• show-popup

Shares 0

Shoppers Advantage - What is TLG and why do they have my money?

• by   Jul 01, 2008
  • 62 comments
  • Review #: 125961
Company Shoppers Advantage
Location St. Louis, Missouri
Category Advertisements and Cons
Views 805

I have been billed from TLG Shoppers Advantage. They have been billing me for a long time now. I have never heard of TLG nor have I EVER agreed to do anything with these people.

Now, I keep getting bills on my bank statements. And what do I get in return from TLG? Nothing. I have never ONCE received anything from them. And- I have called MANY times to get it to end. Has it? NO.

This seems very out exchange. Its is known all over the world that if you get something from someone or a company you get an exchange of some kind. Weather it be money or a product. I have not received a thing from this company. And I am NOT happy.
2dd0690

Comments (62) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 62 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Mar 04  from Bronx, New York
My mother in law has been paying these scammers for over 12 years 149.99 for maybe every month. I called and they ignore you when you call them criminals. Something has to be done about these people!
Reply to Mama

Apr 24, 2013
I was looking more carefully at my online banking, and suddenly noticed a charge that I had previously noticed, but ignored. With online banking, so many entries are abbreviated and you don't think much about it, until one day you finally notice there is an 800-number attached. I called the number and cancelled, and was given a confirmation number. Naturally, she tried to get me to keep it for whatever reason, but I firmly said "just cancel!" When I looked back through my bank records, I have been paying $16.99 per month for 7 months! I would never have agreed to something like that - no way! How on earth do these things happen? Then I looked through my emails and found the welcome email to Shoppers Advantage, but find no mention of monthly charges. I'll check back in next month to share whether or not it got permanently cancelled.
Reply to Scammed

Apr 24, 2013
I am replying to my own message from 3 minutes ago. I looked at the email again, and at the bottom, after lots of verbiage, they indicate that after the first month when you pay only $1.00, you will be billed $16.99 per month. Unfortunately, most of us usually only lightly scan those agreements, easily missing that critical informtion. I probably thought I was getting the information I wanted for $1.00. I likely wanted information right away on a particular product. I guess it's a lesson learned!
Reply to Scammed

Apr 17, 2013  from Vernon, British Columbia
:(Somehow I got sucked into the same scam. I too had buyer's remorse and phoned back to cancel,I thought that was it....but lo and behold on my credit card statement the charges were there for 16 months ($300.00+). When I did this I was in Yuma and now home in Canada. Can't use the 1-800# here. Has someone checked with a lawyer? I have a lawyer cousin in Vancouver, BC, I will give her a call and see what can be done...maybe a letter from her would help. I will post what I find out. Anyway BUYER BEWARE...if it looks too good then it probably isn't real. :cry
Reply to mad mad mad and even MADDER

Oct 23, 2012
you been taking my money for a long time with out my premission stop doing it do know how you got it but stay off of my money do not be chargeing my checking account no more THANK YOU :(
Reply to Rosilyn Dobbins

Jan 30, 2013  from Charlotte, North Carolina
This happened to me today and I immediately contacted my back. They refunded my money within minutes but had to cancel my debit card. If you haven't done so yet contact your bank and let them know that fraudulent activity from this company and they should refund u all the money TLG has taken from u if its a good and decent bank. Good luck!
Reply to aacathey

Oct 11, 2012
Yell keep takeing money out my bank makeing me over daft u have to get my money back
Reply to Jennifer Sibbley

Jul 31, 2012
ive been getting billed for 5 months now by TLG shoppers and just found out today when my account went negitive who the *** are they and how do i get my money back or to get them to stop??????????? or who do i have to Sue because i have no problem with that military JAG will have no problem with this. :(
Reply to Allen Barker II

Jul 13, 2012
i don't how this company or whatever it's suppose to be get my account no.they took money from my account yesterday when i checked the balance on card,what can be done about these scamers.
Reply to delym

Jun 24, 2012
I wish to cancel this service, as I never sighned up for it. Thiis is a kind of fraud. Please delete my e-mail and snail mail immediately.
Reply to smurray19@columbus.rr.com

Jun 24, 2012
Reply to smurray19@columbus.rr.com

Apr 17, 2012
I got a double charge from them leading to my card being declined at a store which is embarassing to the least I called my account holder and reported my account compromised and now no more charges!!
Reply to ep

Apr 12, 2012
I have called these so called people 4 times now and canceled the account 3 times now and I just found out they billed me again!!!! :( I plan to let the BBB and see if I can sue their skanky butts for this!!!!
Reply to I will not tell you but will s

Mar 14, 2012
I got billed 16.99 today, I cancelled my membership 3 months ago because I was not going to use their 25 bucks coupon towards the next flight, they even gave me a membership cancellation number, these guys are ***,
Reply to Franklin

Mar 05, 2012
TLG Shopper and TLG Great Fun stole 19.99 each from my elderly mothers account. After 6 different phone numbers, she finally got some one to say they would give her a refund for one of the charges. We will see. Everyone needs to file a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office. Give them this info: TLG Shoppers (Trilegiant Corp), 6 High Ridge Park, Stamford CT 06905, service@shoppersadvantage.com, 800-526-4848. Website is shoppersadvantage.com. Good luck.
Reply to Merk

Mar 03, 2012
i have some good news for some of you who would like to teach them a lesson on stealing our money.today i have also been hit on my account and called my lawyer right away.they can be sued for what they are doing and i intend on doing so.please dont let them get away with this.we need to stick togeather this is fraud and identity theft.whats next college funds or how about waking up to an eviction notice because they stole you rent money.fight back and let them know we are americans and yes we do have rights!!!!!GOD BLESS and good luck to all.let me know how it goes.much love the tearney family.
Reply to theresa

Apr 17, 2013  from Vernon, British Columbia
I feel used and abused, this is the first time anything like this has ever happened to me. They got over $300.00 from me, however, I am Canadian, so I am trying to get help here.
Reply to mad, mad, mad, and even MADDER

Mar 02, 2012
I signed up for a dollar from what they told me for a hundred dollar gas card and never recieved it then I called them to cancel and they said it was taken care of now I have been charged 19.99 since november. :(
Reply to Chris

Mar 01, 2012
There number is 1-800-222-0304. Found out the owner's name is Mike Rappapport. They are a complete rip off. Do not be surprised that when you call, they say "it's not us" and you get sent to voicemail. Keep calling back!!
Reply to TLG Travel Montvale NJ

Feb 20, 2012
greatfun has taken out of my elderly mothers checking account $19.99 month for Jan. Luckily we found it this early I called greatfun and they are supposed to credit the account I called the bank to stop any futher charges and they said also a shoppers advantage had taken 19.99 out in Feb. Greatfun said my mother called them which I do not believe. scam scam scam scam..When I find out how this happened the store or stores will be getting nothing but bad comments from me. This is ridicuous and upsetting to my mother. She has been promised a credit of all of the amounts taken. So we will see. Now she is getting a new debit card and the bank is helping her do an appeal of the charges if these credits do not come about. They also told me she had a $40.00 gift card on the way. Big deal..We just want this to stop.
Reply to mad as can be

Read next Shoppers Advantage complaint

Can never cancel this account!

I got talked into joining Shoppers Advantage in 2003.By 2005 I decided to cancel this account.I noti...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Shoppers Advantage.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug