered via rush shipping. 3-4 business days for CST. It took 7. Save your five bucks. As for the overall quality of the material, it was okay...a few loose strands here and there. As for the shape, it was atrocious. I looked like I was wearing a potato sack. Very misshapen, not flattering at all. It was also still too big, but I don't think exchanging for a smaller size will help b/c of the lack of shape to the dress, overall. It looks like a complete rectangle. I guess the model must have been hiding a bunch of safety pins behind her to fake that sexy, form-fitting shape to the waist in the pic. :roll
Reply to Tabitha

Read next Shopping Essentials complaint

shoppingessentials/pyramidcollection/stitchery

i was recently checking my cc statement and found that shoppingessentials and the pyramid collection...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Shopping Essentials.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug