• show-popup

Company Secard Pools
Location Los Angeles, California
Category Building Services
Views 142

I have been a customer of Secard for more than 20 years.I buy above ground pool liners because I can't afford inground.

They used to make a good liner that lasted for about ten years. The last liner I bought lasted two years. They refused to honor the warranty that was supposed to be 10 years on the seams. They don't even answer phone calls or emails.

Their price for a liner with an expandable bottom is the best I can find, even beating the internet so I'm stuck.

Be careful.If you buy liners from them, be aware that they will be friendly when you order but that's it. 2d4e643

Comments (7) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Aug 13, 2012
I am in the market for a pool and was about to get an Islander pool. Luckily, I searched for reviews and found this. I guess I will look for a different company.
Reply to Fredd

May 14, 2012
I deal with the SeaCard near Main St. and Chapman in Orange, CA.

I had the same "defective liner" problem.

THEY DO NOT HONOR THE 10-YEAR WARRANTY.

Now, with another defective liner that I had to purchase, I have been dealing with these fools since late February (2012) to get a free replacement... NOT ONCE HAVE THEY RETURNED A CALL OR EMAIL!

Right now I am preparing Small Claims Court paperwork to sue them for $4K+.

jjj_m@sbcglobal.net
Reply to Jerome T Hohn

Apr 24, 2013  from Los Angeles, California
Let me know how your small claims suit goes. We have been dealing with this company and their inferior product for 10 years. Nothing but a headache.

Mar 11, 2012
I had the same experience with a liner and I was told it was "user error". However when I had a former employee install a new liner he told me the old liner was cut too short!!! Not only did I get a better liner but I found out they were alot cheaper than getting another from Secard.
Reply to Mike Johnson

Apr 24, 2013  from Los Angeles, California
We had the exact same problem. We have gone through three liners in ten years. Every time we get the same song and dance from Bobby Cannon. It's always our fault in that we don't take care of it to the same excuse "something's don't last for that long when exposed to the environment". They never installed it correctly and and after we told them, got the same answer, that it is installed properly. The liner was cut too short thus making the corners stretch and tear. Their product is inferior and their customer service is substandard. They don't back up their warranty in the hopes you will resign and just purchase another liner. Well, we won't be doing so this time. We plan to go with a competitor. I truly regret getting this secard pool.

Aug 08, 2011
It’s great to hear that this customer has been with us for over 20 years and that they are happy with our friendly service. However, we never like our clients to feel like one of our products is inferior. Quality as well as value is very important to us. Unfortunately it is sometimes difficult to tell what is a quality issue and what may have been caused by user error. Regardless, I hope this individual will contact me so we can try to get this issue straightened out for them.

Bob Cannon
Operations Manager
Secard Pools
Reply to Bob Cannon

Apr 24, 2013  from Los Angeles, California
You are not true to your words, Mr. Cannon. You were at our house today and not only were you arrogant, but you had no intention to satisfy or have any concern over our repeated complaints. You left us with the impression that you don't care your liners don't last for their warrantied period, but thought it was nothing for us to shell out more money for a third liner in ten years. We intend to make our opinions known to consumers. You have a habit of always blaming the "user". You don't make an effort to let the customer know of potential problems with the liners or ways to solve problems such as covers, etc. (which were NEVER relayed to us). instead you are banking on the fact that you want to blame the consumer and hope to sell another liner so your company makes money. Shame on you and your company.

Read next Secard Pools complaint

Really some people only can ***!

Have dealt with Secard for many years when it come down to pumps, pool decks and supplies.Some peopl...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Secard Pools.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug