• show-popup

Product / Service My Pay Check
Location Kannapolis, North Carolina
Category Household Services
Views 1010

AS AN EMPLOYEE OF HAIR CUTTERY...REGIS BOUGHT OUT SOME OF THE SALONS.WE WERE ALL PROMISED OUR SENIORITY AND THAT THEY WOULD MEET OR EXCEED OUR PAY.

I CAN SEE WHY THERE ARE SO MANY COMPLAINTS FOR THIS SALON CHAIN. THE STYLISTS ARE SIMPLY SLAVES FOR THEM. MY CHECKS ARE NOW SHORT BY 400.00 AND I'M WORKING AN EXTRA 8 HOURS . I HAVE NO SENIORTY LIKE THEY SAID I WOULD.

THEY ARE ALSO TAKING THE CREDIT CARD TIPS. JUST FROM AN INSIDE VIEW, IF THE COMPANY ACTUALLY CARED A LICK ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAT ARE MAKING THEM THEIR MONEY AND STOPPED BEING SO D$$$ STINGY THEY WOULD HAVE THE OPPURTUNITY FOR A MUCH BETTER REPUTATION. I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY SLEEP AT NIGHT. THERE ARE STYLISTS AT MY SALON WHO HAVE NEVER STRUGGLED IN THEIR CAREER.

TWO OF THEM NOW ARE SINGLE MOMS AND YOU CAN IMAGINE HOW A FOUR HUNDRED DOLLAR PAY CUT AFFECTS THEIR LIVES. THE COST OF DAYCARE IS SO HIGH THEY ARE SIMPLY WORKING TO PAY THE DAY CARE. THEY'D BE MUCH BETTER OFF WATCHING KIDS INSTEAD OF SLAVING AT THE SALON. .

I BET THEY DON'T EVEN SLEEP AT NIGHT.

I KNOW I COULDN'T IF I WERE ROBBING AND SLAVING GREAT STYLISTS OF THEIR WORTH....RUINING LIVES EVERY DAY.REGIS CORPORATION TISK TISK TISK
2da6245

Comments (111) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 111 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Feb 04  from Jacksonville, Florida
can someone please tell me about the credit card thing

Dec 31, 2013  from Charleston, West Virginia
Was recently terminated at our local Mastercuts.... I have never had a Verbal Or Written... But was released because I accidently by human error or by the POS system ( Which I may add sucks )... Charged a client for an eyebrow wax instead of a hair cuts...My direct supervisor was torn up but was forced to take these action from our regional supervisor.. our regional supervisor didn't have the guts to do it herself....I was accused of giving an unauthorized discount and terminated...will be speaking to the labor relations board and have hired attornies for wrongful termination...Have neveer been so displeased with a orginization such as Regis and I work for the Federal Gov. 12 years and says alot
Reply to Ray

there are disgusting.read this
Attention:
I worked for 32nd St Super Cuts since November 2013. I have resigned today early this morning for reason that I believe needs your company's attention.
I was hired by Nina whom is a beautiful person, who
gave light and beauty to workers and clients atmosphere..meanwhile I meet Carleen another Stylist. my first day i begin to clean around to help out, Carleen says don't no one else does...I say its just the way I am. when ever she could get the time she would complain about the other workers..dividing the good spirit that Nina built.. then the next to weeks Nina is transferred and demoted. Carleen becomes manager..since her beginning she rids all the stylist one by one. they were there some maybe fours years..very sad..she writes them up for anything..she would speak to me about all the things she disliked about them..She made me very uncomfortable. now i am the only one left...62 st salon closes and we get three more newbies we have a meeting yesterday and I tell her many clients are saying to me she is mean and seems to walk around with an invisible wip..that she has a tone the workers ..this is true about her character,she insults while clients are present..I had planned to quite. the meeting was my opportunity to tell her how she looked..She insulted me that i talk to much, I told her she was 100 percent wrong that in fact she does..this was yesterday..I quite today Feb 3,2014 I went in to pick up my items from
... Show more
Reply to Yolanda

Dec 02, 2013
Lol it's all true. You should check out the manager at MIA & MAXX in Eau Claire Wisconsin. (A Regis owned salon) she looks like a slob missing teeth and she leaves a line of demarcation ever foil she does! A manager in this field of work should look like she stepped out of a salon everyday! Ever since all the good workers walked off the job one day, they had no choice but to hire her for the managers position. Now they get no business, I walk by there and the employees are either doing nothing or doing each other's hair and they all shop while on the clock! I give it 6 months till it's shut down....

Feb 15, 2013
I can't believe these comments.. I wouldn't want you working for me. You all believe you are entitled to better pay?? Prove it. Do your job, then go home. How hard is that? I worked my way up from just starting out from college to Master stylist. I will not be going any higher as prices get too high for my guests. I achieved that in 4 years. I'm not a model employee, but you are working for a corporation... You have to know that. Regis gives you the tools to build your clientele.. Do you want the president to come and grab people from the mall and sit them in your chair?? Would that make you feel like less of a slave?? Don't like working for Regis?? Leave! Find better, or shut the $&!@ up!!!
As for the person who came right out of school, and then got fired 2 mos later b.c people complained about their services.. Dang girl, take a hint!!!! You messed up!! Big time!!!
Reply to 6 years and counting...

Apr 17, 2013
You must have a low standard lifestyle, unless your skimming from the store. I've seen it happen. Better yet maybe your in a community that your salon is the best the area has. What ever the case everyone can't be lying. There are too many negative comments all over the internet. The pay sucks, the company attitude towards the stylist is very disappointing. No matter how hard you work they focus more on where you may not have reach your goal one or two days. The president won't come and grab people out of the mall but they expect you to do it. As for people right out of school they should have leadership to recognize that persons weakness and proper guidance to set standards and expectations that the salon promotes, not just set them out on their own and let them hang themselves. Regis has a select back bar product line they may not be familiar with, and it's definitely not for all hair. The other side of that coin, some people just don't get it when it comes to hair and should have choose another profession. The bottom line is Regis has some serious internal problems and should address them, they get some of the best talented people in their salon and they lose them quickly because when they look around and see how much money they are not making it's very disheartening. Regis can be the best chain salon in the nation if they would focus on their stylist, management style and the market. They're holding all the cards and not playing the game. They own too many... Show more
Reply to Vanessa

Feb 03  from New York, New York
lol you junkie *** kisssing ustf..up master at at you sleeping beauty lies or are u lieing or with whom lalal
Reply to fuunk off

Jan 20, 2013
I work for the helpline. I have to listen to all of you be really ***. I just read the comments herein, and I must say, wow.

I didn't just skim. I read the first 4 or 5 pages.
I know Regis is a two-faced corporation, but my god, you people don't know how to talk, type or convey a compelling argument. Reading all the comments is what make me believe they fired so many of you. Because you're two cents short of mentally retarded.

I don't even get any kind of benefits from Regis and I do all of the really complicated work. More so than any of you. I won't be taking phone calls from the lot of you for much longer, and yes, I agree, Regis is horrible, but I'm sure you all deserve it for your own stupidity.
Reply to Richter Harwin

Jul 06, 2013  from Edina, Minnesota
Haha, I work for the helpline as well and I agree. Don't expect a whole lot from Regis, they treat the helpline like *** also.

And all-caps doesn't help get people to side with you, justsoyaknow.
Reply to John

Feb 03  from New York, New York
that's because you stole the two cents beggar
Reply to fuunk off

Dec 14, 2012
I can agree 100000% with all these comments! I have been doing hair for more than 18 years and have worked for this company and I want to pull MY HAIR OUT! They are slave drivers! They can't keep employees or managers. I've seen more come and go in the short time I have been there than I have in ANY job I have had! They entice people fresh out of school with the MANAGER title and then work them to death and pay them squat! I make less than 1/4 of what I make for the salon! The DL is a POS and wouldn't know WORK if it fell on her!
I am sick of this place and am ready to take my clients and bail! This place has made me HATE the hair biz :cry
Reply to pissedoffslavetoregis

Dec 11, 2012
I have worked for regis for 1 1/2 years. I was always threatened to be fired and when I wanted to change divisions from Mastercuts to Famous Hair I was fooled into applying for the management job. For the past 4 years of being a stylist I enjoyed my job, had amazing clientele and had people drive hours to come see me. Yet I was still getting yelled at for the minor things. As manager I felt like no matter what I did wasn't enough for my district leader. Always told to fire my highest producing stylist and keep the ones who weren't doing nothing because she had personal problems with me and another girl. She came in and started snooping around to find reasons to fire me and the other girl. Yet I had nothing to hide, did everything she but I refused to fire a girl cause she has personal problems with her. Now my question is since I quit am I suppose to get paid my vacation pay? Most of my friends who use to work there did and I didn't see it on my last pay check?
Reply to PISSED OFF EX MANAGER

Jan 20, 2013
Shut the *** up.

Reply to REGIS

May 23, 2013  from Lansing, Michigan
Yes if you worked a year or more you are entitled to your pay, what happens is check is sent to salon.You either go pick up check or nobody will tell you.If check is not delivered to salon you unfortunately need to contact regis directly. I worked for Borics, then 2 years later hired into Fiesta where my old vacation pay that *** manager thpught i didnt deserve,was put onto my first check, then new manager decided to read (big nono) and then sheeee decided to contact payroll where they made me pay back MY earned vacation pay because over a year had passed. Dont miss out like i did!

Sep 02, 2012
I have started working for Regis right after school, nobody else would hire freshly graduates, so I was happy getting a job, but two months later they fired me, so many clients complained about my work. I felt like a slave, never appreciated for my work, what did they expect from someone jut get off the school? Later on, I have searched, and discovered that salon I was working at fired 14 people in 12 months?! Also, their commision on products you sale, 5%, you should sell 1000 dolars in products to get 50 bucks in commision and they tax you on that. Horrible place to work, you get fired and felt so miserable, like you have no clue about hair, like you learned nothing in school and like nobody else would not give you a chance.
Reply to annonimus

Jul 24, 2012
our manger's son is dating one of the girls we work with and she is the laziest person to walk the face of this earth. Our manger makes sure she is booked up before anyone else and doesn't care if the rest of us get booked up. I want to find another job but I guess Regis is like a monopoly and owns just about any salon chain!
Reply to Bet yonze don't go through wha

Jul 16, 2012
I came to Regis straight out of school and completed my apprenticeship there. I stayed for two years. I was so burnt out with the hours and low pay. The health care benefits were rediculous too. I eventually came to hate my job and the whole industry. I got out of cosmetology entirely. Now six years later I am returning to this field. I will be staying clear of Regis corp. That company is horrible!
Reply to Good to know its not just me

Jun 17, 2012
I am a manager for one of Regis chains and my area supervusor lost her position as well as the regional manager. I lost two employees that same week which left only me Abd a brand new stylist right out of hair school. It's going on eight days straight for me working Abd no omegas aloes to send some help or tell me anything. I am closing my shop tomorrow so I can rest my tired body. Instead of sending me help they chased down the two forner employees who quit on ne and begged them back toldtgem that would send tem to another location. What ever!!!!! Let's see what happens after tomorrow??? Let's make a bet I will be beheaded!
Reply to Pissed off manager!!!

May 27, 2012
Working for Regis is a joke! I refused to upsell to people who are clearly struggling to pay for a haircut! I also refused to lie to people, even after the regional manager TOLD us to do so, and tell them that the redken or biolage products at walgreens and cvs are bootleg, out of date or bough from flea markets and resold at major retailers. PUHLEEZE! Also, for a 60/40 split on comm, you expect ME to provide your advertising for you? How about you take a little of that 60% and advertise your own salon?
Reply to not gonna lie

Read next REGIS HAIR SALON complaint

Regis salon in Federal Way WA SUCKS!

Do not go there!They messed up my hair and STILL wanted to charge me!I was there from the time they...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about REGIS HAIR SALON.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug