• show-popup

Company RCI Timeshare
Location Sparta, Illinois
Category Hotels and Resorts
Views 204

We also have a maintence block on our points, I too tried to call to get it
taken care of but had no luck. At least now I know what the story is Rci did not let on to me that they knew anything about this. I will call to let them know that I am not pleased. I can not believe that an place like RCI would let people go over to a place like that I have not been their in years so I did not know what was going on with my points, maybe I can sell it or something or just hang the contract on the wall as a reminder haha

2ff7d59

Comments (33) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 33 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jul 09, 2013  from Orlando, Florida
At Xanadu, they are all crooks. I went and tried to talk to them and they tried to sell me a two bed room. I have a one bed room which I refused to pay any additional fees. I had someone sell me their time share at Xanadu, and they knew quite well that it was no good. The transaction was never processed as it didn't completely go through. They are nothing but thieves and as much as I like the Bahamas, I am disappointed that they will allow people to get scam like this. Same people. I visited and the guy tried to tell me he was a pastor. So what... Ms. Nellie Forbes is a scam. She knows exactly whats going on, and refused to do the right thing.
Reply to To hell with Xanadu

Feb 23, 2013  from Cincinnati, Ohio
The Xanadu Beach Resort is nothing but a bunch of crooks. We bought less than 10 years ago a 30 year vacation package. We were getting points every other year and have utilized RCI every time we have used them. Our purchase of our points for 30 years has been paid for in full and now I am being told that we no longer have them! Isn't that considered theft? This is something that we have a signed contract on and is paid for in full! We have never been able to get in contact with anyone from Xanadu and have tried dozens of times. We were also informed that we no longer have points for use although they are paid for in full. If there are any attorneys out there, it looks as if there are numbers of people just like me out there and it sounds like we have a strong case.

If anyone has email addresses, phone numbers, or any way of getting in contact with someone from Xanadu, please pass it on. Reply to this post to my email. I will be contacting an attorney myself.

Thank you.
Reply to tbone2s

Feb 26, 2013  from Portland, Oregon
We have been successfully emailing the VP of Operations at Xanadu (sometimes)TyroneThurston@hotmail.com. His phone #1-242-352-3462. We wrote letters to Mario Donato, the owner, Mr. Thurston, Nellie Forbes and no one replied. The letter addressed to the Resort came back to us about 10 months later, undeliverable. Isn't that a legal indication, that they don't exist or something? But they keep taking our maintenance fees and we get nothing in return! Nothing but harrassment! The stress is killing me!
Reply to BobbiandDave13

Feb 22, 2013  from Merrillville, Indiana
PLEASE CONTACT ME IF ANYONE IS FILING A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THIS XANADU SITUATION--PAY DOUBLE MAINTENANCE FEES FOR WHAT? PLACE IS ONE BIG DUMP AND WE GOT SCEWED AND ARE SUPPOSED TO PAY TO STAY AT HIS OTHER 2 DUMPS!!!!! NO THANKS--SO FILE A SUIT AND I AM IN!!!
SO IF SOMEONE POSTS HERE I WILL GIVE MY EMAIL. THANKS!
Reply to carol june

Feb 23, 2013  from Atlanta, Georgia
Love to file class action suit against Zanadu. Can you tell me what is involved (cash and info) to file. I and a friend of mine who also purchased at Zanadu would be ver interested.
Reply to Dee

Feb 22, 2013  from Trenton, New Jersey
Dear Mr. Thurston,

My name is Virginia Salerno, I have had a Studio Suite, at Zanadu Vacation Club since 2002 . I would like to know what is going on. Zanadu has been up for sale for quite some time now. I owe nothing on my Suite, as I paid for it in full. It was purchased -- because, I loved the site, and Studio Suite. I will NOT have my credit ruined, because Zanadu is being sold.. (1) I was not informed by Zanadu -- that I could not use my points anymore. I called RCI, to use my points, and, was informed by RCI Travel that you --(Zanadu Vacation Club) was no longer Affiliated with RCI, because-- of RCI receiving bad reports, from vacationers staying -- at the Zanadu Vacation Club site. (2) Also; Zanadu was put up for sale without my knowledge. The reason I purchased a Studio Suite at Zanadu, was to vacation at times with my family. Since I cannot sell this Unit (at this time) -- an investment of $5,950.00 for a Studio Suite, at Zanadu Vacation Club. I would think Zanadu would at least pay me all or part of my investment. I don't feel that I am liable for the outrages Maintenance fee, of $500.00, on the Zanadu Vacation Club, that is in the process of being sold.

I have called, Conrad Acceptance Corporation (760.735.5000) concerning and disputing this months payment, of $500.00.. I will Not have my credit ruined because of non-payment. I was told to contact you, Mr. Tyrone Thurston, on the situation with the Zanadu Vacation
... Show more
Reply to bones396

Mar 29, 2012
I'm a owner of Xanadu Vacation Club since 2000. I have being there twice. First time was ok, but by the second time I should have known that something was very wrong. As i'm sitting reading these postings i'm convinced that there was always a red flag. On my last visit the place was unattended and deteriorated. I recently received my maintenance fee; to my surprise it went up with no previous notice!! can't talk to no one. Conrad does not offer any answers and I can not get Tyron Thurston on the phone. first a lady answer and told us she did not know what I was talking about then when I called back the following day I asked for Tyron as if I was his friend, he got on the phone and pretended that it was a bad connection and he could not hear me. Please include me in any class action lawsuit. I'll appreciate it. My email address is islowcome@aol.com
Reply to Lucy

Mar 29, 2012
Reply to Lucy

Mar 21, 2012
I am extremely disappointed with Xanadu. RCI has always been wonderful with booking my vacations but it seems Xanadu has terminated that contract. I guess I will start working with my attorney here in Atlanta to see what we can do. I am asking everyone I know not to ever purchase a Timeshare outside the U.S. Not a good idea at all.
Reply to Currie

Dec 29, 2012  from Phoenix, Arizona
Ok so I am just finding out about all of this. My annual maintenance dues are comng up on Feb 2013 and I am paid to date, but to what???? A closed, broken down hotel??? I just called RCI to book a vacation only for them to tell me I am no longer a member?! No notice from anyone and to contact Xanadu (yep no able to as all the numbers I can find are disconnected) Did send an email to this talktous@rci.com. We shall see what i get in responce. I don't want to pay my fees but don't want to get a lien on my home like the other lady said. This just sucks all around!!!! I sent you an email too dana S. Hope together we can find out what we can do?
Reply to Rhonda

Mar 13, 2012
IS ANYONE ACTUALLY GOING TO PAY THE HUGE INFLATED MAINTENANCE FEE? FOR WHAT? XANADU IS CLOSED AND FOR SALE CAN'T STAY THERE AND HAVE NO DESIRE TO EVER GO BACK TO FREEPORT AND STAY AT THE 2 DUMPS THEY SAID WAS WHERE WE COULD USE OUR POINTS--WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF MAINTENANCE FEE IS UNPAID--THEY ARE NOT FULFILLING THE CONTRACT SO WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO THROW MONEY AT THEM FOR WHAT????
Reply to carol june

Feb 22, 2012
Has anyone contact their state attorney in regards to Xanadu? Maybe we could start a Xanadu Sucks Facebook page and get a class action lawsuit going! I just want out! I don't want to pay Conrad another cent!! :(
Reply to Tara

Feb 06, 2012
I have been in contact with Tyrone and been told the same story. Mr. Donato who owns the resort will not come forward and respond or answer any questions. I tried to contact the Attorney of record for Xanadu and they will not respond either. In today's mail I receive the yearly maintenance bill from Conrad Acceptance in the amount of $975. I have written Tyrone and sent an email to Conrad Acceptance that I will not pay any more monies to Xanadu since it is in a deplorable condition and that RCI is no longer affliated with them due to Xanadu is below their standards. I want to just terminate my timeshare with Xanadu and call it a loss. We paid 20K for this timeshare prior to the hurricanes. Mr. Donato's daughter was running the resort at the time and was trying to do a remarkable job to restore it. She left and the whole place has gone down the drain. Does anyone know of a class action suit or any attorney represeting any timeshare owner. We will be stonger in numbers. But this is for use I want out of this timeshare.
Reply to Vicki M

Jan 24, 2012
Same Xanadu situation here. Also from RI, by the way. Just tried calling resort using posted number. Didn't even connect. Googled resort name to find a backdoor number. Came across this www.xanadubeachhotel.com A FOR SALE website. Asking $50million. I'm done!
Reply to anteup

Dec 08, 2011
My husband and I purchased a time share at Xanadu in 2000 for our children and it was good thru 2035.
In 2003 Xanadu/Conrad a collections agency kept trying to get money out of us, Xanadu LONG STORY after many phone calls by Conrad to us stating pay up or else.....
Well we didn’t pay up and we got the what else are you ready for this? We went to refinance out house in Sept and Conrad put a LEIN ON OUR HOUSE so we HAD to pay $1600.00 for Xanadu’s flood. Excuse me I’m in RI and we had a flood and it cost US 12G.
So that was my argument to them as we don’t have any extra money.
I couldn’t use RCI for YEARS because my account kept getting BLOCKED because of Xanadu/Conrad.
Here’s the thing if you were to look up in the BBB for Conrad in California their rating is an F AND it states SCAM SCAM so why would anyone pay them?
This is extortion, I hope there is a civil suit because we want in.

What stinks is our kids use this for the extra vacations, we have a daughter getting married she wants to use it yet because Xanadu dropped RCI we’re stuck, this is our fault?
RCI states, call Xanadu-ha ha real funny. Have you ever tried talking logic to them? They lie anyway, “yes, everything is fine’ no it’s not!!!
HELP please.
Thanks,
Joanne and Brad :sigh
Reply to XANADU AND RCI HELP HELP HE

Nov 23, 2011
To "Smalls" who wrote the previous comment and also to "Xanadu Timeshare Owner", please contact me by e-mail at dana.schlanger@gmail.com!
After I posted my comments, I had 6-7 people contact me and we're trying to keep each other updated about any new developments. For the time being, your actually talking to Tyrone at Conrad seems like a breakthrough. Hope to hear from you soon! Thank you
Reply to Dana S.

Nov 21, 2011
Just spoke with Tyrone and he states that they are meeting with the lawyers to work this out. In the meantime they are trying to book owners at neighboring resorts. He says email him but I have done this before and did not get any response. I just want out of this. I will take half of what I paid for it to get out.
Reply to Smalls

Nov 17, 2011
So frustrated!!

First, why didn't any tell us about this? RCI or Xanadu, if you ask me, both are guilty there. I get so many other email from RCI, you mean they couldn't tell me this important information, until I tried to book a vacation?

Second, Xanadu increased our maintenance fee 25% the beginning of 2011. Where did that money go?

Third, what about the 'special assessment fee' that we paid in 2008 so Xanadu could fix their amenities to RCI standards?

I contacted Tyrone Thurston, an I was told that they made provisions to accommodate their timeshare owners at the Royal Islander and Royal Palms both on the Grand Bahama Island. We only bought the product because of the exchange factor!

If anyone has more info on how to get out, or if we have any other options, please contact me! demi2464@hotmail.com
Reply to Xanadu Timeshare Owner

Nov 10, 2011
If you are a Xanadu owner and RCI member and have any questions regarding how your RCI membership is impacted by the disaffiliation of Xanadu, please email us at talktous@rci.com.

While we recognize it may be difficult to get in touch, at this point we recommend you contact the resort to see what your options are regarding your ownership.

-Kathleen M.
Reply to RCI

Nov 10, 2011
Hi Dana G., I'd like to provide some clarification around the role RCI plays in the timeshare industry. We don't own or operate any timeshare resorts and we don’t sell timeshare or control the sales practices of our affiliated properties.
Instead, our role in the timeshare industry is to provide exchange services to vacation owners at our affiliated properties. The Tuscany luxury suites that you mention are not affiliated with our exchange program.
Your comments are concerning to us, and if you have any additional information about who you spoke with in Las Vegas, we hope you will provide us with that information so that we can look into it further. You can email us at talktous@rci.com.
-Kathleen M.
RCI Customer Care
Reply to RCI

Read next RCI Timeshare complaint

Have to pay RCI to use my own timeshare !!!

I bought a Points timeshare at the Grandview in Las Vegas thinking it would be more flexible than my...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about RCI Timeshare.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug