• show-popup

Shares 0

Proactiv Solution - Proactive is a Scam and Fraud.....

• by   Dec 24, 2009
Location Arlington, Virginia
Category Products
Views 968
Monetary Loss

Such a Fraud is this Pro Active Not Solution.I do not know where to start...May be with this that this product Sucks.Do Not Buy it....Then may be that they make me a member of there So Called Membership program and try to charge me every month the amount of 37.94 for product that I did Not want. I call them so many times to cancel that and ask for my money was fight for weeks...I want informe you Do Not buy this product there are going to take your money so many times.*** Proactive is a Scam.... 305fa68

Comments (130) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 130 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Apr 17
There is nothing on their website when ordering that alerts you of their automatic reoccurring subscription plan. This is a scam, everyone should be filing an online complaint with the BBB (Better Business Burean) for a full refund.
This company and it's dishonest tactics must be put out of business
Reply to WenGirl

Dec 18, 2013
they charged me shipments i never receive and i already cancel a few months ago Now ther calling me about sending me to court but i cancel :(
Reply to Mad

Jan 05, 2013  from Flushing, New York
They hang up (!) when you call the customer service , saying "sir, you are breaking up" and the website feedback never works. As for my order- I paid 29.99, they signed me up for reaccuring charges and NEVER shipped the original order !!!!! Got refund from my credit card.
Reply to Piotr

Dec 06, 2012  from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Once they get their hands on your credit card or paypal info, you're done. It is a SCAM! It works somewhat, but not worth the aggravation! They charge for shipments that I never received and when I called they said they would send me a refund check. 3 weeks later, I call again, he says the check is in the mail and tells me amount of $37. It is supposed to be $47. So he says he'll put in to send another check for $10. I asked him why I haven't even received the first check and he said they mailed it 12 days ago. Um, noooo way. Mail does not take that long. He says it will take two to three weeks. Really? I asked if it was submitted 12 days ago, when did they actually mail it, put it in the USPS mail? He is evasive, then lies and said they put it in 12 days ago. They are liars and rely upon the fact that a lot of people don't check their accounts to see that the charges with no merchandise. TOTAL SCAM!!!!!
Reply to Also Pissed

Mar 03, 2013  from Murrieta Hot Springs, California
yes proactive robbed me.
Reply to mad

Dec 05, 2012
it is a scam. they pretend it takes 3 days to upload your order so you forget to cancel. Their online chat is terrible - the post written above sounds like it was written by a Proactiv representative.
Reply to kristen

Oct 04, 2012
Proactive is awesome. I worked for my when I was deployed and broke out because or the horrible watter. After a while your face gets used to it and stops working so you need to use something else and then you can go back to Proactive.
To avoid extra Fees just go to the Kioask in a mall and buy it from there, you dont have to wait nor deal with the operator.
Reply to Maira

Sep 26, 2012
they are a complete scam. I ordered once and they kept sending me the product and charged my Credit card. I have not received my $ back after calling Proactive CS and cancelling an order I never did.

F%&^** Scammers!
Reply to Jill H

Sep 23, 2012
My Chat with proactiv

Proactiv: Thank you for your inquiry. Please wait while we connect you with a specialist.
Proactiv: Please wait while a secure chat connection is established.
Proactiv: Thank you for your patience. Please hold for the next available live chat agent.
Proactiv: Hello, my name is Lisa. I am sorry you wish to cancel. May I ask who am I chatting with today?

You: This is maegen

Proactiv: Meagen, I would like to thank you for being a valued Proactiv member and I am sorry you wish to cancel your account. May I please have your
... Show more
Reply to Mae

Sep 13, 2012
Proactive is the biggest piece of *** company. I had my credit card information stolen and the person purchased proactive. I called proactive and let them know that I had put in a stollen card claim and they just resubmitted the charge again so they would get paid. What a piece of *** company......
Reply to Gary

Aug 26, 2012
:( The 1st clue are their "iconic/perfect skin" sponsors who have $$$ up the wazoo to afford the best skincare $$$ can buy. Do you really think they put a $30/month product on their face. Think again!

:x The 2nd clue is their "Activmember" program where you're "forced" to join to get the 1st deal (hook/line/sinker) & then it's $30/month from there until you "fight the power" & finally get out of their cult.

Don't walk - RUN from Proactiv, or see your local Dermitologist for the correct "medical" solution/advice.
Reply to Iceman24

Aug 23, 2012
Doesn't work, causes skin problems, the "representatives" aka robots aren't helpful Example: I asked what to do if my skin got dry and got red and the moisturizer wasn't working if there was anything else I could do and the dam robot said "sorry to hear that" and then the chat shut off!!! WTF! :( :( :(
Reply to Anonymous

Jul 28, 2012
Think twice before ordering anything from TV or internet... This is where we have beocme to lazy to go shopping. Shoppping at a regular salon or department store will give you the satisfaction you need. They have REAL live AMERICAN HUMAN'S working... NOT people from call centers all over the world... The Scam is THICK, from beaty supplies with celebrity names (usually FAKE) to proactive (that can work) but the charges will continue on your card... or reuin your CREDIT. Even if you don't order it and order something like Kerinique which has the same 30 day return... even if you cancel, they claim they can ruin your credit even IF YOU DIDN'T order it... What happens when someone who really has it in for you orders this *** on your behalf and the next thing you know you have ten strickes on your Credit report ebcause they used a purchased visa from RiteAid? They have your name, and your address... They don't need your SS# to put bad marks on your credit- or harasss you into submitting to a forever contract... Products on TV or ONLINE only... Are scams. Those get rich quick books and DVD's.... SCAMS. Check their address, make sure they are not a mailboxes etc type store... This also is a fact for those *** lottery winning letters you might get from a compnay c;laining you are RICH and for 20.00 you can get their list... ALL LEGAL and ALL a SCAM.... Simple. If it seems to good to be true it probably is. From someone who knows and owns a mailbox store...I have seen it... Show more
Reply to ALL TV AD's WARNING!

Jul 10, 2012
they are super dodgy and if u wanted to get rid of pimple and acne go see a dermatoligest and they will tell u that proactive is a scam made to make a few people rich and pray on peoples insequirites, so in the long run dont use it dont order it and tell ure friends family and any 1 u care for to stay clear
Reply to proactive gave me herpies

Jun 30, 2012
I did not order this and it showed up on my debit card account.. I did not want or authorize this on my card. I dont know how they got my card but I will put a stop to them. :(
Reply to Corey

Jun 25, 2012
Proactiv is not a scam everything is explained to you upon ordering you see it several times before you order! You have to click to terms and agreements so you have to "agree" to the subscription. It is 19.95 per month and you get sent a 3 month supply therefore the 67.00 that is 19.95 times 3 plus shipping and handling. IF you order the deluxe system it is 29.95 per month plus shipping. Not that hard to understand and read!Sorry people go back and look at the website again and read it tells you before you click on anything right beside the picture of what you are ordering! It is not watered down! I love the products been using them for about 2 months my face is clear!
Reply to Kim

Jan 27, 2013  from Los Banos, California
YES IT IS 19.95 TRIAL PERIOD THEN U LOCK IN THAT PRICE PLUS 7.99 FOR SHIPPING AND HANDLING AFTER THE TRIAL PERIOD IS OVER 19.95+19
95+19.95 IS FOR 90DAY SUPPLY + 7.99 = 67.84 SIMPLE ALSO YOU SHOULD ALWAYS MAIL IN A MONEY ORDER NEVER GIVE OUT YOUR CREDIT CARD # ON ITEMS LIKE PROACTIVE ESPECIALLY IF YOU DONT KNOW IF THE PRODUCT REALLY WORKS. SO DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT BEING SCAMMED :p AND REMEMBER TO LOOK BEFORE UOU LEAP. AND IF U DECIDED TO GET THE TEEN/DELUXE KIT WHICH IS 29.95 BEFORE TESTING THE PRODUCT OUT THAT WAS DUMB. NOW LOOK AT U IM NOT TRYING TO BE MEAN BUT ITS IN BLACK AND WHITE WHAT THE TERMS WERE U JUST DIDN'T TAKE THE TIME TO CAREFULLY READ WHAT U SIGNED UP FOR. AMD EXERCISING EATING RIGHT AND DRINKING LOTS OF WATER INSTEAD OF SODA AND JUICE IS A NATURAL CURE FOR FIGHTING ACNE :x
Reply to READ1ST

Jun 13, 2012
If you read on the website, they clearly explain to you that you will be paying for your first payment at a lower price and then the price is 30.00 a month after that. They send you a 90 day supply, meaning that you are charged for the three months. 90.00. You must also pay shipping, just like everything else that is sent to you. 10.00. If you do the math correctly you are charged approximately 100 dollars every three months. If you don't read everything and understand it before you buy it you can't complain and talk about how it is a "scam" They clearly tell you what you will pay. As with the product itself, I've been using it for years and it completely 100% works for me. Everyones skin is different.
Reply to Rebecca.

May 28, 2012
I have easy way to solution this problem. Call free this # 1800-638-2772 consumer defense.
Reply to Santos

May 17, 2012
I had a similar experience as all these other folks. I ordered the first package and as soon as I recieved it I cancelled the account. (well at least I thought I did). THEN I saw another charge on my credit card and called them. They originally told me that I would just have to refuse the shipment and when the received I would be able to get creditted. To which I was furious and demanded they refund my money now since it wasnt my problem in the first place. They said that they would minus the s&h (wait, what??)...I told them this was not my error and I wasnt paying the s&h. So they agreed to refund the entire amount...but did they NOPE...had to call back again to get the s&H credited. I am still dealing with these shady characters!!!!!
Reply to Tracey D

Read next Proactiv Solution complaint

Proactiv stole money from my credit card

I purchased a starter kit from Proactiv for my godson.A month and a half later I received a box of a...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Proactiv Solution.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug