• show-popup

Company Sexton Dental Clinic
Location Jacksonville, Florida
Category Dental Services
Views 1996

The service at Sexton Dental Clinic was rude, lack of explanation, and uncaring. Was not allowed to consult with family member. They removed all the teeth but four. The dentures were made wrong and have not fit from the time we left the clinic. It has been over four months now and we
are having a dentist in Jacksonville, Florida make dentures that are usuable. I would never recommend anyone to this place. It is a butcher shop. I have not been able to eat a solid meal
and have lost a lot of weight and had to have doctor
care due to not being able to eat. This has been
a very painful experience. Their no refund policy adds insult to injury and allows them to do whatever.
Patty 2d69ef8

Comments (44) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 44 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Apr 04  from Salt Springs, Florida
Wish I had read this before I went there. Cruel and crude work. It I weren't so upset and sick I'd write more. Just don't go there. Sjreamsnyder
Reply to Sjresnyder

Oct 21, 2013
very bad customer service wanting to charge 112.00 to pull a tooth.... will never return
Reply to tee

Apr 23, 2013  from Charlotte, North Carolina
I went there 7 years ago and had 13 teeth pulled. Yeah, I hurt for a while. And I did have to adjust my temp dentures with a nail file a couple times, but I got a great set of teeth at a ever greater price. The doctor was a smartass, but skilled. I am finally at the point where I can afford my permanent dentures and could not imagine going anywhere else to get them. Best. Dental place.ever.
Reply to Ookie

Nov 24, 2011
Just came back. Very pleased with the experience. I had been under the understanding from local dentist that I needed a lot of work, to the point dentures would be easier.

The doctor at Sexton said no, they don't pull teeth just be pulling them, other than 4, the rest just needed filling.

Saved me a lot of money. I appreciate that and the honesty.

It's a busy place. The staff moves very quick to accommodate the number of people that show up. Don't expect it to be like going to your local dentist.

I know three others that have been there. That makes 4 of us. 3 are very pleased, one, not so much. But, he'd go back if he needed too :)
Reply to Bob

Oct 01, 2011
I've been to Sexton's three times now with my most recent yesterday. Everytime they have been great! I never once felt uncomfortable. They have a very relaxed setting each time that helps with the process. The staff got me in and out in a flash and always asked me what I wanted to get done. I will gladly return for my dental needs. Thanks y'all! :)
Reply to Jimmy E.

Sep 09, 2011
I took my son to Sexton on his 50th birthday to have his remaining teeth removed, and plates made. I needed new dentures, so thought this would be a good opportunity to kill two birds with one stone, and spend some quality time with my son. The dentist looked in my sons mouth for about 2 minutes, and refused to pull his teeth - although they were worn down into the quick, and causing him much discomfort (he survives on orajel), dentist said he had good roots and refused to pull them. He went next door to a competitive clinic, and they were ready to go ahead immediately to the tne of $4500. So what I'm seeing here, is false advertising.
They offer to pull your teeth for $18 each, only specifying an additional fee if they are wisdom teeth, but when it begins to look complicated, they refuse to do it.
I went ahead and had my denture made. This is my 3rd set, so I didn't just fall off the punkin truck. I always have to "adjust" a bit with a dremel tool, but it always works
out. When they fitted the new denture, I couldn"t elieve it - they hurt everywhere, I even questioned if these were my dentures
I was assured they were. I had them grind on them some, and got nowhere. I had been
waiting off and on since 6AM, and this point was disgusted and wanted to go home. Told the girl I would work on them myself. She said I looked like the kind that owned a dremel tool, and sent me on my way. MISTAKE
I've been trying to fit these
... Show more
Reply to Ed Stratton

Jul 13, 2011
To any and all prospective patients of Sexton Dental who are reading these comments, I implore you to disregard any and all claims that this practice is a "scam". For two years I've been too self-conscious to smile because of horribly damaged/decaying front teeth.

Why? Well first, let me tell you what *IS* a scam: dental insurance. They take a chunk out of every paycheck, then cover just enough for maintenance...which I guess is useful if you don't have any serious dental problems, but do have too much money. Coverage doesn't begin until months after you've been paying for it. They offered no coverage for "unnecessary extras" like anesthesia for extractions. If you've arrived at this page and are considering Sexton, you already know this.

Two days ago, I went there and got full treatment over the course of about 8 hours, and that includes examinations, x-ray, consultation, 8 extractions, impressions, upper and lower immediate dentures, prescriptions, and aftercare plan. I took a picture of my big beautiful smile on my cellphone as soon as I was back in the car, and sent it to my mother. Total price: a little over $500.

Now check the math. If you think that's a scam, your problems are more mental than dental.

As for the quality of the staff, that's a separate matter. Some people have said they were rude.

Were they rude to me? No, not at any point. Maybe I just got lucky and got the right people on the
... Show more
Reply to Eric

Jun 26, 2011
I went to sextons and had to be rushed to the hospital!! They suck!! They killed somebody also!! The doctors @ the hospital thought I was going to make it either!! Know roots are place upon them!!!
Reply to sexton sucks

Jun 03, 2011
I made a trip to Sextons Dental Clinic on 6/02/11.I had read some of those whiney comment and I was concerned. I was welcomed at the front door by the lovely Elaine,smiling and joking at 6am.I went thru the paperwork and was told by a smiling lady which way to go.The whole clinic was so well organized you had very short waits between the people you have to see.The whole day was professional back I was made to feel wanted. Dr. Scott was knowledgably,professional,caring and keeped a smile the whole time.As he worked he told me everything before it happened .I honestly felt nothing ,I felt nothing even from the 5 shot .I didn't know I had gotten the shots.When the extractions where done he had to tell me he was finished.If you are thinking about trying out Sexton's .There is nowhere in the country that match the Professionalism,Friendliness,Cleanliness and State of the art facility.
Reply to ccokermn

Mar 30, 2011
Agree totally with u fl girl....n for all that feel mistreated...at the endof the day.....who have u mistreated? Honestly.....let God deal with them, and I can trully say its no scam, and for. What u r spending DO NOT EXPECT to put california in ga....so u want better dentures PAY FOR THEM, they actually have more expensive ones....buy em or pay for what "ur money" can afford n STOP complaining! Sheeesshhh! I don't care who is rude to me as long as they don't invade my box..they r good! So I will say yep ssexton is on point! Ima 38 yr old woman who had to have all my teeth removed at the age of 34 because of sickle cell issues n sexton was all I could afford n I'm good! So trust they r cool...n u may just get a rude person when u go...it may b suesue,or maemaee,but maemae may have been nice to charlie on wed n suesue was rude to him on thurs,but nice to mary on mon sooooooo get over urself n stop taking their stress so personal. U go work there n deal with dif personalities day in n day out.."up close n personal". People will sue thaz what dey do...n RIP but people do die also...thaz what God do.

BEZ FOLK BIG UPS TO SEXTONß U MADE ME SMILE AGAIN..n that day! Soooo thanks!
Reply to sickle cell queen

Mar 22, 2011
I have been 2 times to Sexton Dental Clinic and bot times i still cant wear my teeth thats 1000 throwed out the window plus gas motel n etc . And 80 % of the people are rude lie bout the prices .
Reply to Cindy in Ga

Mar 07, 2011
I went to Sexton Dental Clinic on Friday, March 4th, 2011 and here is my experience.1. I have read people complaining that they treat you like a little kid or a herd of cattle by making you line up. WHAT A JOKE! PLEASE! It is nothing like that. They open the doors and ask you to form a line at the check in desk. What is the big deal about that? You would normally form a line in any other dr office is there were people a head of you there. They have NO choice, but to do this because of the number of people that show. Okay so I get to the check in desk, the lady there was a little rude to me, her name was Elainor or Elaine? Excuse spelling. She asked me what I was there for, told me to remove all jewelry from neck up and I was sent to a little window area where I talked to Sally whom was nice, filled out my paperwork and then was sent to the next waiting room. I was number 6. They had no clocks around and my cell was turned off so can\'t tell you what my waiting times were. But not too long after, I was called to the back to get my xray and exam. The lady who did my xray was nice.2. EXAM - My exam was done by Dr. Scott. He was neither rude nor friendly to me. He was straight to business which did not bother me because like I said, he wasn\'t rude. I had wanted to get my upper teeth pulled and denture then a partial in my lower teeth. He immediately told me upon looking at my xrays and doing an exam that I would not be getting that done. He explained that he would remove my... Show more
Reply to Florida_Girl

Mar 01, 2011
I am going this Friday, March 4th. I will be leaving Thursday night. I wish I had more choices, but money is just so tight and I can't afford anywhere else and this is something that needs to be taken care of. I will post my experience when I get back which I pray will be a good one!
Reply to Florida_Girl

Feb 15, 2011
That patient that won $2 million because Sexton pulled 13 wrong teeth is probably not complaining.

Neither is the patient that died in 2009 after being sedated.
Reply to Get Serious

Feb 06, 2011
Traveled over 1000 miles to Sexton. Had everything worked out ahead of time by phone, or so I thought. Dentist refused to pull my teeth when I got there, after "looking" in my mouth for 2 seconds. Wouldn't even let me talk. He was the rudest person I have ever had to deal with. The whole place treats you like they are herding cattle, not dealing with human beings. Three previous dentists have said I needed my teeth out, but this guy says no, without even actually looking at them.
They are out to get your money, period! Don't waste your time!!!!...even if they try to convince you that everything is set up ahead of time. IT'S ALL A SCAM!!!!
Reply to HORRIBLE!!!! SCAM !!! DON'T

Jan 27, 2011
had a very positive experience at sexton dental in florence....everyone was kind, friendly and professional with the exception of one. Dr. Clark was a sweetheart...caring and compassionate and took more than enough time to explain everything in detail. The nurses were all very nice and the nurse anethetist was exceptional! Everyone from registration to the end of my visit was great!! The one exception was Claudia....she was rude, impatient and generally unprofessional and unfortunately she was the last person I saw that day...too bad she had to ruin an otherwise totally positive experience.
Reply to jg@mb

Jan 26, 2011
I went to Sexton Dental Clinic 13 years ago. I had 16 extractions done and replaced with upper and lower partials. Other than the usual sorness from extractions I have never had any problems with my partials. The staff is a little rushed but overall was very nice and helpful and friendly. I have been treated much worse and given much less information and attention by some of the high cost denist and their offices that I have seen before and after my visit to Sexton Dental.
Reply to mildred

Dec 28, 2010
Went to sexton to get upper and lower dentures --one tooth fell out within 4 days and I had to pay for it to be replaced because it had a gold crown. My bottom dentures have sides are uneven (one side longer than the other side) Another time one tooth fell out in the top--no charge this time and the third time 2 teeth fell out from the bottom--no charge..(These three times were within a year and a half after purchase). I had dentures before this from another dentist for about 10 years and not one denture fell out. When sexton gets your money they do not care whether you are satisfied or not.
Reply to Lee

Oct 21, 2010
Yesterday was my first visit there and all i can say is TERRIBLE and crucial PAIN:(
Reply to quan

Read next Sexton Dental Clinic complaint

made a upper partial

I went to sexton dental for a upper partial and waited 8 hrs for it,and it did not fit!they ground i...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Sexton Dental Clinic.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug