• show-popup

Shares 0

Pro-active recourse for Proflowers scam!!!

• by   Apr 26, 2009
  • 36 comments
  • Review #: 148090
Company Proflowers
Product / Service Mothers Day Flowers
Location Las Vegas, Nevada
Category Flowers / Florist
Views 106

I used proflowers.com because it was highly endorsed by a few radio talk show hosts that I trust (i.e., Michael Savage & Rush Limbaugh).By the way, their "promotional codes" were useless to me as a consumer, and only benefitted them as "listener points".

To express my GREAT and grievous disappointment in the unethical and corrupt practices of this company, I am contacting these radio talk show hosts via email and calling the program directors and marketing managers of the local radio station that propagate their ads, and chastising them for exposing their listeners to this SCAM RACKET! This indiscriminate endorsement is a set up that reflects abysmally on THEM also.
Their reputation is on the line, and they are implicitly in agreement and collusion with these defrauders, unless they drop their campaigns.

Others in the same predicament ought to do similar actions to stop this perpetration IMMEDIATELY!You don't have to tolerate businesses that don't abide by a code of social ethics. 2ff82e9

Comments (36) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 36 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Nov 01, 2012
Hi Jonathan,It can be confusing the neubmr of claims being made that the world is warming / isn’t warming and that’s because the issue has become somewhat divided, often for partisan reasons.No doubt what you’ve been taught in school is correct. If a school were to knowingly misteach it’s pupils then it faces prosecution. Global warming has actually been on trial several times in courts of law and on every occasion the Judge has ruled that the facts and science behind global warming are accurate.Those who don’t accept global warming is happening don’t have an argument against the theory. Instead they have used more than 100 different excuses ranging from claims that the world is cooling, that Margaret Thatcher invented global warming, that it’s because Earth is moving closer to the Sun – all manner of unrelated claims.In your question you mention that you’ve learned that a lot of people are against the idea of global warming. In reality there’s not that many. It’s broadly accepted the world over, the only notable exception being the US where it is more of a political issue than a scientific one.If you look at global warming scientifically then there’s no question that it’s happening. No doubt you were taught that greenhouse gases retain heat in the atmosphere and that the more of them there are the more heat is retained. What you may not have been taught is the mechanism by which these gases retain heat, this is something that is governed by... Show more
Reply to Slavko

Sep 24, 2012
:cry :( Couldn't be more unhappy with this group. Overblown mystery charges double they price and the service is horrible. Never again
Reply to Nancy

May 11, 2012
I too placed an order of what looked to be gorgeous flowers on the webpage. The website stated that the flowers and vase are hand delivered in person.. This "in person" was UPS. Left on the front porch in a box, without water, in the heat. The "gaurantee to stay fresh for 7 days"..did not stand. Dead in two. Stems broken and wilty. They need to display to the customer that flowers will come via the mail service in a box. Not deleivered by a florist. Let's see if I get refunded..and if they stick by this guarantee.
Reply to Word to the wise

Mar 01, 2012
I ordered flowers for Valentine's Day after listening to several ads on the radio. I was supposed to get my flowers for $19.99 (yes, cheap, I know). I used the code given to me by the radio station and NEVER NOTICED until I received my American Express bill, that I paid more than $46.00 for the $19.99 flowers. I am disputing the charge on my American Express bill. These people are crooks. I called Customer Service and they offered to refund $5.00. They owe me over $20.00.
Reply to Denis

Feb 17, 2012  from Westleigh, New South Wales
We apologize for any bad experiences our customers may have had. We strive to fill our orders as placed and work closely with our partners to both ensure timely deliveries and minimize the shipping costs as we know they add an additional expense for our customers.

Christopher, because your order was cancelled, then what you most likely saw on your account was an authorization, which your bank places on your account to protect you from overdrafting in the case that the merchant you bought from does not immediately charge you. ProFlowers does not bill accounts until we actually ship a product, so because your order was cancelled, it would never have been shipped. I verified that that order was never billed by us. Account authorizations are placed by your bank and typically drop off after 3-5 days depending on your bank's policy. We apologize if this caused you any inconvenience. I have looked up your account based on your name provided here and while I cannot discuss the details of your order here for privacy reasons, if you would like to know why your order was cancelled, please give me a call at 866-526-9426. -Steve

brain dead proflowers customer - We understand that there are a variety of bad reviews on the Internet that can be found, but a similar search would implicate just about any online retailer who had been in business as long as we have been. However, our ability to advertise on these nationally broadcast shows is indicative of
... Show more
Reply to proredpc

Feb 15, 2012
Not only are they a scam, they try to steal. I ordered 1 dozens roses for guaranteed delivery on valentines day by noon. Come 1 pm, I was wondering why I haven't received a call thanking me for the flowers. I find out that they hadn't been delivered. I call proflowers to find out why and the excuse I get was great. At some point my ordered had been "canceled". Now I got no email or call saying that there was a problem, the only email I ever received was my confirmation email for my order. The funny thing was that even though my order had been cancelled, they still charged me for the flowers. The supervisor that I finally got on the phone said she would refund me which I would see back into my account in 5 business days(awesome). If I had never called, they would have never refunded me the money and would have just gone on as if the flowers had been delivered. They are a scam and a pathetic excuse of a company.
Reply to Chris

Reply to Christopher Jurtschenko

Feb 15, 2012
never buy something because a talk show host accepted money to endorse it.. they are not talking about it because they just like it: they are paid to say that. any fool could search for proflowers fraud and know the company was not legit
Reply to brain dead proflowers customer

Feb 14, 2012
I order the flowers on Jan 28 and paid like 72.00 with all the extra hidden charges so they would be delivered on the 14th. They came on the 13th. I wanted them on the 14th. Because the 13th is on the anniversary of my daughter's death. She was murdered 14 years ago and died on Feb 13th. So my wife gets the flowers at work on Monday the 13th. This was the first and last time I'll ever use these people. The thing I hate the most was they assured me they would be there on the 14th..and not the 13th.
Reply to Tim

Feb 14, 2012
I bought flowers for my girlfriend for Valentines because I couldn't deliver them since we're hundreds of miles apart. I'm being charged for 2 shipments when I ordered one?!!!! What the *** kind of business is this?
Reply to Chad

Feb 14, 2012
The flowers were delivered to my fiance's office by UPS in a box!!!with all the flowers and vase wrapped in plastic. Not hand delivered to her. I'm really disappointed considering I ended up paying twice the price with all those additional charges. Shady advertisement. People should know about this. Please share on facebook, twitter, etc. Proflowers ruined our special day.
Reply to Pissed Customer on Valentine's

Reply to Pissed Customer On Valentine's

Feb 13, 2012
Do not use this company...quoted price ends up less than 1/2 of actual price after fees and shipping added. Customer service???actually only lip service...Terrible!!! 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed...JUST TRY COLLECTING ON THAT:(
Reply to richard

Feb 12, 2012
My husband ordered flowers for Valentines Day and they arrived looking nothing like the picture on the website. They looked liked someone went into the back yard and picked them. He gave them a call and had horrible customer Service, Becareful with this company. They did not offer to send anything as a replacement either.
Reply to not happy

Feb 12, 2012
Proflowers.com is a scam. I looked at their offer and decided to pass. I check my email this am and have emails from proflowers.com. Went to website based on TV commercial. I only looked at the start page and gave them no personal information. How did they steal my email address?
Reply to Anonymous

Feb 11, 2012
It is ridiculous how the TV and Radio channels can endorse this company. The deal for the flowers was 19.99. I ended up paying 41.00. Its nothing but a scam.
Reply to Dev B

Feb 04, 2012
This scam happened to me too! I dont know how I missed this monthly charge on my account but I am infuriated! I will be calling them immediately to give them a piece of my mind!
Reply to MegW

Jan 29, 2012
:sigh I ordered flowers last week to be delivered at the end of the week. They were not delivered!
Not Happy!
Reply to Rod

Jan 03, 2012
I am embarrassed to admit I just noticed the recurring $14.95 per month charge after 3 years. We called the number listed next to the charge on my online banking statement and after mentioning the BBB and using the word "scam" they couldn't offer to pay us back fast enough. We were into them for over $500. Never use proflowers, not to mention the roses were in horrible shape when they arrived.
Reply to JoeM

Jan 02, 2012
I just bought flowers from them for one time but got signed up with Easy Saver for $14.95 each month. They have been charging me for more than a year and I just found out. This is outrageous. Would it help if we report this to federal consumer protection department?
Reply to richard

Read next Proflowers complaint

No Bloom for ProFlowers

I ordered "fresh" roses to be deliveres to MOM for Mother's Day. Be aware:#1. If I had wanted t...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Proflowers.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug