• show-popup

Shares 0

Sams club tires are seconds

• by   Apr 09, 2009
Location Carthage, Missouri
Category Auto
Views 1084
Monetary Loss

I purchased a set of tires for my car as well as my wifes car.I noticed a vibration in both.

I returened both to the store. They rotated and rebalanced 3 times. The tires were at least 1/4" out of round. Clearly not first line tires.

I will never buy tires there again. The staff could care less about your car. They scrached up the rims on both cars. Got grease on the seat of my car.

When we would return and complain we would have to wait for a long time. Also dont ever fall for the rebates. You will never recieve a check.

The man that runs the dept is Larry Bray.He thinks the more people he screws over the bigger his bonus check will be. 2e81e65

Comments (60) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 60 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Aug 11, 2013  from Albany, Georgia
Ibought my set goodyear tire at sams in p.c. fla. back in 2005
I have over 103000 miles on the tires, I get my tires rotated every
4000to6000 mile at sams for free, and thy are polite and courtious to me never found anybody rude or ugly some of theses are saying.. I,m
going back and get me another set when Ineed them...........
Reply to billy boy

Apr 02, 2013
my buddy's half-sister makes $74 an hour on the laptop. She has been without work for 7 months but last month her pay was $21859 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more on this site ======bit90.com=====
Reply to jnbiooqr

Apr 02, 2013  from Winter Park, Florida
been getting tires from sams for years no complaints, actually do a good job, will buy there again
Reply to calli

Mar 02, 2013  from Indianapolis, Indiana
Had a broken valve stem on a TPMS unit at Sams on Rockville Road in Indianapolis.. It broke when they were rotating the tires.. They waited about an hour and a half before telling me. I had a spare TPMS in my glove box but they refused to install it. The tire guy said it was "Illegal". Store Manager Backed him up. The only thing they would do is put my spare on because of safety concerns. I told them I drive 126 miles a day to work ans It would not be safe for me to wait a week for them to get there certified TMPS in that they could install. They just flat didn't give a hoot.. Took my car to Tire Barn where they installed my TPMS, Balanced the tire and put my spare away for 15 bucks. SAMS CLUB HAS IDIOTS FOR THEIR TIRE SHOP PEOPLE. I Worked for Goodyear for two years and never saw any customer left in the lurch like these guys do... Save yourself some grief and buy tires at a Real tire store.. This place is not worth the hassle .
Reply to billyc

Jan 02  from Louisville, Kentucky
Look up the "Tread Act" and familiarize yourself with the laws concerning TPMS systems. There are federal laws that have to be followed by all tire installers and mechanics. If your spare TPMS sensor did not function, it would have been illegal to install. All sensors must function on a vehicle model year 2007 or newer in order to maintain the legal standard. Any mechanic or shop that allows someone to drive out on a tire with a non-functioning sensor is then legally accountable for any damages that may result after leaving the shop, including individual and corporate fines and jail time. It may do you some good to keep their legal requirements in mind next time. Also, tire barn may have just broken the law. If your sensor does not function properly and you have a wreck and can blame it in low tire pressure, you can bankrupt their company by suing.
Reply to Knowledgeable

Sep 21, 2012
Boom sahaklkaa boom boom, problem solved.
Reply to Jenaya

Jul 18, 2012
Me too my tires rims get scratches and greasy all four tires. Plus my VW logos are missing when I get my car back
Reply to cam

Jul 17, 2012
I've had nothing but the best service from the Sam's located in Waldorf, MD.
They used hand tools and a torque wrench on my trucks and never damaged anything.
I've been buying tires there for 15 years and will continue to do so.
The technicians are trained and though they may not know what I know,they are courteous and respectful and only have the best of intentions.
I'm an Advanced Level Master Automobile Technician that runs a large service facility with 38 years experience.
Reply to Donnie Adkins

Feb 26, 2012
lol.. i worked in the tire department at sams club for about 5 years. they have awesome tires, free rotation, free tire repair. but what people dont understand is that when something goes wrong with the tire its not always the installers fault. ANY tire can break a belt AT any moment. that is nobodys fault but the tire company's.. when you come in jumping down their throat about how they messed up your stuff and dont even listen to an explanation do you really expect to be treated with courtesy and kindness. tire guys are people too.. and the same *** thing could happen at any tire shop. sometimes it is their fault but just be reasonable and respectful and everything should go smoothly. and all yall people complaining about your tires wearing out.. try rotating them every 3 to 5 thousand miles, it helps trust me.. and if they still wear out keep your paper work and your tires will be prorated..
Reply to LOL

Jan 14, 2012
Sam's wouldn't stand behind the junk Chinese pickup tires that I bought.Out of 5 tires that I bought,2 ended up bulging out with broken belts even though the truck sits up most of the time . I dropped my membership because of their "careless" atitude.Their buyers purchased these LT235/85R16 tires from China & don't want to bear any responsibility for their mistakes. The tires don't have 2,000 miles on them. I will never set my feet in a Sam's Club again. They did refund my membership dues back when I told them I no longer wanted their membership.
Reply to Larry Kelley

Apr 07, 2013  from Cincinnati, Ohio
How long did you have your tires
Reply to ase tech

Apr 28, 2013
You get what you pay for when you buy cheap Chinese ***! :upset
Reply to bob

Dec 21, 2011
On the contrary, myself and a friend have had excellent experiences with SAMS club! He had a valve stem problem and they gave him a new tire and money back because the tire was cheaper now than when he purchased it. I have bought a couple sets of tires there and they have kept their word. I got near 100,000 miles on these tires!
Reply to Beth

Dec 11, 2011
Dont buy tires from Sams they wont stand behind the warranty-I have 35 thousand miles on a set of Michelins 195/65R15s with one almost bald that are 80 thousand mile tires. With the other three at 3/10ths. And they wont do a thing. Tires do not last long in southern Fl.
Reply to Timothy

Apr 28, 2013
Try rotating your tires once in while. Sams club does it for free! :grin
Reply to bob

Nov 17, 2011
The reality is that thanks to Walmart's incredible buying power, they get much better pricing than the local guys, so they undercut them every time. I called a couple of tire companies, and asked them if the tires that they sold Walmart / Sams were seconds, and they told me that the tires were the same ones they sold to everyone else, and were first quality.

I'm betting that these stories were posted by local tire shops to take business away from Sams.

Don't take my work for it. Call Michelin, Goodyear and Continental and ask them yourself.
Reply to Jose HoseB.

Oct 29, 2011
Never again Sams Club! I purchased a set of four 60K mile BF goodrich tire 2 1/2 years ago. All 4 tires were totally worn out at 30 thousand miles. After standing in line for 30 min. , while the 2 customers got turned down on warranty related issues, I was told my tires wore out because I only had them rotated 4 times in 2 1/2 years. They told me I should have had them rotated 1 more time to get the warranty. The then offered me a set of michelin tires for retail without any warranty adjustment. I turned them down, went home, and called BF Goodrich. They agreed with me that the tires shouldn't have worn out at 30k miles, and sent me to anothe dealer. Went to Sears and got me a %50 refund on my worn out set towards the purchase of a new set of michelins. I got the new tires put on, and made it home in 1/2 the time sams told me it would take Sams to put on a new set.
The tires had to be defective to begin with. Sears told me that they had beed discontinued, yet sams still had some for sale in their stock.
Reply to Jeff Gant

Oct 24, 2011
Thanks for your comments. Based on all of your feed back I am not going to SAMs for tires.
Reply to Pat

Aug 29, 2011
Yes indeed!!! I spend most nights out following Sam's employees as they put nails on the road outside of customer's homes. I know they do this to sell more tires and get better store grades from upper management. :grin
Reply to John

Read next SAMS Club complaint

Cancel my membership/refused my rebate

I notified "Sam's Club" my husband died. 9/5/08. I thought I was doing the right thing. I didn&#...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about SAMS Club.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug