• show-popup

Location Centreville, Virginia
Category Advertisements and Cons
Views 562
Monetary Loss

Scambook is the fraud and will steal your personal information to their advantage.Scambook prays on innocent consumers.

Thereafter, they put complaints under businesses name without investigating the matter. For the business to get the information off, Scambook ask the business for money to take the complaint off. They sent us an e-mail in writing stating this, they want to blackmail our company to , pay or they leave the information up.

These people are *** artist and they want consumers to file complaints for them to make the business pay them, thereafter they take the complaint down.File your complaints somewhere else. 3059eb0

Comments (13) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Mar 09, 2013
Scambook.com is a group of class action suit attorneys who have an open forum where consumers can post complaints about businesses on their website Scambook.com. Scambook.com then contacts the business that was the victim of the post and solicits money for the removal of the post. They have a website called: Scambook Business Resolve Complaint Resolution & Reputation Management.
And Lucy your update is completely false. An email was received from their dispute resolution department by a victimized business on March 9. 2013.

Reply to marcellino

Jan 31, 2013
Scambook also called our company claiming to settle everything but got no assurance of resolution.

The person who called us is Zak and got no other details he claims to be a scambook investigator. Rip off....
Reply to BENZ

Aug 03, 2012
Scambook called me from "310-388-4865" and basically wanted to confirm that they had my personal info. They did.
Reply to eeck

Jul 29, 2012
Well as I have said before in other posts, the best thing you can do is if you receive an email from scambook.com about your business is to speak to your local law enforcement and have them forward the email to the FBI.

Let Law Enforcement handle this and that goes no matter where your Internet Business is in te world, report them your Federal Police Authorities.

Then follow it up with your Congressman and Senator.

Scambook is trying to do this Internationally, they will come unstuck and don't forget to make sure you contact every one in the media you know.
Reply to Tony

Apr 17, 2012
Hi scambook.com is fake they not only ask you for money to remove the complaint, also the owners are unhappy costumers from some adult affiliate program that kick them out after they were found cheating them. So now they start to run a campaign of complaints against that affiliate network spreading untrusted words generated by them self with fictitious "pissed costumers". Please let me know if there is a way to fill a real complaint against scambook.com
Reply to John

Mar 12, 2012
ScamBook Must Be Owned By The Stalker Hacker Network !!!

I Have A Stalker Mentally ill Hacker Sociopath That Has Posted Anonymously With A Phony Profile With No Contact Information and No Accountability !!!

Totally Absurd !!!

The FBI Or Secret Service Should Shut These People Down !!!

Thank-You, John Pierce, JohnHollywoodPierce
Reply to John Pierce JohnHollywoodPierc

Mar 07, 2012
Scambook ruined my business and my personal life because they let people lie and they do nothing about it. We are in the process of filing a class action lawsuit
Reply to We are suing

Mar 01, 2012
Scambook.com HAS blackmailed us as well! Just today!
They need to be taken DOWN.
One person made a false claim against us. We asked to be able to prove that this was a lie - but, yet they tagged this one false claim to where it posted on internet in 3-different places.
They want MONEY to take down. They did not care about proof!
They are THE SCAM of the internet!
Law Enforcement PLEASE take down scambook.com
Reply to Michelle

Feb 28, 2012
No, they are still unwilling to help unless you pay them. I have been dealing with this for over a year.
Reply to Julie

Feb 27, 2012
No, this is still their practice. I received and email from them today regarding this issue. It is still not resolved.
Reply to Sara

Feb 20, 2012
Not true, they are still charging people to remove negative comments about their business. They are stealing posts from other websites to create content and farm you in to pay their fees to remove the posts. In our case the post is completely false. The person posting put our business number on the post and said it was not a valid number which it is and anyone can call it to verify but they will not remove the posting without payment. This company is scamming honest businesses. The posts are not authentic.
Reply to John

Dec 27, 2011
Hi, I want to give an update that SCAMBOOK.com does not ask businesses to do this anymore they are being very careful a claim was also filed to Google. Someone got to them. Thanks for all the support.
Reply to Lucy

Aug 16, 2013
Lucy, your update is not true.
This fraud company still does the very same thing where they went wrong years ago. They are recently trying to blackmail my company.
All the postings on the website need to be verified and their authenticity is seriously doubted. Anyone can post a complaint anonymously which may be coming from a competitor or scambook staff. Even if you can prove in a court of law that the postings are slanderous they are protected by a consumer freedom of information act and they are not allowed to give out those information.
What they are up to is hurting honest businesses and one day when they mess up with the wrong person. People will come out and shut down this ridiculous company.
Reply to Kate

Read next ScamBook complaint

Scambook.com Ruined My Life

I had a struggling business going.I was in debt but was about to get out of debt.Someone wrote a few...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about ScamBook.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug