• show-popup

Views 113
Monetary Loss

Pinterest @pissedconsumer

Update added by user Jul 03, 2013
The outer cover when exposed to sun will weaken causing the hose to explode. My fixes worked but the hose won't even last a season - very poor material. It came apart in the middle - it is now in the trash.

Original review posted by user Jun 02, 2013

Purchased three pocket hoses all of them have burst at the hose connection.Cost to much to ship back.

I have taken apart and applied a hose clamp - works great now with no leaks! Use an Allen tool to take apart, cut the medal band with a Dremel Tool, slide hard black plastic part back up hose until later. Slide hose clamp over hose and put inner hose on fitting them outer yellow hose tighten clamp. Then put black hard plastic up to hose clamp and wrap with duck tape.

I have photo's if others want to fix - step by step.Just email me at sheriff@sti.net 2d4a173

Comments (4) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Aug 04, 2013  from Los Angeles, California
That's good info for a break at the ends. But ours sprang a leak in the middle.

Since the hose is made in two "layers" -- a transparent plastic tube in the center, surrounded by that green sheath, it's a real P.I.T.A. to repair both layers.

In process right now, but hold little hope for a satisfactory fix, as there's no foolproof way to re-splice the transparent tubing after you snip out the section that spring a leak.

And I don't know of any way to simply plug that leak in the inner tubing.

And Frye's won't take it back. Waste of money.
Reply to Persistenter

Aug 04, 2013  from Oakhurst, California
I wouldn't waste your time after the outer hose starts to come apart it will continue to break - that's what happened after I fixed both ends. Now in trash!
Reply to SHERIFFALLEN

Jul 08, 2013  from Stuart, Florida
I had a problem with my pocket hose. The little black plastic lever near the handle end broke. I called customer service and guess what? The company sent me a brand new one. I don't think these hoses are meant to be left out in the sun.
Reply to Bonnie

Jul 24, 2013  from Fall River, Massachusetts
I would like to get that phone number.Can you post it?
Reply to samaill

Read next Pocket Hose complaint

pocket hose

Consumer reports gave the pocket hose a good rating, better then the rest.so I purchased one 50 foot...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Pocket Hose.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug