• show-popup

Monetary Loss

Update added by user Oct 31, 2013
*** means Bullshot ***

Update added by user Oct 31, 2013
UPDATE: I also tried to dispute the charges through my credit union (issuer of my debit card). Their suggestion was to contact Redbox Corporate. I did, and was told "I'll pass this information on to my manager." Two weeks have passed, and no phonecall or email from Redbox. I see I have TWO *** clicks. FYI, my Redbox experience is NOT ***.

Original review posted by user Sep 26, 2013

A couple years ago, we were renting movies from Redbox at a Walgreen's Drug Store kiosk in Mesa AZ.I ALWAYS return my movies promptly.

I am above 60 and quite responsible. Machine said successfully returned. About a month later, Redbox charged my debit card $79.00 and weeks later, I got a nastygram saying it was for 2 unreturned DVD movies. I tried calling the corporate office.

NO customer service person to talk to. I tried emailing them. I was never able to do anything toward getting a refund. And I KNOW I returned the 2 movies.

I felt cheated and bruised.

I have never went to Redbox again.I love me a Netflix and Amazon Prime and my ROKU box anyday over a DVD Redbox rental!! 305f66e

Comments (2) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Mar 16  from Dallas, Texas
I had the same thing happen to me. Rented 2 movies on a Saturday evening. Returned then Sunday (the next day) around lunch time. About 3 or 4 weeks later I get a $74.69 charge from them on my card. Customer service pretty much just called me a liar. I'm not letting and have an attorney friend helping me. At this point I dont care what it costs it's about the principle of it. They will regret stealing from me
Reply to Dfwguy

Mar 26  from Mesa, Arizona
I can relate. I'm wishing you good luck I hope you win the case but dont spent too much of your money. ,)
Reply to PhyAnne

Read next Redbox complaint

redbox is sucking away more than just our brains!

TRUE: Rebox is making more money off of, straight up, robbing peoples bank accounts than they are re...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Redbox.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug