• show-popup

Shares 0

Rooms To Go - Smelly furniture and late delivery.

Company Rooms To Go
Product / Service Matress Pad
Location Houston, Texas
Category Furniture and Decor
Views 66
Monetary Loss

I purchased a living room set from rooms to go and had to wait three weeks before it was delivered.Not the next day promise because things are on "back order".

When I got the furniture they had a disgusting smell, something alond the line of vomit/*** - to be nice. It was disgusting. You couldn't even sit on the couches because the smell would linger on your clothes. I tried to air out a couple of weeks and finally got tired of it and asked for replacements.

They apparently had over-sprayed a protector on the couches- hence the smell. Unfortunately, the couches had been discontinued so I had to reselect. I couldn't find another set I liked soI got a bedroom set.

Got it delivered a month later and the matress smelled horrible- like mold.DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM!!!! 3080ca3

Comments (3) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Aug 25, 2010
I'm so upset I always read the reviews of any company when I am going to buy something but this time I did not read the review of "Room to Go". I purchased a living room and the first day I felt a bad odor. They changed it for another one (same) and that one had the same odor. Now they told me that if a want chedit I lose 20% of the money I have to pay pick up and delivery. But what really consern me is the 20%, that is a lot of money "Room To Go" Sucks!!!!
Reply to nydia

Aug 12, 2010
I'm sorry to hear about the issues you had with the items that were delivered to your home. I can promise you that this is not a normal occurrence. If possible, I would like to look further into your concerns. If so, please email me your order information at tellus@roomstogo.com.
Reply to David_Johnson

Aug 09, 2010
you people are a bunch of whiners. for a company that does that much business they actually have very few problems per delivery compared to other companies. nobody is perfect. but my experience is that if you buy through a showroom and need help. just call the manager or assistant manager. case in point cavin pugh and rebekah his assistant manager in the austin texas store. they solve issues fast and with courtesy.
Reply to love rooms to go

Read next Rooms To Go complaint

Paid in full but not delivered

Ordered furniture Jul, 22.First available delivery was 8 days later.Armoire arrived broken and deliv...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Rooms To Go.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug