• show-popup

Location Howard, Ohio
Category Products
Views 1405
Monetary Loss

I was researching E-Cigarett's as a way to quit smoking.

That being said, I found a website that was expounding the virtues of using E-Cigaretts as a safer alternative to smoking and a possible way to quit!

The same site (which I personaly believe to be owned and operated by Regal Cig's) offered the company as a "saviour" which would send you a starter pack of everything you needed for only $4.95 S&H.

After I ordered, I found link's on the internet that basically stated that once they had your credit card number, if you did not return the entire order (less one cartridge or something to that effect) they would bill your credit card $119.00 (+ or -) plus about $60.00 for refill's on a regular basis. Unless I called their customer (lack of) service department for a return authorization number for return info. The clock start's cliking from the moment of shippment not receipt. If you do not return in time, you get stuck for the $119.00. If you do, and you only get to try one cartridge, you still get stuck with a restocking charge

Within 30 minutes of ordering, I called them back to cancel my order. The were having nothing to do with that idea and told me that the order was already processed and ready for shipment (after business hour's on a Friday evening so they could have stopped it if they wanted to!).

Unfortunatly, being a trusting (stoopid) individual, I did not read the term's and conditions that basically stated that once they had my credit card number I was basically SOL.

I was also asked "did I really expect to get $119.00 worth of product for$4.95?"

I called my credit card company about 40 minutes after I told them to cancel the order, told them the sad tale, was told that the $4.95 from these vultures had already been charged to my account. The Credit card company dissalowed the charge and at my request cancelled the card so they could no longer have access to the account.

I emailed their customer support (LOL) department and informed them that I considered the order cancelled and that could ship only at their own risk!

Guess what? I got an robo response with the same phone number that I used to cancell the order! Also, when I called to cancell and was told to go to heck, I asked to speak with a supervisor, surprise, none was available and I was promise one would call me back. Guess what has not happend?

Stay away from these rip off artist 2d6768e

Comments (146) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 146 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Apr 11  from Dallas, Texas
I ORDERED THE FREE starter kit FOR $4.99. 2 WEEKS AFTER I RECEIVED THE SO CALLED FREE KIT. AFTER THAT I FOUND OUT THAT MY CREDIT CARD WAS CHARGED $119.95 14 DAYS AFTER PLACING THE ORDER (WHICH IS ABOUT THE SAME TIME OF RECEIVING THE STARTER KIT) ,and ANOTHER $69.95 2 MORE WEEKS LATER FOR A SECOND SHIPMENT.I CALLED TO TELL THEM THAT I WASN'T INTERESTED IN TRYING THE CIGS AND THAT I DID NOT EVEN USE THE STARTER KIT. THEY TOLD ME I COULD SEND THE SECOND SHIPMENT BACK,BUT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR SHIPPING BOTH WAYS AND I WILL NOT GET CREDIT FOR THE $119.00, BECAUSE I DIDN'T CANCEL MY ORDER IN TIME.THIS COMPANY IS TRULY A SCAM, SCAM, BIG SCAM!!!!
Reply to Ray

Apr 10  from Valley Springs, California
I had the same thing happen to me but I noticed a 119$ charge 2 months later. I kept the product and because they said free only pay shipping my bank considered that an unauthorized purchase. I got the product and kept my money. Just tell the bank it's an unauthorized purchase.
Reply to American spirit

Apr 04  from Charlottesville, Virginia
I wish I would have seen this before ordering. Just got scammed!!!
Reply to Roscoe

Apr 01
This company is truly a scam, they are not forthcoming from the beginning. I cancelled within 15 minutes and was told that it was too late as it had been processed for shipping, the package was received 10 days later. The package(unopened) was returned to the sender the same day with the RA # that they provided. They still charged me $119.00, I am still waiting for a refund credit.
Reply to ta

Apr 01  from Howard, Ohio
You might just as well go ahead and tell the bank to start the proceedings to get your credit card refunded as your chance of getting a refund from these criminals is next to nill.
Reply to UncleRJ

Mar 29  from Brooksville, Florida
I recieved my package on the 11 and was billed 119.00 on the 27, and this is not a 30 day trial period, very unhappy with the services of this company,
Reply to purecountry

Mar 25
Called customer service to find out how to return the product. As others have stated, I ended up paying a restocking fee. As for the customer service guy ….. If I want to talk to a used car salesman, I'll go to a car lot. The cigs aren't that good, by the way.
Reply to johnny

Mar 20
I to was slammed by regal not only did that they4.95 and 119. They charged another 7
84.92 after i canceled and returned the product
Reply to pissed as well

Mar 18
I also was ripped off by an e-cig co. with a free trial for $4.95 8 months they charged my cc $114. when I called Natasha said this was a valid charge but finally agreed to cancel my account (i did not even know i had an account with them) and she agreed to refund $57.00 of the $114. Needless to say this has never happened. I contacted my cc and told them not to take any more charges from this co. XOCIGS. The credit comp. said they could not do that. needless to say I am paying them off and closing the account. I can not believe these company's can get away with this, but it is a lesson learned. I will NEVER try anything that is e-mailed to me as free trial. By the way, my Doctor told me to not use these e-cigs. asd I have a compromised immune system and he is afraid the moisture going into my lungs will cause pneumonia. Bottom line is that there are so many unscrupulous people on the internet waiting to steal your money.
Reply to deedee

Mar 18  from Howard, Ohio
Mess with the company but don't mess with your doctor!
You got ripped of like so many others so go ahead and fight that.
E-Cigs are a better alternative for so many of us.
Sounds like in your instance it is not the right way to go for you!
Reply to UncleRj

Mar 14  from Denver, Colorado
I was just like the post at a cigarettes regal babe get you in for free accessory kit and then month or two months later to take $100 out that's not good and really cigarettes I want a refund full refund because I did not like the product to practice like menthol I did not agree upon for you to put money more money out of my bank my name is Patrick Nuanes
Reply to patrick

Mar 02
I had a similar issue with this company. The "14-day free trial" begins on the date the order is placed. This includes the the 5 days it took to be shipped. I returned the package unopened and they still charged me a restocking fee of something like $25 and $3.60 for an "International Banking fee" so with the $4.95 original shipping fee, I paid over $30 for something I didn't even try. They are shady business people, don't do business with them! :(

Feb 20
Don't purchase this product. We ordered the initial kit, got charged $4.95, and 3 weeks later received an additional charge for $119. I obviously sent it back, and was still out $30 for a restocking fee. There are plenty of products just like this, which are far superior, and cheaper.
Reply to Goobers1

Feb 14  from Leesburg, Florida
Indeed this is correct. I've had to deal with the same scam. Stayed on hold to their support center for 30mins and no agent ever came to the phone.

Feb 14
Thanks for the Information... I was like Wow that's too good to be true so I typed the company regal Cigs scam and this information pulled up... Thanks again.
Reply to Mondl79TX

Feb 01  from Stockton, California
I experienced the same thing, DO NOT ORDER FROM THE COMPANY!!!!!!!
They are out to take your money!!!!! Sad but true :( :cry :sigh
Reply to scottiluver

Jan 28
This is a scam. Do not be tempted to order, it can only cost you money. They are telling me I have to pay postage and a restocking fee of $24 to return the defective product.
Reply to d-t

Jan 25  from Columbus, Ohio
This company is a ripe off. I ordered the started kit and no where on there web site does it ask you if you want to just use the 14 day trail. 14 days after I ordered it and still had not received it they charged me $119.95, I have never received it and they were very rude about giving my money back to me. I wanted to speak to a supervisor and the guy told me that none was available to talk to me (bull S---).
This company is trying to make money off people who are trying hard to save money.... DO NOT DO THIS OFFER!!!!!!!!

Jan 22  from Farmville, North Carolina
Go to your local tobacco shop and get a ecig kit. They have many flavors to test and you can get a whole kit or just the basics. I bought one about 2 months ago and it does work ok. It has helped me cut down on smoking real cigarettes but so far it has not been a sufficient enough replacement to get me to give the real thing up completely. Dont waste your money on the throw aways. Get a refillable one if you are going to try ecigs. I was buying the BLU at Walgreen's for $10, and they give very little vapor and the battery always goes dead before you use up the stuff inside.
Reply to Mike

Read next Regal Cigs complaint

STAY AWAY FROM ANY E-CIG TRIAL KITS

DO NOT PURCHASE ANY E-CIG TRIAL KITS!!Buried in all there mumbo-jumbo that you most likely will not...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Regal Cigs.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug