• show-popup

Location Omaha, Nebraska
Category Furniture and Decor
Views 1326
Monetary Loss

we purchased the beachside denim couch and two chairs...we were givin the fabric protection story(that we fell for) and a year later we're still paying for this mistake. i've had 2 or 3 techs at my house that seemed to know less then i did about the product. six different times they have sent me the wrong replacment products(cushions and covers)and to this day i still havent had anything replaced...the slipcovers wont come clean and the cushions are so flat that we're sitting on the frame which is very uncomfortable and not to mention when we have guests....please dont buy anything from this company!!!!!i think i may go drop this s**t on thier doorstep...cindy crawford should be punched in the face for putting her name on this s**t!!!i think i'll send that bi**h the bill... 3030c11

Comments (36) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 36 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Apr 20
Hi I thought I was crazy but I'm having the same problem.I was looking for the slipcovers also.I have had them her also. I was having problems getting them to even come out. The one girl who answered my call charged me 45.00 for coming out ,that is with out knowing if they would replace the cushon.I brought the protection also. They did call me back refunded my money and gave me a new cushion.the covers are stained and won't come out.I love what you wrote, so funny yet so true.
Reply to debii

Feb 14  from Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina
Prices for the slipcover beach house set in white is $335 for the Sofa and $295 for the Love-Seat. I just called. Thats for the entire set.
Reply to Amy

Feb 14  from Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina
I have the Cindy Crawford slip cover couch and love-seat from 5 years ago. Khaki color. I was looking at the newer white one at store. I can buy a new set according to customer service but I don't know if it will fit. Does anyone know?
Also, I was contemplating washing this set but I am nervous. I see the newer white color is pre washed and people seem to wash them fine. Has anyone washed the Khaki set…..dried it?
It's holding up over all reasonably well. I figured you get what you pay for and I payed 1/3 less than I would have for the fancier set at a local furniture store with more designer things.
Reply to Amy

Sep 05, 2013
If anyone has the beachside khaki or white replacement covers and you'd like to sell them, please let me know. I received mine in blue from a family member and so don't have proof of purchase to order the covers in another color. My email is courtleigh77@comcast.net

Thanks!
Reply to Anonymous

Jul 26, 2012
Purchased love seat , sofa cindy Crawford . Cushions hard as a rock to sit on. Also, purchased a pedestal table with four chairs. Glass table top. Fell apart at the base. Technition came out twice to attempt to fix. We said it was not fixable . Rooms to go said we could choose another tablet. We said we wanted a complete refund. They were nasty and stated they don't give refunds. The table is defective !!! We had to go through customer service and talk to a supervisor. She agreed to refund our money. It will take 5-7 days for a refund . I hate this company . Garbage furniture. Beware the quality is bad. I know I am going to have trouble getting my money back. But, i protected myself by having them agree I writing . Don't buy from them ,,,,,
Reply to Linda r

Feb 23, 2012
I have just had a NIGHTMARE we were trying to have a GREAT Christmass, NO NIghtMare, Furniture was not Delivered as promissed Dec. 24, I have E-maile saying it would be Delivered Dec. 24th. So Family here Nothing to sit on, Delivered Dec. 30th Danaged, and Parts missing, parts never sent items not assembled, and No one would return calls. Ms. Sa_ _ or Mr Old_ _ _ _ _. Managers and assentent to the President, ya Right, so every thing picked up Jan26 2012.
This started Dec. 3rd Now what would YOU DO
Reply to Mark Holt

Feb 23, 2012
This started Dec. 3rd Now what would YOU DO
Reply to Mark Holt

Oct 13, 2011
I ordered some accent pillows from rooms to go and was told that I could only get them through the parts department. Check or money order directly to the parts department. Why the actual storefront of the business cant take a part order is beyond mentally deficient. Anyways, being a spirited chap, I went ahead and ordered the pillows, check was confirmed cashed, and I have been waiting now for what has nearly been a month. I just placed a call with the customer service department and they were nearly rude with me and I got an off handed answer that it can take up to 90 days to fill the order if they have to request it from the manufacturer. These pillows are the Cindy Crawford Chastain (spelling?). I dunno, its more of a hassle then I would be willing to go through ever again. From this experience I will not buy from rooms to go and I will make an effort to tell people of this experience if anyone mentions rooms to go or furniture buying. Still waiting for pillows. I cant imagine trying to buy something more substantial from them. I suggest getting furniture from a more reputable place and being treated with some actual customer service instead of what they call talking to a call center that could not possibly care less about your merchandise transaction.
Reply to Brandon

Sep 24, 2011
can the blue denim slip cover on the Cindy Crawford sofa be lightened by bleaching when washing it ? thanks
Reply to lilahhayward8@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2013  from Douglasville, Georgia
I just came from Rooms to Go inquiring about washing or dry cleaning the Cindy Crawford denim set and was told that if I washed it or had it drycleaned, my one year warranty would be NO GOOD. He also told me that the fabric would shrink and I would never be able to get it back on the sofa. I was told that when purchasing that set, I should pay to have it scotch guarded against stains.
Reply to janis

Mar 25, 2013  from Port Saint Lucie, Florida
I have the beachside slip covered couch and love seat. We have washed and dried covers many times with no shrinkage. We have the white set and they come out great.
Reply to Jd

Apr 22, 2013  from Braintree, Massachusetts
I wash mine all the time and it never shrunk. I would liike to replace the cushions but I'm not having luck in doing that.
Reply to Wendy

Apr 28, 2013  from Crystal Lake, Illinois
I wash my cushions and dry them in the dryer once a month. It will screw up the year warranty but the warranty is nonsense to begin with.
Reply to Kris

Feb 24  from Supply, North Carolina
Let the warranty run out first just in case they honor it(haha). Then spot clean, wash on delicate cycle in cold water. I then heavily coat it with scotch guard. RTG does NOT honor their fabric protection plan so I ended up washing myself and it's turned out well.
Reply to Kona girl

May 10, 2013  from Covington, Georgia
my very close friend has this blue demin sofa with kids and dogs and she probably washes the covers atleast once every two weeks more if necessary, there has been no shrinking or maybe only slight and they stretch right back after replacing on cushions, the color has faded somewhat just like when you wash your favorite jeans. my frisnd loves her sofa and so do i very comfortable
Reply to mom c.n.

Jul 20, 2013  from Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
I bought a blue sofa and I also want white. I bleached each piece at a time in a big clear tub and it all came out white. it was a lot of work. I am happy with the outcome.
Reply to Gigi

Aug 13, 2011
Jean......thank you for that information. I have NOT yet purchased the "White" replacement covers.

After thinking about it, realized that like you said, maybe the CSR I spoke with did NOT give me ALL the details. I started to wonder about the pricing she gave me. $285 for a complete sofa cover sounds more in line with custom covers. The $135 she quoted me just for the sofa cover (NO CUSHION COVERS) makes more sense.

That means all the pricing she gave me was just BASE pricing for the chairs and sofa. Now I have to reconfigure my pricing to include cushion covers. I may choose to not do this afterall. It may be more like $600 to recover all my pieces and not sure I want to do that just for decorative purposes.

To those who asked about my "Khaki" cover,No I am sorry...... I am not interested in selling it. It is a keeper.

And I do not want to buy the "Khaki" one as that is what I currently have. I have the darker khaki from 3 yrs ago.

I wanted to purchase "White" for summer and to have 2 covers for my set in case one was to get ruined. I don't know HOW long Cindy is going to be making this style and don't want to get stuck down the road.
Reply to Heather in SE FL

Aug 13, 2011

Reply to Heather in SE FL

Jul 19, 2011  from Dale, Hordaland
Heather, you are in SE FL, so am I, you want Kacki slipcovers for sofa, I want to sell mine (in VG cond, etc.) look on craigslist I will list them
Reply to jean

Jan 22, 2013  from Atlanta, Georgia
If anyone has a set of the khacki slipcovers for the sleeper couch i would be interested in purchasing.
Reply to missmarcia

Read next Rooms To Go complaint

Worst experience in my life!

Rooms To Go in Willowbrook Houston Tx has to most rude, need to get a clue manager John Woods that I...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Rooms To Go.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug