• show-popup

Product / Service Car Loan
Location Raleigh, North Carolina
Category Loans and Mortgages
Views 81

Regional Acceptance Corp is horrible!!They like to get you the loan and then they dont allow you to refinance.

They don't write letters for good standing either.Then when you ask of companies that may refinance they tell you some company that will only give you a loan for what the car is worth you have to pay the difference for the loan. Craziness, esp in these hard times!!! They are horrible and they are def going down!!!!

Then there is no one you can talk to get help because they dont help you.I am very displeased... 2ec20a1

Comments (6) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Dec 28, 2010
David in broken arrow. You know that by not reaffirming the car that it will be repossessed if you do not pay for it? If your bankruptcy is discharged, you will not owe Regional any more money, but you cant keep the car. My suggestion would be to get very acquainted with your nearest bus stop.

Your's Truly,
The SOB's
Reply to Kiss your car goodbye

Dec 23, 2010
David - Seriously? Did you already take advantage of a deferment within the past 6 months before your bankruptcy? Don't act like you don't know there are guidelines with how many you can get per year. It's not RAC's fault you lost your job. Your loan is YOUR responsibility to take care of. You just RUINED your credit for the next decade. RAC actually has the last laugh. Good luck finding someone else to give you a loan on a new car when the one you have now breaks down.
Reply to BeAnAdult

Dec 14, 2010
Regional Acceptance, SUCKS!!! I recently lost my job due to a company downsize and they won't help me out with a defferment or anything. Thats okay, I filed chapter 7 bankruptacy back in July of this year and did not reaffirm the car note, who has the last laugh now, you s.o.b.
Reply to David in Broken Arrow

Apr 14, 2010
Are you being for real. Regional Acceptance contract makes it clear, to what your interest is and how much you are going to pay in total interest. Regional Acceptance provides fiancing for sub-prime customers who most insitutions would not give a second chance because of the risk that Regional takes when they sign on the loans that is what causes the interest rate to be higher than a prime lending company.

In regards to what the salesman tell you, the salemans work for the dealership not for Regional Acceptance, it is your job as the consumer to properly review the contract, if you feel the terms are undesirable then do not sign the contract.

Unfortunately for you all, Regional Acceptance is a upright company and they follow the law to the letter. No lawyer in his right mind would pursue a class action lawsuit because Regional Acceptance follows the law.

Now if you gave someone 20,000 to buy are car and they refused to pay you, contact you, setup suitable arrangments with you or whatever you would want your money back or your collateral back(repo), because you had a business arrangment and you are taking a loss from a person being a deadbeat. Regional has to also protect there interest as well.

Do Business with Regional Acceptance!! They are GREAT!!!!
Reply to Jimmy Joe

Sep 29, 2009
REGIONAL ACCEPTANCE CORP.HAS UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES.MY SON WHO WAS 18 AT THE TIME (I WAS THE CO-SIGNER) SIGNED AN AGREEMENT WITH REGIONAL AT THE CAR DEALERSHIP MORGAN MOTORS IN DURHAM N.C...THEY ARE EVEN MORE UNETHICAL .KNOWING THAT MY CREDIT WAS BAD BECAUSE OF MY X-HUSBAND(I STILL WAS MAKING $50,000,AND HAD A MORTGAGE IN MY NAME)I TOLD THE SALSMAN THAT I DIDNT WANT TO PAY OVER A CERTAIN INTREST RATE .HE SAID NO PROBLEM!!! THE CAR MY SON GOT WAS A 2003 FORD FOCUS.VALUED AT 8,800.00.I PAID 2000.00 DOWN AND THE BUSINESS MANAGER CLAIMED WHEN WE SIGNED THE PAPERS THAT THE RATE WAS 15% STILL TOO MUCH .I LEFT TO GO BACK TO WORK ,AND LEARNED MUCH LATER THE INTREST RATE WAS 21.99%!!!!! I TURSTED THE SALSMAN AND THE BUSINESS MANAGER.WELL I LEARNED ABOUT THIS WHEN THE 1ST PAYMENT CAME DUE 232.00X60MONTHS 2000.00 DOWN I ENDED UP WITH A TOTAL DUE OF ALMOST 16,000.00 MY SON DID HAVE ENOUGH GOING ON TO TAKE OUT GAP INSURANCE.I GOT THE PAPERS OUT AND TRIED TO READ THE CARBON,I COULDN'T READ THE INTREST RATE,PLUS THE BUSINESS MANAGER/CARSALESMAN TOLD ME SON AND ME THE RATE WOULD BE AROUND 10-12%!!! WHEN I WENT BACK THE BUSINESSMANAGER AND THE SALSMAN HAD BEEN FIRED AND THE COMPANY WHO HAD BEEN MORGAN MOTORS FOR AT LEAST 25YRS HAD CHANGED TO MORGAN MITSUBISHI.THE OWNERS SON TREATED ME LIKE DIRT/AND THE OWNER, MR.MORGAN SAID IT WAS MY FAULT I SHOULD HAVE READ THE PAPERS/WHEN I TOLD HIM THAT I TRUSTED WHAT HIS SALESMANGER /SALESMAN SAID HE LAUGHED.THE CAR, WE HAVE HAD FOR 2YRS . MY SON... Show more
Reply to DIANE STAUFFENBERG.REGIONAL AC

Sep 29, 2009
Reply to DIANE STAUFFENBERG.REGIONAL AC

Read next Regional Acceptance complaint

Is it against some law for Regional Acceptance to...

regional Acceptance refused my offer to send payments in what I felt was in timely manner to bring m...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Regional Acceptance.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug