• show-popup

Location Henderson, Nevada
Category Supermarkets and Malls
Views 490
Monetary Loss

Dont sign up with Shoppers advantage or Great Fun, they mislead you and charge you for two different memberships without telling you.I signed up for Great Fun through a purchase at Spirit Airlines and next thing you know Im getting charged from Great Fun and Shoppers Advantage.

The two companies are affiliated and sign you up at the same time for the other one making you think it is only one monthly fee you are paying. Then you call them and they both point the finger at the other one as to who is at fault. Spirit Airlines should not allow them to promote anything through the purchase of their airfare.

Spirit Airlines you lost a customer to a company/s who are scamming your clients. 2e59cbc

Comments (10) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Mar 14
The same thing happened to me. After cancelling the GREAT Fun, which I stupidly signed up through a purchase at Spirit Airlines. I cancelled this service after two weeks. Now, months later, I am getting a charge to my credit card by this service "ShoppersAdvantage" which I don't recall signing up nor have EVER used.
I am disputing the charge with my credit card.
Reply to msan5800

Nov 06, 2013
Spirit airlines is the biggest scam. I payed $88.98 for a flight from ny to ft lauderdale and then you have to pay $35 for a carry on, another $5-10 to print your ticket at airport and you have to pay for drinks and snacks on board.. It's ridiculous. I am only flying with Jet blue from now on. I hope spirit airlines goes out of business you crooks.
Reply to Mike

Oct 11, 2013  from Irving, Texas
Spirit Airlines you lost another customer to a company/s who are scamming your clients. more over I did not get the $25 rebate, just lost some dollars.
Reply to kaji

Oct 01, 2013  from Stone Mountain, Georgia
thanks so much. I googled while waiting on hold for these folks. I appreciate the sharing. :)
Reply to Anonymous

Aug 20, 2013
Thank you! I nearly signed up but got confused while talking with Great Deal.
Reply to Flyboy

Nov 01, 2012
I was thinking about it but thought of google just in case. Thanks to your comments, I skipped the headache.
Reply to Anna

Aug 29, 2012
So I'm not the only one!!! This is a total scam and incredibly annoying. They called me after I bought (incredibly overpriced) concert tickets and then somehow I got billed by BOTH Great Fun and Shoppers Advantage. I had to cancel my debit card because I thought they would keep charging me!! They trick you into thinking its one company, nope, now I have two 'bills' for over $40...seriously?? I don't have time for this, when they called a second time I tried to cancel and guess what? They just hung up on me. WOW; DO NOT ANSWER THESE PEOPLE!!!
Reply to Emily

Aug 27, 2012
Just discovered today that I fell prey to the exact same scam via the purchase of concert tickets over a year ago. Was apparently signed up for Great Fun (I was told about this) and Shoppers Advantage (did not know about this one), and within the allotted time cancelled the Great Fun membership (email from them worked just fine). Have never received anything from Shoppers Advantage but they have been charging my CC $17 per month for a year. They claim they have been sending emails to me, none of which I have ever received. Stay away from Great Fun and Shoppers Advantage!!!!!! They are SCAMMING the public.
Reply to Wes

Aug 22, 2012
Months ago my husband got hooked into signing up for Great Fun. It took weeks to get this all cancelled. We even got a new credit card number to prevent their fraudulent billing,but they got the new account number somehow and began billing us for Shoppers Advantage. This is pure fraud. Mu credit card company, today, blocked them for ever billing us again.
Reply to Doris

Aug 01, 2012
While waiting for the confirmation page to upload on Spirit Airlines a window appeared saying to call 1-888-800-5241 to receive a $20 rebate towards this ticket. When I called a representative by the name of T------ Washinton informed me that it was a free promotion just for choosing Spirit. She then offered me travel rewards I said "NO I DO NOT WISH TO SIGN UP FOR ANYTHING" She then proceeded to recite the promotion again saying it was "ONLY $1". Again I said "NO NOT INTERESTED". I checked my credit card transactions and it showed a $2 charge pending in addition to the airfare charge. I quickly alerted my credit card fraud department. Please beware! Shame on you Spirit Airlines
Reply to roti

Read next Shoppers Advantage complaint

ripp off

i am so pissed ,,if someone doesnt want your services..why do you continue to charge overdraft...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Shoppers Advantage.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug