• show-popup

Company Reiman Publications
Location Tampa, Florida
Category Newspapers & Magazines
Views 177

Reiman Publications" Subscription Fulfillment Center at PO Box 5388, Harlan IA 51593-0888 has for three (3) times now, sent me received an invoice for some sort or Cooking magazine that I or my spouse did not order, receive or request a subscription too.I do not know how this company or group obtained my name and address but I suspect it was from a charity or AARP ffor whom I believe, sells their donor or membership roster.

If they persist, I will turn the matter over to the Postal Service for their disposition.

I have already discontinued my yearly charitable donation to organizations due to their repeated requests and continued solicitations.

Do other seniors experience this problem ? 2ffe7ad

Comments (21) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 21 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Nov 18, 2012
A friend of mine who is a senior citizen just recieved a book from Reiman and never oredered it. Reiman is obviously trying to do a shakedown on Senior citizens. Tomorrow I'm contacting the postal inspector.
Reply to Bill Oakes

Apr 17, 2012
I have received past due notices from Reiman for a subscription that is paid for 16 months in advance.When I call, they say that they are updating their system. Can't wait for subscription to run out. I'll buy the magazine at the store.
Reply to Dave Calla

Jan 12, 2012
This is just a note to support many of the earlier comments. Today I received an "INVOICE" marked "PAYMENT PAST DUE" for a publication that I never ordered. The accompanying letter says they have sent the first issue (which I do not recall ever receiving) and that they also previously sent an invoice (which I do not recall ever receiving. I intend to ignore the communication!!!! :?
Reply to David

Feb 25, 2011
I recently was sent "A Taste of Home", within the plastic wrapper was an Invoice - funny enough they had my first and last name the same. I never ordered the magazine although the invoice reads "Thank you for your online order". I called, received an overseas operator that was rude and barely spoke English asking for a copy of my "online order" to be sent to me - they told me they'd note in my file that I didn't wish to pay for the publication I ordered online...after several frustrating explanations that I didn't order the publication, she ended with the answer they'd discontinue the subscription (that I ordered, ugh...) and send me confirmation as to where I ordered it. I have filed a formal complain with the FTC regarding Reiman Publications and Taste of Home Magazine - I suggest all follow suit. Today I just received an email that had a subject line as though it was a friend, with a similar friend's email address, opened it - guess what - it was an email from Taste of Home - the email had 2 buttons - Yes or No to "try their complimentary magazine" - upon rolling my cursor over - either button that I would have hit, would have confirmed that I wanted this magazaine - I don't know how this company remains in business with these types of tactics - I am once again filing a formal complain with copies of the email to the FTC.
Reply to lyndaloo0402

Jan 20, 2011
We too have received "Reminisce" magazine without asking for it. Now we receive threatening letters to pay or they'll contact their collection agency. All of this and insults too.
Reply to Debbie

Nov 01, 2010
reiman keeps sending unwanted cookbooks that i don't want just because i order books that i do want. and it's *** for them to be so pushy and ignorant and greedy.
Reply to carla

Nov 01, 2010  from Erode, Tamil Nadu
For nearly two years, I have subscribed to REMINISCE & REMINISCE EXTRA magazines.
Sadly, I have been billed repeatedly for both magazines even though I had already paid these bills. Even telephoning my requests to your agents, obviously overseas, my orders were never correctly carried out. Rather than pursue dealing with Reiman Publications, after my final issue, hopefully arrives, in February-March, 2013, I shall desist in doing further business with Reiman Publication
Reply to Andy Wolff

Oct 21, 2010  from Beverungen, Nordrhein-Westfalen
Reiman Publications
5400 South 60th Street
Greendale, Wisconsin 53129

Magazines (Orders & Customer Service)
1-800-344-6913

Country Store
1-800-558-1013
Reply to Reiman publications

Oct 11, 2010
:upset This started one day by recieving in the mail a book and side gift. I was gonna send it back not knowing where it came from, but I saw on the back corner it said "compliments of Charlotte W------. My mother in laws full name etc who lives in another state. Well, Therefore I opened it. Weeks later I recieve a bill for $10.00. My name on the bill and all. I called and told them I never ordered it. Mother in law said she did not either but does get a magazine from them. Well, on the phone they are fine as long as I go online print out label and send the stuff to them. They are resolving it but this hassle should not be allowed to happen. Think of how MANY just pay the bill no questions asked...
Reply to bbeck

Jul 20, 2010
I am stuck in the same web everyone here is in. My mother in law ordered Taste of Home for me 2 years ago. Since then I have recieved these unsolicited cook books, which I always return to sender, and now I am getting a bill for one of the books. I have emailed them one last time. My dad is an attorney and I am going to get him to draft a letter and copy the 3 credit companies will all of my correspondence attached begging them to stop. I have also filed with FTC and got a case number but never heard anything back, but I will put that reference number in the letter as well. I'll let you know if it works, but I doubt it. This HAS TO BE ILLEGAL!!!
Reply to JHETTSMOM@HOTMAIL.COM

Jul 19, 2010
i to took this company up on a free issue to check it out,and along with that magazine came a bill. have not tried to reach customer service yet but i will,
Reply to nancy

May 29, 2010
I have had no problems with Reiman Publications that I didn't cause myself! Any cancellations or missed payments have been handled in a very poltie manor. Keep up the good work!
Reply to Duane Helm

Apr 09, 2010
Ugh. I just received a final notice bill from Reiman Publications, and I never heard of this company or ordered anything from them EVER. I made that very clear to costumer service, but the representative was totally nonchalant about it and even tried to sell me the magazines after I managed to get him to cancel them! I also asked how they obtained my information, and all he did was repeat the order information (details about when the magazine/other items were made, my name and address). I asked if I could cancel my account to guarantee that no future orders will ever be made, and he basically told me that he canceled all the orders..and if orders are made in the future they have no choice but to send them. I pretty much told him that I want nothing to do with the company then he asks for my email address so they can send me promotions and additional information. Uhhh...what? Of course I told him I didn't have an email address.

In the end, the bills were retracted (I guess at least there's that?!?)..but I couldn't cancel my account, and my complaints to the representative went no where. What concerns me is that I can actually log on to the account online and they have my name and address and everything, along with the exact dates of when I apparently ordered from them. There's no option to cancel my account online, and I can't even change my name or address.

What is going onnnnnn?!?!
Reply to A.L

Feb 20, 2010
Several years ago, we subscribed for a while to a Reiman magazine, but when they kept sending unsolicited products even though we asked them to stop, we cancelled. A few months ago, we got another unsolicited item; they later threatened to take us to collections if we did not pay. We emailed them on December 28 that we expected them to cease harassment, since we informed them long ago to remove us from their mailings. Instead, we got a collection notice today!
Does anyone know how to get this company off our backs? Harassment is illegal, and that's what Reiman is doing.
Reply to JandNL

Jan 20, 2010
This is my second e-mail I am receiving letters regarding that I owe money for a magizine I have paid for checks have been cashed by the company. I wonder if they can understand reading and writting as I have contacted them many times Forget trying to call as the Phone has been disconnected the Operater at the phone co cannot locate them. I wrote to cancel me from the files I donot want a magizine that I connot trust the Co. or workers they just want money.
Reply to Theresa Luker for Reminisce

Nov 03, 2009
BERNIE MADDOFF PULLED OFF HIS MASSIVE SWINDLE

REIMAN PUBLICATIONS DOES THIS EVERYDAY BY MAIL
SENDING BILLS THAT WERE ALREADY PAID AND BOOKS THAT WERE NEVER ORDERED

AND THE BB AGENCY RATES THEM AS A PLUS
Reply to PAT

Oct 12, 2009
They keep on sendingand charging me for books I NEVER ordered, it has become a pain!!!!,Most of the time they send them without consent, and I am not even in the US to return them!
Reply to Amalia Eidelman

Sep 25, 2009
My wife took them up on their offer for a free issue just to check out the magazine and they have been billing her since. We received a letter today saying the payment was past due and this is the first letter, out of at least a dozen, that had a phone number in it(1.800.344.6913 for those interested)so I called. I got a lady that I could barely understand speaking who knows what language that I let know how upset I was about them trying to scam me. She tells me she will cancel my subscription and I keep arguing with her that was there was no subscription. After she assures me I am off the list and can keep the first issue, which was supposed to be a freebie to begin with, she tried to sell me more magazines. I was like are you kidding me?? Unbelievable company. :(
Reply to Chip B

Sep 23, 2009
I just received my Oct. & Nov. subscription and in it, is a renewal notice. My subscription is up to 2011. Why do I keep getting a renewal notice? Also I gave you a free subscription to a friend and a free gift of a barometer witch I never received. If this continues after this subscription ends, I will not renew. I've been a customer for quit a few years, and I got to put up with this, no way.
Harold S. Dettloff
Reply to Harold S. Dettloff

Sep 15, 2009
I received a bogus bill from Reiman Publications today in the mail. They will get an earful tomorrow when they receive my call! They sent me a bill with a sentence on the bottom thanking me for my on-line order. I've never even ordered anything on-line before. Furthermore the bill was in my maiden name. I have been married for eighteen years, people! If I receive another bill from them I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau. I am also requesting they tell me from what computer IP Address they supposedly received my order along with what e-mail address was used. I know times are hard, but give me a break. Putting your business's reputation on the line for what could be a possibe future customer isn't a very wise or classy marketing strategy. I be sure not order from any other magazines they solicit as well when the school children come around for donations for their school funding. What a shame. Greed can be so damaging!
Reply to mary - dewitt iowa

Read next Reiman Publications complaint

Reiman Publications what a joke the customer...

All I wanted was a quick answer to what I thought was an easy question. Well that turned out to be a...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Reiman Publications.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug