• show-popup

Shares 0

Sears Appliance Repair - DON'T BUY SEARS, KENMORE, OR LG.

• by   Dec 07, 2013
Location Rockford, Illinois
Category Repairs
Views 36
Monetary Loss

Approximately four years ago we purchased a Kenmore (LG manufactured) refrigerator from Sears.Approximately the same time we also purchased a Samsung Microwave but not from Sears.

Recently the microwave touch panel failed and we contacted Samsung to determine how costly the repair would be. The customer service rep explained that Samsung had a problem with the touch board and that the company would make the repairs without any cost to us. When the serviceman came to make the repairs we had a discussion about Samsung and the wonderful way they wanted to make things right, even after a period of four years. At the same time I explained to him that we had some plastic parts crack or break inside our refrigerator and how I didn't think that the manufacture (LG) was using quality parts.

The serviceman suggested that we contact LG and explain the problem. The plastic shelf support rollers that broke and the deli drawer pull that had a crack where actually very small parts of a Kenmore/LG refrigerator that cost over $2500.00, but very disturbing on a expensive refrigerator. When I called LG they stated that they no longer made appliances for Sears/Kenmore and that I should call Sears. They could have cared less and that attitude showed.

I contacted Sears and the representative was caring and said she would pass the information to the proper people. Later I received a call and was told "sorry, but you should have purchased a warranty plan" and refused to even consider the thought of keeping a customer happy. Since Sears and LG could care less we decided to leave the broken, cracked parts and therefore we can show any guest to our home what you can get from this manufacture and retailer. We are also happy to tell people how Samsung takes care of there customers.

WE NOW REFUSE TO PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM SEARS, IN ANY DEPARTMENT, AND WE ALSO REFUSE TO PURCHASE ANY LG PRODUCT FROM ANY RETAILER. NO MORE SEARS, NO MORE KENMORE,& NO MORE LG. We recently had to make two purchases and when the end choices were between Samsung and LG there was no choice. SAMSUNG WINS.

We are always happy to discuss with friends and family why they should review and consider Samsung products.In the end we do believe that they are actually buying a better product. 304a506

Comments (4) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jan 18  from Charleston, South Carolina
I've got one better! I got a 5 yr. warranty contract and they told me they "Don't service my area!" I live 15 miles from the store!! Was on hold for 4 hrs., honestly, and they are trying to hire an outside contractor to fix my ice maker on my lousy LG Trio refrigerator. Am I pissed? Yeah, just like you.
Reply to mamagoo

Jan 10
According to financial news, Sears continues to struggle. One would think that the company would be doing whatever possible to improve their business. One well known way to do this is to provide excellent customer service. Obviously upper management at Sears is not savvy enough to tackle this company problem and thus improve their bottom line.

Someone from Sears management should be required to read every complaint and train employees to resolve issues resulting in satisfied customers.

Our experience this week with Sears repair and a new garage door opener is so detailed that I doubt anyone on this site would have the patience to read through it so I will just say the whole experience was an utter disaster, including the service technician and two Sears representatives on the phone while he was at our home.

Unfortunately we also purchased an expensive Sears Kenmore refrigerator a few months ago. Even though we purchased the protection plan I shudder to think what will happen if heaven forbid we ever have a problem with it.

Our next appliance purchase will either be from Home Depot or Lowes.

I was thinking about closing my Sears Charge Account, but I'm sure no one at the company would give a hoot.
Reply to Missy

Dec 07, 2013  from Columbia, Kentucky
After four years and probably much use, plastic breaks and things wear out. That's the way it is. You expect too much and were spoiled by the result you got from Samsung---you are the exception, not the rule I can assure you. Samsung is not known for either quality products not good customer service. I suspect they were so helpful to you because they knew of the problem and were probably sued or afraid of being sued for their negligence in making the appliance.

However, I do agree with you on not buying anything from Sears. They are definitely not the Sears, Roebuck & Co. we grew up with.
Reply to nikalseyn

Dec 17, 2013  from Chicago, Illinois
I really don't know where you get you information on Samsung. They have been manufacturing products for Sony for years. Also if this is your experience we will consider that you might be the exception, not the rule and this is DEFINATELY not our experience with the Samsung products we own. I also do not feel that a refrigerator costing over $2500.00 is expected to break or wear out, especially in a home with only two adults. Good luck on you purchases.
Reply to Anonymous

Read next Sears Appliance Repair complaint

Vacuum Repair

$45 wasted on slow diagnosis, poor diagnosis, inadequate information to make informed decision.The s...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Sears Appliance Repair.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug